DiRTy Gossip

Didzis said:
Wanted to make one too :D but I tried staying closer to the original. Would also be cool to see new cars in the old game, like with all the crappy graphics you'd expect from a 15+ year old game but current year models :D

I'm pretty sure they exist, I have seen some fiesta R5 video un cmr 2.0

Anyone have a good estimate on when to expect some news regarding where things are going with Dirt 4? Like when the next road book is likely to turn up?

Didzis said:
I know that and CMR2 actually had a lighter greenish-grey background.
That was for the PC version. The very first version (and best IMO) is the PAL version of the game for PSX, which had that dark blue. All the other versions came after it and just make it look more like someone puked at the colour palette more and more xD

For quick reference:
- PSX PAL - blue
- PSX NTSC - purple
- PC - green

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/22/e3-2017-wrc-7-preview-arcadey-realism-ps4/

sqdstr said:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/22/e3-2017-wrc-7-preview-arcadey-realism-ps4/
Interesting quote from that article:
One of the developers was telling me that recreating rally cars on an exact scale in-game made them fell too arcadey, so they actually pulled back on some things, like increasing braking distance and adjusting how they turn.

sqdstr said:
Quote from the article:
The benefit of rally cars in real life is that they already drive in a very arcadey manner in real life, so translating them into a game, even ultra realistically, makes for the arcadiest driving sim that you can imagine.

What the hell does that even mean? XD Btw nice to hear there will be a nearly 20 min long stage in every rally location

AnegloPlz said:
sqdstr said:
Quote from the article:
The benefit of rally cars in real life is that they already drive in a very arcadey manner in real life, so translating them into a game, even ultra realistically, makes for the arcadiest driving sim that you can imagine.

What the hell does that even mean? XD Btw nice to hear there will be a nearly 20 min long stage in every rally location
So that's why Sebastian Ogier was shouting POPCORN! ARCADE! After he finished rally Poland!

AnegloPlz said:
sqdstr said:
Quote from the article:

So that's why Sebastian Ogier was shouting POPCORN! ARCADE! After he finished rally Poland!
I was genuinely confused by that article. Then I read this:

I was told that there had been a big change in the vehicles between the seasons

Unfortunately the reviewer isn't a rally guy and he probably doesn't have a very clear image of what rally driving looks like apart from Mr. Ken Block. (No pun intended, if I was to review FIFA I'd be like: ok there are 22 chaps running behind a spherical object on a square part of grass. That's it.)
Other reviews made by people who know WRC and played DiRT Rally say it's surely a good step forward in the franchise but it is nowhere near as sim as DiRT Rally.

if I was to review FIFA I'd be like: ok there are 22 chaps running behind a spherical object on a square part of grass. That's it.)

That made me chuckle so much :D 

versedi said:

if I was to review FIFA I'd be like: ok there are 22 chaps running behind a spherical object on a square part of grass. That's it.)

To me, that's pretty bang-on :)

versedi said:

I didn't even know soccer had 22 players. The only thing I know about it is people faking injuries, except that one dude who got his leg slashed from someones kleets.

Pretty sure they mean that modern rally cars are so incredibly responsive & grippy in every aspect on any terrain that it doesn't feel realistic anymore when you are behind the wheel, especially when it's in a game.

realistic cars and stages go hand in hand. When u are driving on a road wide enough only for your car, its suddenly not so arcade anymore.

carpa said:
No pun intended, if I was to review FIFA I'd be like: ok there are 22 chaps running behind a spherical object on a square part of grass. That's it.

This is why I am looking forward to Behold the Kickmen.

CMMcBabe said:
carpa said:
No pun intended, if I was to review FIFA I'd be like: ok there are 22 chaps running behind a spherical object on a square part of grass. That's it.

This is why I am looking forward to Behold the Kickmen.
That looks quiet cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J07q0MMHU8

its almost one month since realese, the game is great, but i wonder if we do get this friday Road book, maybe with DLC information :)?

its almost one month since realese, the game is great, but i wonder if we do get this friday Road book, maybe with DLC information :)?
I wouldn't want any DLC's myself, I'd much prefer to see fixes to existing problems first.

chukonu said:
Pretty sure they mean that modern rally cars are so incredibly responsive & grippy in every aspect on any terrain that it doesn't feel realistic anymore when you are behind the wheel, especially when it's in a game.
The developer who said that actual rally Cars are easy to drive, it needs to be hanged.
The Cars can have good balance, but they are really though to drive them, if you play with R3T in WRC6 you Say, my goodness poor the guy who uses this rally car in real life, it is super boring, slow, and easy to drive, and go yo YouTube and see Any onboard of a fast driver in an R3T, same goes with R4's in DiRT4, but codies can fix it because they are capable, but Kylotton can't make good physics Even if they are for a Scalextric LOL

My brother was speaking to one of his friends a few weeks back who recently got a fiesta R5, and he literally said that it was so easy to drive because it was so grippy and responsive. The challenge with them is driving them fast and getting every second out of them

My brother was speaking to one of his friends a few weeks back who recently got a fiesta R5, and he literally said that it was so easy to drive because it was so grippy and responsive. The challenge with them is driving them fast and getting every second out of them
Is this friend of your brother looking for more friends? I'm volunteering as tribute.

Yeah, the R5's feel a bit underpowered with the amount of grip they actually have. Still blazingly fast out on the stages obviously.

I wouldn't want any DLC's myself, I'd much prefer to see fixes to existing problems first.

To a degree, I'm happy to accept that one funds the other. Assetto Corsa has worked this way for ages and the amount of development that's gone into it since launch is incredible, but the years of patches and upgrades are a result of producing DLC that people want.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are reluctant to divulge any future plans whilst there is such a mixed reaction to the game, but that's a scenario many studios have to cope with these days. To be honest, I'd like to see a proper DLC plan so I can be assuaged about continuing support; it's not like it's the same people work on content as the game development.