DiRTy Gossip

urgaffel said:
I'm now going to say @urgaffel is left handed...?
Thats freaky... the off topic button is more or less in the middle but yes, I am left handed. 
...that makes you a devil child just like my brother...

As the Dirty Gossip Thread is off-topic I Will help to carry on the off-topic page streak (600 pages off-topic LOL) with an OnBoard Camera of my rallying weekend, hope you enjoy it. In case you don't know which car it is, is a Fiesta R1
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=377734012656169&id=365581727204731
Quick stage that one!
Generated with Your Stage, complexity low, length max (17km) LOL

Hello,

Already Bravo for the view Helicopter that remains throughout our race and thank you.
I come to make a return on Dirt4 regarding the replay of our races, especially on the Helicopter view.
To improve the helicopter view:
- it would be necessary to have the possibility of zooming on the car using the analog joystick to have a precise zoom or if possible, do automatic zooms.
- it would be necessary that from time to time the helicopter could go to the side of the road to take side view of the car and not always last the car. (Looks like a parasail attached to the car right now)
- the helicopter sight should also be able to take the car more horizontal to have a more distant landscape. In the game currently it does it slightly when the car gets up, but not enough.
- it would also be necessary to have two helicopters to have different angles of view that would be good.

As I said before, take the example of the game WRC 2001 on PS2, this game has everything needed for replay except of course the playability and graphics of dirt 4, as I repeat in this one, This one has the possibility even for the plans tv camera to keep the view, as for example to keep the sight of the central cockpit or the view of the wheel during the replay.
You should give the players the possibility to keep the view of any view of the game, even that of the tv camera, because for the player it is frustrating not to choose his sight to see his race in the game, Angle that one wants.
In the game WRC2001 on PS2, there is the button that maintains the view and the button that allows to release the view and I can tell you that it is very appreciable.
In the game Dirt4, the slows of the TV view are predefined, the change of camera corresponding to each plot of the course. One can not choose on this part of the course the view TV that one wants in WRC2001 on PS2 one can.

Jaquette of the game WRC2001 on PS2:

https://www.google.fr/search?q=wrc2001+ps2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5sqmvvsTVAhUEI1AKHZBlBlUQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=608#imgrc=h-u1EwMgoaSRfM:

There is also in the game WRC2001 on PS2 a tracking view that follows the car where the camera is the route of the road following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car and not the game camera that sticks car. This view should be added.

Watch video by the minute 3:51 (chase)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncgVrzDTpw
Can you please add these improvements that are for me and for others very important?
Inspire yourself from WRC 2001 on PS2
Waiting for programmer return...

PS:can you please hand in the next dirt 5 infection as in dirt 3 and try the suggestions mentioned above?

thank you.

KevM said:
Myrvold said:
KevM said:
Why bother.  Who would you be competing against?
Who knows. But it would be useful to know. I feel we've* been holding out for more than enough time to figure out what to do with the next season in RDRC. If they just don't get the club thing out for D4, we'll likely do another one in DiRT Rally. If they get it out for D4, we'll have a look at that, and then decide, depending on the number of players. The last thing we would like to do however, is to go for DiRT Rally, just to have the clubs patch come for D4, and somehow getting a bigger number of players there.

* we = RaceDepartment.
Implementing cross-platform to the DiRT Rally leagues would be a win to be honest
It would, but at least this is possible to fake by using leagues for all the platforms and combine the results. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

ipascal said:

Hello,

Already Bravo for the view Helicopter that remains throughout our race and thank you.
I come to make a return on Dirt4 regarding the replay of our races, especially on the Helicopter view.
- it would be necessary to have the possibility of zooming on the car using the analog joystick to have a precise zoom or if possible, do automatic zooms.
- it would be necessary that from time to time the helicopter could go to the side of the road to take side view of the car and not always last the car. (Looks like a parasail attached to the car right now)
- the helicopter sight should also be able to take the car more horizontal to have a more distant landscape. In the game currently it does it slightly when the car gets up, but not enough.
- it would also be necessary to have two helicopters to have different angles of view that would be good.

