DiRTy Gossip

Parts do fail if they are low grade like D or E, specially on back to back 10km+ stages. This can happen with clean driving as well.

I was down on IGC all the time... weekly reward + daily = 750k. lol :D

47 hours and I've just found out you can buy perks for staff...
Is Ford a GB or USA origin? 

sqdstr said:
WRC 7 Corsica gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9hveK-mVXo

They're talking about WRC 7's handling going more to the simulation side this time
That video is terrible. You could have at least posted the Monte Carlo triple-screen wheel motion simulator setup. Since this is the DiRT forum I won't bother posting the nice videos, but I will say this for anyone on the fence about the WRC series:
While 5 was atrocious, 6 is quite a decent game. Physics are competent and predictable. It's not an easy game. I would say it's simcade leaning towards sim. The most annoying thing about it is that at times it has that Driveclub-like "save myself from a sure spin with opposite lock". Other than that, it's nice. Good feeling of weight and great mechanical damage modeling. Graphics are OK, sound are iffy, but the stages are nice, the presentation is nice and it's cool to have all the official content.

Lots to be improved so I'm looking forward to 7. DiRT and the WRC games fit different niches and each has their strong points. For any rally freak out there like me (us), it's worthwhile to have DR, D4, WRC 6 and SLRE. Each game is good in its own light.

i laughed when nicky said in a thunderstorm on australia in mudfest " lets try and use the grip " :D

KickUp said:
bogani said:
So, @KickUp, is this just a neat detail without any real consequence?

Yeah, there is a bunch of stuff like this that is meant to distract you. That said, if you do have a gearbox problem Nicky will say the same stuff and you'll hear some audio that suggests damage.
The more I play this game the more I wonder how many things meant to distract me are in it. Then I remember it's Codemasters we're talking about :D

I really want to play, but my room is hotter than a Swedish volleyball team, making playing on a wheel a bit uncomfortable!

Think I remember somone here saying the Evo VI understeers terribly, I might have found the source: The front anti-roll-bar is much stiffer than the back in default. Switch that the other way, but only slightly. And lower both down to around 4 and 5 instead of the default ~13 or something.
This quick try for the weekly (and no other setup changes) made it shift it's weight much more happily ;)

Anybody else find that crosscart to be bloody hard to control (driving without assists), I can even drive more controlled with a 037 or 205 E2 despite really hating those. The cart just seems to snap the tail out without warning and almost uncatchable...

I also concluded that I like Australia the most currently. Feels the most varied and most unpredictable to be with a great mix of fast straights and techical bits. And the map seems better than the others for Yourstage with big patches of forest and outback alowing much more varied feeling stages. Some can be mostly forest some mostly outback, some in between nicely, together with lots of nice tiles and junctions in different ways. In the weekly there was a very nice (because hard and unexpected) "Right 2 into immediate junction 90 left".   Spain also has this nice map of big forest area vs big open area, but some parts in the open area feel more repetitive I feel there, especially the "right 5, left 5, right 5" combo.  Sweden is also nicely varied but more difficult to predict from the preview screen, so if you want something specific it might be harder to generate.
USA feels most boring visually as it's mostly the same forest and the pieces that are outside are often the same. And the map has really little outside-area in general.  Wales seems to have 50/50 on the map, but in small patches all over the place, which leads to most stages having everything. This is good for a single one but not for multiple, they all feel very similar if you pick same settings in the generator. Additionally the forest has some very nice pieces, but the open fields feel very very featureless. I'm missing some windmills, logpiles, gates, roadside-fences and generally stuff in those open areas.

@Kick_Up @Hatward @urgaffel Deducting from the above I suggest this for your DLC map (hopefully Argentina) 
Make the map 35%/35% between forested watersplashy lowlands on one side and open fast highlands on the other with a 30% strip of rocky technical ascent in between as the transition. That should allow the YourStage Algorithm to create stages that are fully lowlands, fully highlands, mainly heavy rock technical and mixes of them all. This way a championship will feel nice and varied with different stage characteristics. Similar (better than) to Australia currently and less samey as Wales and Michigan. Just a thought/inspiration.

TL;DR:
First para: Evo VI
2nd: Crosscart
3rd and 4th: YourStage observations and suggestions.

I input the settings for the tune found in this thread just to finish the Karts in Career. Definately much better than the default tune. YMMV

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/6h8a1y/crosskart_tune_and_some_advice_from_the_current/

Can anybody tell me when you get the official Subaru liverys and others in the game. Thanks.

Narzugon said:
I input the settings for the tune found in this thread just to finish the Karts in Career. Definately much better than the default tune. YMMV

https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/6h8a1y/crosskart_tune_and_some_advice_from_the_current/

I came here to complain about how the crosskarts are worthless in landrush finding your post suddenly, haha.
Though he says specifically its not made for landrush. I hope he updates it.

versedi said:
I'm sad because there's no way to create a Leg-System like a IRL rally in Jam Session Multiplayer.

You can't copy and paste one generated stage in the same event for two or three times unless I don't know some magic tricks. 

------

sqdstr said:
WRC 7 Corsica gameplay

They're talking about WRC 7's handling going more to the simulation side this time

Sure, simulation. They've talked like that about 5 and 6 too. 

I did kind of Leg system for my own championship by saving stage & loading it to another slot later. You could even change the time etc. Hope this helps

Btw. I do wish we could have 20+ stages in event to do proper leg-system like WRC. One for the future

versedi said:
I was down on IGC all the time... weekly reward + daily = 750k. lol :D

47 hours and I've just found out you can buy perks for staff...
Is Ford a GB or USA origin? 
Wait, you can buy perks? Hah

Ford is listed as US in the game.

