DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Ferranis said:
@KickUp Again really sorry if this has been asked before, but might there be (or is) some kind of sorting possible in our own garage? At the moment they are sorted by buy-date, but I want to group them by classes. A huge thanks in advance!
I'll add to the wishlist but I believe there are complex reasons why we didn't do this.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, @KickUp, but I noticed some issues with the delivery of pacenotes, specifically for hairpins.

When testing on several different notches towards the earliest side of the delivery speed, I find myself overshooting junctions and diving into bushes due to late calls on the more technical corners (coming off a fast section), and they seem to be out of sync with the delivery speed of the rest of the notes. 

I understand that pacenotes have been done differently this year, so thought it was worth mentioning, in case anything can be tweaked. 

I mean, if you wanted to, you could get back into the sim seat and record pacenotes just for me :] :] :]  
Don't do it for anybody else though, I want to feel special. 
I could whisper them and the audio guys could mix them into your right ear only... >:)

It's him!! Get him!!!

What are you doing about the grip levels in gravel you monster?!

How more i play the game, how more i love the game. At the moment I almost can't say anthing negative about the game.

+ Dirtfish playground
+ Sounds
+ Physics (Rallycross and Asphalt did become very good and nice)
+ Yourstage (I am suprised how fastly can generate)

The game gives me a big smile :)

Some ideas for new content
- Create your own playground at Dirtfish. That you can create your own gymphana or training course or add silly jumps or obstacle course.
- I can imagine the Barcelona and Hockenheim RX track can be created quite quickly. Tracks are already being 3d used for the F1 games. So it will be more a matter of licensing imo. This could be the same maybe for the new Silverstone RX track.
- WRX 2017 cars/skins.
- BTW, JRM's new MINI livery used for the Silverstone RX press day?
- Older RX Supercars are very welcome to, like the C4, Impreza, Focus, etc. :) Or of possible (with licensing) the Global Rallycross Supercars like the Beetle, Impreza, Civic and M-Sport Fiesta :)

I become a big RX fan the last few years, and the more RX content, the better :)

KickUp said:
tbtstt said:
Mainly focused on the rallying last night. The flowing roads in Spain are superb and I love the slow town sections. 

Did my first R5 Championship (in Wales). Absolutely everything I was hoping for from the game. I like the stronger shadows under the trees, makes judging some of the apexes much trickier in bright sunshine.

Finished up with some test races in the various supercars to try and decide on my fave: nice to see the DS3 retains the soft Solberg setup!

Still trying to figure out the intricacies of car collecting. Seems to be any car purchased new has the option of your own team livery or the first of the preset liveries (doesn't seem to be any alternate livery selection when you buy new?). Similarly used cars get the option of the livery you buy them with or your team livery? 

New/old cars are all the same specification wise though, aren't they? It's just the quality of parts (which concerns reliability, not performance) that changes? 
Yep part quality changes on the cars in the classifieds.
Excellent, cheers for the confirmation. So if we have a particular car, either new or old, with "A" parts fitted, that is as good as that car can be? Aside from collecting different colours, there is no reason to have multiple versions of the same car?

KickUp said:
Ferranis said:
@KickUp Again really sorry if this has been asked before, but might there be (or is) some kind of sorting possible in our own garage? At the moment they are sorted by buy-date, but I want to group them by classes. A huge thanks in advance!
I'll add to the wishlist but I believe there are complex reasons why we didn't do this.
I had been wondering about this, fair play if it's a technical limitation!

tbtstt said:
KickUp said:
tbtstt said:
Mainly focused on the rallying last night. The flowing roads in Spain are superb and I love the slow town sections. 

Did my first R5 Championship (in Wales). Absolutely everything I was hoping for from the game. I like the stronger shadows under the trees, makes judging some of the apexes much trickier in bright sunshine.

Finished up with some test races in the various supercars to try and decide on my fave: nice to see the DS3 retains the soft Solberg setup!

Still trying to figure out the intricacies of car collecting. Seems to be any car purchased new has the option of your own team livery or the first of the preset liveries (doesn't seem to be any alternate livery selection when you buy new?). Similarly used cars get the option of the livery you buy them with or your team livery? 

New/old cars are all the same specification wise though, aren't they? It's just the quality of parts (which concerns reliability, not performance) that changes? 
Yep part quality changes on the cars in the classifieds.
Excellent, cheers for the confirmation. So if we have a particular car, either new or old, with "A" parts fitted, that is as good as that car can be? Aside from collecting different colours, there is no reason to have multiple versions of the same car?
Yes

@KickUp is it design decision to be able to save only 4 car setups per car? There are 5 locations for rally so it seems a bit weird...

P.S. For those who are new here - you can flag Spam with the Flag > Spam and after 4 or 5 flags like this the thread is hidden automatically.

