DiRTy Gossip

I'm loving this game so much! I can jump from playing sim on my wheel to gamer on my controller to play with my friends so easy! Although I beat them all by 10 seconds despite doing a joker on every lap!
Sounds like a challenge...?  lol

@KickUp I was curious have any of the patches so far affected the ai? It seems like the ai on tough now goes faster than pretty much everyone on the leaderboards in Wales whereas I had no problem with them on Friday and Saturday. Seemed odd to me that a couple of them actually went faster than porkhammer and joona pansku as that basically means no one will beat the ai on some of the stages. It's not every stage but happens pretty frequently. Sometimes I'm going flat out in highest gear and the ai tracker on the left just has them building a bigger and bigger lead.

Oh and @KickUp the rain bug also happens in rx and landrush after the race when it switches to an interior view of the driver. 

Scyy said:
@KickUp I was curious have any of the patches so far affected the ai? It seems like the ai on tough now goes faster than pretty much everyone on the leaderboards in Wales whereas I had no problem with them on Friday and Saturday. Seemed odd to me that a couple of them actually went faster than porkhammer and joona pansku as that basically means no one will beat the ai on some of the stages. It's not every stage but happens pretty frequently. Sometimes I'm going flat out in highest gear and the ai tracker on the left just has them building a bigger and bigger lead.
IMHO nope, it's random. I've been beaten in Michigan and GB just to rule them out on last stage. Sometimes didn't though and kept only 2nd place after Alvarez.

Utterly in love with the handling now, big improvement on Dirt Rally. 

KickUp said:
chukonu said:
My PC still freezes until I have to manually restart my PC when I try and play a rain stage :( Has this bug been noticed yet by the devs?
Are you using cockpit cam?
Yep! Cockpit only!

Never mind everything else, I'm loving the soundtrack!  Both sfx & musical!!

Yeah that Alvarez Dude is quite quick sometimes and then again 30 sec slower some other times...
But I sure hope his nationality is a hint for the first location-DLC ;)

On another note, more testing with YourStage and I could in addition to Finland also make a very close representation of Rally China (The stages of the cancelled 2016 Rally) with Spain. Highest complexity, only through forest and setting a less Mediterranean lightning with time Sunset and weather Overcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSRHbY-dE8A

YourStage really can create some variety! some locations more than others though I feel.

I also unlocked Fearless and have to say two things:
- I'm really happy it doesn't lock out the rev-meter and gears from dashcam, since dashcam feels so much more natural with my setup than cockpit(it's just too far away)
- Changing to H-Pattern being prohibited is kinda weird. But so is, that the "H-Pattern OR Sequential" setting is gone in the first place. Hope both of these can be patched soon. Feels kinda like cheating if you indeed have a H-Shifter and must drive a Grp B car in sequential in the 'Fearless' mode...

spothedog said:
KickUp said:
spothedog said:
KickUp said:
spothedog said:
spothedog said:
KickUp said:
spothedog said:
I hope it's ok to ask here as I didn't want to create a thread just for this. A friend on my fl sent me a stage on wales to try so I went to free play to try it , but how do you load it. I went into load event and it doesn't show up, is this a bug or am I missing something?
So assuming you've had a mail saying you've been sent it you can find it in the recieved tab when you select load Stage. 

You need to have selected the same country as the stage you have been sent before it becomes visible in your list. 
Yes that's correct, it's a stage in Wales and when I go to free play, select Wales then load stage the only 2 tabs showing are career and the my saved stages. Which it doesn't show up under either one of those tabs. 

I also don't see how you share them. I got to be missing something cause he was able to send it. 
So I should have a received tab along with my career and saved stages, I also assume that when I hit X for options on a saved stage/championship there should be and option to share. I don't have either one of those. I'll take a few pictures tonight and clear my cache and try it again. If that don't work I try and reinstall it and if that don't work I'll repost it in the Found Bug forum, Thank you for your reply and help.

HOW TO LOAD, PLAY AND SAVE A SHARED STAGE:

·         Select Event > Freeplay > Rally (or Historic Rally).

·         Then on the Freeplay Championship screen select the ADD EVENT tile (it’ll already be highlighted by default).

·         Then on the Location screen, select the location of the Stage that has been shared e.g. Wales.

·         Then on the Event Configuration screen on the ADD STAGE tile (it’ll already be highlighted by default) use the MORE OPTIONS menu and select the LOAD STAGE option.

·         Then on the Load Stage screen you’ll see 4 tabs – Career Stages, My Stages, Stage History and Received.

·         Navigate across to the Received tab and in this tab you should see any Stage shared to you via the Mailbox (it’s filtered by location).

·         Pres SELECT on the Stage you wish to load and you’ll be returned to the Event Configuration screen.

·         From here you can either use the MORE OPTIONS menu again and select the SAVE STAGE option in order to save it to MY STAGES (Select the SAVE STAGE row on that screen) OR just select the CONFIRM option on the Event Configuration screen and then START on the Freeplay Championship screen to give the shared Stage a test run before you commit to saving it to MY STAGES.

·         If you do like the Stage that has been shared you can just select the SAVE TO MY STAGES option on the Results screen after completing the Stage.

HOW TO SHARE A SAVED STAGE:

·         Select Event > Freeplay > Rally (or Historic Rally).

·         Then on the Freeplay Championship screen select the ADD EVENT tile (it’ll already be highlighted by default).

·         Then on the Location screen, select the location of the Stage that you wish to share e.g. a stage from Wales.

·         Then on the Event Configuration screen on the ADD STAGE tile (it’ll already be highlighted by default) use the MORE OPTIONS menu and select the LOAD STAGE option.

·         Then on the Load Stage screen you’ll see 4 tabs – Career Stages, My Stages, Stage History and Received.

