Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

You guys arent reading into this enough, what does norway have? FJORDS! What other country has Fjords? New Zealand! Rally NZ Fjord Stages confirmed

Etirion said:
You guys arent reading into this enough, what does norway have? FJORDS! What other country has Fjords? New Zealand! Rally NZ Fjord Stages confirmed
In Norway, arrives even the Gulf stream, but that doesn't mean we are going to have Mexican Location for the next patch  :D

If my wild speculations are true. I do hope they're looking at Rally Hedemarken. It's essentially Rally Finland's Norwegian cousin. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9DU07JpAVc&t=210s

The stage Rokosjøen is often called "little ouninpohja" And it would circumvent the "No WRC stages" issue quite nicely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiFcJVJ1Q_Y

It's even held in the fall months which means they could reuse Finland assets from DiRT Rally
I would seriously use the first video as a backdrop for a party. No joke. Invite some friends over and just have some food and rally cars flying over jumps! Doesn't get better then that.

Let’s do the thing this thread is known for. Wild speculations on vague, possibly unrelated tweets! 
Apparently Paul Coleman has gone to Norway. Could this mean anything? Maybe they’re on a research trip to map out a new rally location in the future?
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/920543736916045824
What the hell is this?

Oh, wait. I think it's gossip, in the gossip thread! Been so long I didn't recognise it!

Forsvarets Flysamling apparently is an aircraft museum in Gardermoen, Norway. The city of Gardermoen hosts the airport of Oslo. Which would be like saying that you have just arrived in Italy and you're in Malpensa near Milan: of course you are, it's where you just landed...

KevM said:
Why bother.  Who would you be competing against?
Who knows. But it would be useful to know. I feel we've* been holding out for more than enough time to figure out what to do with the next season in RDRC. If they just don't get the club thing out for D4, we'll likely do another one in DiRT Rally. If they get it out for D4, we'll have a look at that, and then decide, depending on the number of players. The last thing we would like to do however, is to go for DiRT Rally, just to have the clubs patch come for D4, and somehow getting a bigger number of players there.

* we = RaceDepartment.

Let’s do the thing this thread is known for. Wild speculations on vague, possibly unrelated tweets! 
Apparently Paul Coleman has gone to Norway. Could this mean anything? Maybe they’re on a research trip to map out a new rally location in the future?
IT BEGINS. ;)
Begins? like beginning the research for developing a new game? Norway confirmed in dirt 5
 :D  :D   :D

IT BEGINS. ;)
Begins? like beginning the research for developing a new game? Norway confirmed in dirt 5
 :D  :D   :D
Dirt 5? No, no no... Have you not been paying attention??

It's clearly Dirt Rally 2.0 New Norway Real Estate Kebab in a 22b e2 Edition.

Etirion said:
Hmm, Fjord is often pronounced as just Ford, which means either we are getting more Fords or a wily haired ginger with a towel.

JZStudios said:
Etirion said:
Hmm, Fjord is often pronounced as just Ford, which means either we are getting more Fords or a wily haired ginger with a towel.
I have never heard fjord pronounced as ford. :0

JZStudios said:
Etirion said:
I have never heard fjord pronounced as ford. :0
Because you're.... swedish? Man I honestly can't remember. I mean, yeah, it should be more like Fyord, but that's only a little jump away. More of a hop really.

JZStudios said:
Etirion said:
Hey JZ, did you just pull that straight out of your a$$? ;)

Why would anyone pronounce Fjord as Ford? It's not like it's a tounge twister.

bogani said:
JZStudios said:
Etirion said:

It amazes me how upset this makes people.
This from the same people I've had arguments with about saying words correctly such as Jaguar. Or the people that say Jalepeno wrong. It's an enye with the ~ over the n.. it's not pronounced halapeenyo.
But sure, I say people say Fjord like Ford and everyone loses their minds!
I'm not the crazy one here alright!
You are!
And for the love of GOD! It is not Jag you are!

No, most people say fee-yord.

Never have I heard ANYONE in any language pronounce it that way.

It's spelled Jag-U-ar

I've never near Fjord pronounced any different than fe-yord

I'm learning the Mexican derivative of Spanish and everyone says Halapeenyo - how is it supposed to be?

Right, I'm Norwegian. It's pronounced FJORD - or FYORD if that makes a difference. Now back to DiRT gossip! :)

I still have suspicions Codemasters might double-down on the rallycross mode, and make a full-on WRX (DiRT Rallycross? WRX official game). Perhaps there's some rescanning of Hell to be done?

is there any point though ? look at other racing games at moment they gone to town on rally cross. what made people focus on Codemasters in recent times ? Dirt Rally. so focus on getting Dirt Rally 2.0 made and make it right. a sole rallycross game will flop hard.its more niche than just normal rally. its a cherry on a rally cake.not the whole cake.

on Jaguar no one ever calls there car a Jaguar in england they just say " Jag "

JZStudios said:
bogani said:
JZStudios said:
Etirion said:

It amazes me how upset this makes people.
This from the same people I've had arguments with about saying words correctly such as Jaguar. Or the people that say Jalepeno wrong. It's an enye with the ~ over the n.. it's not pronounced halapeenyo.
But sure, I say people say Fjord like Ford and everyone loses their minds!
I'm not the crazy one here alright!
You are!
And for the love of GOD! It is not Jag you are!
You seem to be the one that is silently upset about people saying things wrong.

Let it out, don't let it build up inside you ;)

Myrvold said:
KevM said:
Why bother.  Who would you be competing against?
Who knows. But it would be useful to know. I feel we've* been holding out for more than enough time to figure out what to do with the next season in RDRC. If they just don't get the club thing out for D4, we'll likely do another one in DiRT Rally. If they get it out for D4, we'll have a look at that, and then decide, depending on the number of players. The last thing we would like to do however, is to go for DiRT Rally, just to have the clubs patch come for D4, and somehow getting a bigger number of players there.

* we = RaceDepartment.
One important thing in that decision is if d4 gets VR. And I don't even have that. But simply these days a race/rally game has to have VR.