Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts

Sho846 said:
Anyone facing a weird issue with Loheac RX circuit?

The first two turns at the start, I start to slide way too much and even go into half spins every time. But when I attack those corners pretty much the same and sometimes even more aggressively in the following laps, the cars handles fine.

Happened with the DS3 and Focus so far. Haven't tried others yet.
Definitely tire temperatures. 100%. First lap is basically the tires warming up, which is why every single time you go into the Joker on Lydden on the start you'll be sliding all over the place, 2nd lap, nice and smooth.

Whether that is implemented in rally is a completely different story though. I don't feel much difference in Spain, if any at all. But I can easily tell on every RX circuit with every RX car that the tires definitely warm up. They got the data from Cooper Tires after all, so it stands to reason that the simulation of those should be much more advanced, so naturally tire temperature is a must (Gran Turismo 4 had it ffs).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe a dumb question but I just won the FIA WRX championship and got up to level 35.
I got a mail from my PR agent saying I received a generous sponsor offering from Recaro. But when I go to sponsors in the branding suite, I can't find them.
So where can I accept their offer then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sqdstr said:
Maybe a dumb question but I just won the FIA WRX championship and got up to level 35.
I got a mail from my PR agent saying I received a generous sponsor offering from Recaro. But when I go to sponsors in the branding suite, I can't find them.
So where can I accept their offer then?
I've heard you can be hired as a driver if you choose not to take your car.
Not sure though, didn't checked that yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sho846 said:
Anyone facing a weird issue with Loheac RX circuit?

The first two turns at the start, I start to slide way too much and even go into half spins every time. But when I attack those corners pretty much the same and sometimes even more aggressively in the following laps, the cars handles fine.

Happened with the DS3 and Focus so far. Haven't tried others yet.
Definitely tire temperatures. 100%. First lap is basically the tires warming up, which is why every single time you go into the Joker on Lydden on the start you'll be sliding all over the place, 2nd lap, nice and smooth.

Whether that is implemented in rally is a completely different story though. I don't feel much difference in Spain, if any at all. But I can easily tell on every RX circuit with every RX car that the tires definitely warm up. They got the data from Cooper Tires after all, so it stands to reason that the simulation of those should be much more advanced, so naturally tire temperature is a must (Gran Turismo 4 had it ffs).
If they simulate tire temps there should be tire pressure as well. I'm truly doubting tire temps are a thing in D4. 

As said I've had the first corner in hell literally behaving like ice. No grip what so ever. If that would be due to cold tires it would happen frequently. I only had it once or twice over 20-30 heats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttYyn2Fvz_s

Kevin Abbring final stage of Ypres Rally
Stage win and overall rally win Ypres 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just back from Ypres. Not sure if I've mentioned before, but what a perfect addition that would be for D4, the characteristics would fit Your Stage perfectly.......

(although more tiles for existing locations would be great)

OK, normal service resumed.
As a local resident I can only encourage this, and yes u can call me biased as much as u want.
These are very narrow, tight and technical farm roads. But they are also incredibly fast, average speeds above 110-115km/h on most stages.
Then there are the ditches right next to the roads, which are sometimes very deep and thus make these stages even more challenging than they already are. Corner cutting is extreme here, the cars cut the corners sometimes as deep as the ditch besides it. (Below Kris Meeke when demonstrating the 208 R5 for the first time in Ypres 2013)


Dirt builds up very quickly as each car passes making some corners extremely dirty, so braking points and lines are essential, 1 miscalculation sends u flying off into the fields, as Neuville did on friday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7l8UjlfUZw

Anyway, I honestly think that a location like this would be a joy to have a blast with, and the scenery looks ideal for a piece of tech like YourStage.
It would also be a huge pleasure to finally have some narrow tarmac stages, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Spanish tarmac in D4 and I loved the German roads in DR. But whenever tarmac stages make it into a rally game, they're always wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sqdstr said:
Just back from Ypres. Not sure if I've mentioned before, but what a perfect addition that would be for D4, the characteristics would fit Your Stage perfectly.......