Concerning WRC 7, the environment looks promising but the car models and the physics are the same repetitive features that we witnessed in the last WRC games. Surely, there is a target market behind this decision to make these game fully playable by everybody, but this also reflects a bad impression given to and thought about sim racers and especially rally fans as being mundane players.

It is unfortunately the same thing over and over again with new cars and sequel numeration.

it really annoys me how in a landrush i have never been passed cleanly by the ai they just barge me out of the way and spin me out. in real life that wouldnt be allowed, also its like they weigh 10 times the amount because they dont pin when they ram you but you can go flying out of the track

chukonu said:
Narzugon said:

I came here to complain about how the crosskarts are worthless in landrush finding your post suddenly, haha.
Though he says specifically its not made for landrush. I hope he updates it.
I found the crosskarts very fun to drive in landrush, moreso than the buggies personally. They're a bit trickier in RX because of the tighter tracks, but I like how they're snappy. It makes for some pretty high-intensity racing when you can point-and-shoot them through the corners more aggressively than bigger cars.

I had a question for @Hatward or @KickUp , with leaderboards and dailies and the like is there any chance to add an out of section to show how many people are listed or to at least add back in the ability to go to the top of the leaderboard and press up to go to the bottom.

SkyRex said:
Anybody else find that crosscart to be bloody hard to control (driving without assists), I can even drive more controlled with a 037 or 205 E2 despite really hating those. The cart just seems to snap the tail out without warning and almost uncatchable...
No, you aren't the only one! The karts and Pro2 trucks have been the biggest challenge for me so far. I started driving the karts like circuit racers and I iimediately got a lot faster. They do snap though and, although you can slide them, they are way more predictable if you keep it clean.

Kenny1962 said:
Can anybody tell me when you get the official Subaru liverys and others in the game. Thanks.
The 2001 WRCar livery was awarded to me relatively early in the rally career. I am now about 70% through the rally career and I was awarded an alternate (Prodrive) livery for the NR4 Impreza last night.

I am yet to get/see the 555 livery for the Group A car. That's the one I really want, but it's not popped up in the classified yet so I suspect it won't come until later in the career!

Forgive the double post, but something minor (and I mean really minor) that I noticed a few days ago but forgot to post: the photographers that were on the rallycross circuits in DiRT Rally are gone now. 

Bring back the trackside photographers (please)! 

tbtstt said:
SkyRex said:
No, you aren't the only one! The karts and Pro2 trucks have been the biggest challenge for me so far. I started driving the karts like circuit racers and I iimediately got a lot faster. They do snap though and, although you can slide them, they are way more predictable if you keep it clean.

Kenny1962 said:
The 2001 WRCar livery was awarded to me relatively early in the rally career. I am now about 70% through the rally career and I was awarded an alternate (Prodrive) livery for the NR4 Impreza last night.

I am yet to get/see the 555 livery for the Group A car. That's the one I really want, but it's not popped up in the classified yet so I suspect it won't come until later in the career!
i love the karts the main thing from stopping me playing them is the restricted views.could do with better cams for them.

Not this thread, edit:

I've driven karts only in Daily so far.
Not really a big fan, rally is my place.

Darhour said:
Concerning WRC 7, the environment looks promising but the car models and the physics are the same repetitive features that we witnessed in the last WRC games. Surely, there is a target market behind this decision to make these game fully playable by everybody, but this also reflects a bad impression given to and thought about sim racers and especially rally fans as being mundane players.

It is unfortunately the same thing over and over again with new cars and sequel numeration.
It's a difficult one. Evo Studios came the closest when representing rally with the WRC license in a fair way to include all, without making it feel too wooden, but branding and licensing has changed a lot since then. 

Gaming has become huge, because back when the original WRC games were out, people were considered losers for playing games in general, so there was more flexibility for developers because the market wasn't as potentially wide.

Perhaps more relevant, the importance of money in licensing and branding has changed and increased significantly, and things have become greedy, petty and restrictive. You can see the same issue with the F1 games, and how little wiggle room they have. You'll have hardcore sim guys complaining, but they don't realise that Codies are working close to the ceiling as far as creativity goes. 

It's an unfortunate scenario, and even though the WRC games could arguably benefit from being given to a more financially powerful dev studio, the same problems would still be there. 

Handmade, beautiful stage: LACK OF CONTENT!!!!! WE NEED NEW LOCATIONS IT'S BORING!
Stage generator, infite stages, repetable tiles (it was obvious): BORED IN 2 WEEKS, GOING BACK TO DR.

Hypocrisy or what this is?
Are you guys bored with stages?  I think those who are bored didn't try to attack Global Leaderboards for WR's.

What we really need is a point'n'click Stage Creator using Google Maps. Or Google Earth. Oh, sod it Codies, give us the whole Universe!

PaloSamo said:
What we really need is a point'n'click Stage Creator using Google Maps. Or Google Earth. Oh, sod it Codies, give us the whole Universe!
Nasa 4 hire Rally Moon? It'd give a whole new meaning to the complaints of the 'weight' of the cars. 

PaloSamo said:
Nasa 4 hire Rally Moon? It'd give a whole new meaning to the complaints of the 'weight' of the cars. 
Pick a planet where the cars feel just right *for you*