About the pacenotes yeah i feel on default setting fast corners are said a bit early for my taste meanwhile 3's, 2's and 1's hairpins are bit late for my reaction. As i cant trust it 100% when i hear it i start to look where the corner is coming up and then its usually late to react. so if i put it earlier, the fast notes are way too early and i forget what comes when.

KickUp said:
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, @KickUp, but I noticed some issues with the delivery of pacenotes, specifically for hairpins.

When testing on several different notches towards the earliest side of the delivery speed, I find myself overshooting junctions and diving into bushes due to late calls on the more technical corners (coming off a fast section), and they seem to be out of sync with the delivery speed of the rest of the notes. 

I understand that pacenotes have been done differently this year, so thought it was worth mentioning, in case anything can be tweaked. 

I mean, if you wanted to, you could get back into the sim seat and record pacenotes just for me :] :] :]  
I could whisper them and the audio guys could mix them into your right ear only... >:)
Hot.

Nice payouts for the weeklies and Hyundai event. Time to expand the garage and upgrade my Private Collector facility.

And the Classic Italia red Fulvia popped up on the classifieds!

versedi said:
@KickUp is it design decision to be able to save only 4 car setups per car? There are 5 locations for rally so it seems a bit weird...

P.S. For those who are new here - you can flag Spam with the Flag > Spam and after 4 or 5 flags like this the thread is hidden automatically.
You get four setups per car per surface. So for example 12 setups per rally car - Gravel x4, Tarmac x4, Snow x4.

This is how it has been designed from a technical perspective and it is related to save sizes.

KickUp said:
versedi said:

You get four setups per car per surface. So for example 12 setups per rally car - Gravel x4, Tarmac x4, Snow x4.

This is how it has been designed from a technical perspective and it is related to save sizes.
Oh that explains, but I need to check something once I get home...

I think I've had 3 gravel, 1 tarmac and was trying to save one more gravel from another Location...and Save was unavailable. I won't let cut my arm for that though so don't treat it as issue report yet.

Is it possible to save multiple liverys for cars in your garage? 
I don't think so: each car in your garage has the choice of the livery that was on it when you bought/were given it, plus your team livery. 

If you want a car in multiple colours you have to buy it again (I assume you have to buy upgraded parts again for the second car as well).

tbtstt said:
I don't think so: each car in your garage has the choice of the livery that was on it when you bought/were given it, plus your team livery. 

If you want a car in multiple colours you have to buy it again (I assume you have to buy upgraded parts again for the second car as well).
I've bought Scoobie 2001 just to be rewarded with Burns livery one.
I've sold the livery one, but now I'm able to choose the Burns livery on the used one that I've bought first.

versedi said:
tbtstt said:

I've sold the livery one, but now I'm able to choose the Burns livery on the used one that I've bought first.
That's interesting to read, so you have more than two liveries available on a car in the garage then? 

tbtstt said:
versedi said:
tbtstt said:

That's interesting to read, so you have more than two liveries available on a car in the garage then? 
Yeah there are special liveries you can unlock. Like the Day One Event one. I don't think you can manually create a livery in the branding suite and save it as an extra livery to a car though.

tbtstt said:
versedi said:
tbtstt said:

I can choose three - white (how I bought it), team livery and Burns one. 

Is the sound for Audi Quattro S1E2 perhaps a placeholder? It sounds suspiciously like the Pikes Peak version from DiRT Rally! The rally version sounds different. Also if you are keeping this sound at least make the flutter a lot louder.

Phew, if anyone was following my depressing attempt to get a copy of the game, one is now in the post via 365games.co.uk, phew!

versedi said:
tbtstt said:
versedi said:
tbtstt said:

Ah, interesting: seems you don't need to own the same car multiple times to have lots of liveries then!

tbtstt said:
versedi said:
tbtstt said:
versedi said:
tbtstt said:

Ah, interesting: seems you don't need to own the same car multiple times to have lots of liveries then!
Then why we need 120 places in garage (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

KickUp said:
Scyy said:
@KickUp I was curious have any of the patches so far affected the ai? It seems like the ai on tough now goes faster than pretty much everyone on the leaderboards in Wales whereas I had no problem with them on Friday and Saturday. Seemed odd to me that a couple of them actually went faster than porkhammer and joona pansku as that basically means no one will beat the ai on some of the stages. It's not every stage but happens pretty frequently. Sometimes I'm going flat out in highest gear and the ai tracker on the left just has them building a bigger and bigger lead.
Sim or Gamer? (The AI is different for each)
Some tweaks have been made in the studio but I don't know if they were added to the patch. Also, the person responsible is taking a short vacation so I'm going to have to do some digging to find out. 
It happened to me as well!! I finished 17 th two days ago with a BMW M3 and yesterday I the championship again and got no problem with the ford sierra!! All on simulation!

Lynx2000 said:

Clicked disagree (your nothing special)  I and probably some others too want Paul back in our codriver seat. 
The whole part of that comment from me was a joke (but not), but thanks for trying, sweetness. I know I'm special. 

Also, clicked 'LOL' because LOL.