(although more tiles for existing locations would be great)

OK, normal service resumed.
As a local resident I can only encourage this, and yes u can call me biased as much as u want.
These are very narrow, tight and technical farm roads. But they are also incredibly fast, average speeds above 110-115km/h on most stages.
Then there are the ditches right next to the roads, which are sometimes very deep and thus make these stages even more challenging than they already are. Corner cutting is extreme here, the cars cut the corners sometimes as deep as the ditch besides it. (Below Kris Meeke when demonstrating the 208 R5 for the first time in Ypres 2013)


Dirt builds up very quickly as each car passes making some corners extremely dirty, so braking points and lines are essential, 1 miscalculation sends u flying off into the fields, as Neuville did on friday.


Anyway, I honestly think that a location like this would be a joy to have a blast with, and the scenery looks ideal for a piece of tech like YourStage.
It would also be a huge pleasure to finally have some narrow tarmac stages, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Spanish tarmac in D4 and I loved the German roads in DR. But whenever tarmac stages make it into a rally game, they're always wide.
Completely agree, very similar road characteristics to our roads here and in Czech Republic. They're literally created for special stages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I agree with you guys, Barum and Ypres deserves a spot despite they arent so popular outside the rally fans Niche, but anyone who plays in those rallys Will get in love really quickly.
Easy to drive, extra tough to master.(Ypres) Barum is tough for driving, impossible to master :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well... for me I really don't see what Ypres has over Corsica or Germany(Vineyards) as a location...
Both are full-tarmac with very narrow roads but more elevation change and more variation in scenery than Ypres, no?

Sure, the more, the merrier, but if I had to pick one more tarmac-only event I would opt for Corsica, Germany or Monte any day before Ypres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I agree with you guys, Barum and Ypres deserves a spot despite they arent so popular outside the rally fans Niche, but anyone who plays in those rallys Will get in love really quickly.
Easy to drive, extra tough to master.(Ypres) Barum is tough for driving, impossible to master :D
I would have never considered Croatia for DiRT2 but it was there, and is one of my favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sqdstr said:
Kevin Abbring final stage of Ypres Rally
Stage win and overall rally win Ypres 2017
I've never seen anything from Ypres before. I really enjoyed that video!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sqdstr said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttYyn2Fvz_s

Kevin Abbring final stage of Ypres Rally
Stage win and overall rally win Ypres 2017
Nice!
We need those finish line markers that are not made out of concrete and don't block half of the road ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyRex said:
Well... for me I really don't see what Ypres has over Corsica or Germany(Vineyards) as a location...
Both are full-tarmac with very narrow roads but more elevation change and more variation in scenery than Ypres, no?

Sure, the more, the merrier, but if I had to pick one more tarmac-only event I would opt for Corsica, Germany or Monte any day before Ypres.
I rather prefer fast stages than tricky mountain roads, in Ypres i have that, I don't give a sh.it to the scenery if I have some Hidden bumps that want to bounce my car anywhere but outside the road at 180km/h and it Will be much easier to implement in Your Stage in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Narzugon said:
sqdstr said:
Kevin Abbring final stage of Ypres Rally
Stage win and overall rally win Ypres 2017
I've never seen anything from Ypres before. I really enjoyed that video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnJygyjtfy8

Vincent Verschueren on SS Kemmelberg in Ypres 2016
one of the most iconic stages of Ypres rally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
narrowoness brings speed and danger to life.everyone wants realistic but no one seems to do it in games. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UFO Confirmed!                                                              


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
UFO Confirmed!                                                              


Isnt that a Drone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
UFO Confirmed!                                                              


Isnt that a Drone?
I don't think so, drones are closer and have different light. They don't fly so fast too either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
UFO Confirmed!                                                              


Did you try driving down a side road immediately after seeing that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dz3xlJpucs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
UFO Confirmed!                                                              


But you still haven't found the pizza ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
urgaffel said:
versedi said:
UFO Confirmed!                                                              


But you still haven't found the pizza ;)
I've invested in Codemasters perks to PR agent but no luck yet, I suspect it requires Grade A + Perk ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
versedi said:
urgaffel said:
versedi said:
UFO Confirmed!                                                              


But you still haven't found the pizza ;)
I've invested in Codemasters perks to PR agent but no luck yet, I suspect it requires Grade A + Perk ;)
Nope, you just need to be in the right place, be observant and be a bit lucky (it only shows up every so often, much like the UFO)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×