·         Navigate across to the My Stages tab and in this tab you should see any Stages that you can share to Friends via the Mailbox (it’s filtered by location). You can only Share stages from the My Stages tab (either via the Load Stage or Save Stage screen).

·         Highlight the Stage that you wish to share, use the MORE OPTIONS menu on it and select the SHARE option.

·         On the Share My Stage screen select the Friend(s) you wish to share the Stage with and then select the CONFIRM button.

Hope that helps

I would love to do that if those options were available to me, but they are not I only have 2 tabs career and my stages and only 2 options rename and delete. When I get home from work I will try it again and maybe if I clear my cache and restart the game it they might show up , Thanks again for your help.
Take a screenshot of it or record a game clip if you can. 
I will, Thanks you guys are the best in gaming when it comes to customer relations. 
Well I don't know what changed last night there was only 2 tabs on Wales, today there is 4 just like you said. I'm sorry I wasted your time but thank very much for taking the time to help me. 

For or the record I was in free play and in Wales last night I tried 3 times and it always showed 2 tabs. 

Anybody finding the Welsh notes far far too late?  We have increased braking and understeer to deal with but Nicky just ain't calling the hairpins early enough.  I'm fairly nervous of braking had too, with the snap 180's.

Xbox Wales is stuttering like a bad bitch too...

Saw 30 new posts and thought someone had attempted to name an Audi again, but no, it's just Paul patiently answering post after post and showing awesome respect for the customer base again.....

Cheers ;)
Who does that guy think he is, some kind of spokesperson for the game or something? 

I guess DJI got too much excited with D4 :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szv0_sxQjhg&feature=youtu.be

Onboard: https://streamable.com/fe1n2

Scyy said:
Sim or Gamer? (The AI is different for each)
Some tweaks have been made in the studio but I don't know if they were added to the patch. Also, the person responsible is taking a short vacation so I'm going to have to do some digging to find out. 

Lynx2000 said:
Oh and @KickUp the rain bug also happens in rx and landrush after the race when it switches to an interior view of the driver. 
Thanks

I am sad, Gameseek took my order now temporarily out of stock. Not sure I'll even get Day One Edition at this rate :( even though that's passed now

Mainly focused on the rallying last night. The flowing roads in Spain are superb and I love the slow town sections. 

Did my first R5 Championship (in Wales). Absolutely everything I was hoping for from the game. I like the stronger shadows under the trees, makes judging some of the apexes much trickier in bright sunshine.

Finished up with some test races in the various supercars to try and decide on my fave: nice to see the DS3 retains the soft Solberg setup!

Still trying to figure out the intricacies of car collecting. Seems to be any car purchased new has the option of your own team livery or the first of the preset liveries (doesn't seem to be any alternate livery selection when you buy new?). Similarly used cars get the option of the livery you buy them with or your team livery? 

New/old cars are all the same specification wise though, aren't they? It's just the quality of parts (which concerns reliability, not performance) that changes? 

@KickUp Again really sorry if this has been asked before, but might there be (or is) some kind of sorting possible in our own garage? At the moment they are sorted by buy-date, but I want to group them by classes. A huge thanks in advance!

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, @KickUp, but I noticed some issues with the delivery of pacenotes, specifically for hairpins.

When testing on several different notches towards the earliest side of the delivery speed, I find myself overshooting junctions and diving into bushes due to late calls on the more technical corners (coming off a fast section), and they seem to be out of sync with the delivery speed of the rest of the notes. 

I understand that pacenotes have been done differently this year, so thought it was worth mentioning, in case anything can be tweaked. 

I mean, if you wanted to, you could get back into the sim seat and record pacenotes just for me :] :] :]  
Don't do it for anybody else though, I want to feel special. 

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, @KickUp, but I noticed some issues with the delivery of pacenotes, specifically for hairpins.

When testing on several different notches towards the earliest side of the delivery speed, I find myself overshooting junctions and diving into bushes due to late calls on the more technical corners (coming off a fast section), and they seem to be out of sync with the delivery speed of the rest of the notes. 

I understand that pacenotes have been done differently this year, so thought it was worth mentioning, in case anything can be tweaked. 

I mean, if you wanted to, you could get back into the sim seat and record pacenotes just for me :] :] :]  
Overall I think the pacenotes work better than I anticipated but there are some of them that are off yes. Might be when you are carrying speed of a straight tile and the next tile is a hairpin? The system might be troublesome when it comes from one tile to another.

There's a few times I've shouted "You could have at least gave me a fucking caution" at Rob Brydon. 

Clicked disagree (your nothing special)  I and probably some others too want Paul back in our codriver seat. I really like Nicky but Paul was just a little bit clearer to me with Nicky I sometimes have myself heading towards corners thinking what exactly he said as I couldn't really understand what he said(I drive without hud so hearing the codriver clearly is quite essential to me) 

tbtstt said:
Mainly focused on the rallying last night. The flowing roads in Spain are superb and I love the slow town sections. 

Did my first R5 Championship (in Wales). Absolutely everything I was hoping for from the game. I like the stronger shadows under the trees, makes judging some of the apexes much trickier in bright sunshine.

Finished up with some test races in the various supercars to try and decide on my fave: nice to see the DS3 retains the soft Solberg setup!

Still trying to figure out the intricacies of car collecting. Seems to be any car purchased new has the option of your own team livery or the first of the preset liveries (doesn't seem to be any alternate livery selection when you buy new?). Similarly used cars get the option of the livery you buy them with or your team livery? 

New/old cars are all the same specification wise though, aren't they? It's just the quality of parts (which concerns reliability, not performance) that changes? 
Yep part quality changes on the cars in the classifieds.