As I said before, take the example of the game WRC 2001 on PS2, this game has everything needed for replay except of course the playability and graphics of dirt 4, as I repeat in this one, This one has the possibility even for the plans tv camera to keep the view, as for example to keep the sight of the central cockpit or the view of the wheel during the replay.
You should give the players the possibility to keep the view of any view of the game, even that of the tv camera, because for the player it is frustrating not to choose his sight to see his race in the game, Angle that one wants.
In the game WRC2001 on PS2, there is the button that maintains the view and the button that allows to release the view and I can tell you that it is very appreciable.
In the game Dirt4, the slows of the TV view are predefined, the change of camera corresponding to each plot of the course. One can not choose on this part of the course the view TV that one wants in WRC2001 on PS2 one can.

https://www.google.fr/search?q=wrc2001+ps2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5sqmvvsTVAhUEI1AKHZBlBlUQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=608#imgrc=h-u1EwMgoaSRfM:

There is also in the game WRC2001 on PS2 a tracking view that follows the car where the camera is the route of the road following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car and not the game camera that sticks car. This view should be added.

Can you please add these improvements that are for me and for others very important?

PS:can you please hand in the next dirt 5 infection as in dirt 3 and try the suggestions mentioned above?

thank you.

Really? Again?

I'm talking about real improvement that can make the difference compared to other rally games, notament the modification of the helicopter and other views too. But also a game mode that has disappeared.so if it's to make games more beautiful and less attractive for the pubic, it's useless to work devellopers.
the fact of keeping the good ideas of the preceding games implies to keep a good public who likes this but also the good sale of the game from a business point of view compared to the other.this is essential, after the production does what it wants, but I signal for the next dirt 5, thank you....

I'm not sure when they stopped using the Virtual Spectator for WRC, but this is how it looked 2009. It pretty impressive how they mapped each stage for this feature with sattelite and GPS.

https://youtu.be/kj_U5jmHvlM

I guess the payed feature itself never really took off, but you could compare up to 7 cars at once on each stage of the WRC, getting telemetry data, comparing where they lost/gained time etc.

Let's just play with the thought CM had the WRC license and had access to all this data. They could create real stages without the need to research the actual stages by being out there.

for replays often the best cam footage of the whole car comes from 3d back but i dont get why no one does 3rd person cam off the front ?

So,

I asked Paul if his visit at Petter Solberg's was gossip worthy and got the short answer "Yes".

So, the next game will be aimed at the fans that enjoyed Dirt Rally, but will be named Petter Solberg Rally or Petter Solberg Motorsport.
It will be built on a completely new engine and an will much like Assetto Corsa be an ongoing project, adding locations, stages and cars along the way for a substantial period of time.

Doesn't this sound sweet?  :D

bogani said:
So,

I asked Paul if his visit at Petter Solberg's was gossip worthy and got the short answer "Yes".

So, the next game will be aimed at the fans that enjoyed Dirt Rally, but will be named Petter Solberg Rally or Petter Solberg Motorsport.
It will be built on a completely new engine and an will much like Assetto Corsa be an ongoing project, adding locations, stages and cars along the way for a substantial period of time.

Thats reading into it a bit far... just how i like it!

While we're on the topic which rallies would be included in a hypothetical "Petter Solberg Rally"?

Wales would be a no-brainer, but what about the rest? I'm thinking of rallies that could be relevant to Solberg's career. 

bogani said:
Source? If they gonna move to a new Engine, it's the right time to make sure that the Engine supports Modding.

Alf72 said:
bogani said:
Source? If they gonna move to a new Engine, it's the right time to make sure that the Engine supports Modding.
Eyyyy, we need no sources. This is the gossip thread ;)

Oh how I wish it were so!

Might "just" be the full-on WRX licensed game. That'd have a lot of Petter in it.

ipascal said:

Hello,

thank you.

https://youtu.be/dv13gl0a-FA

Oh wait, no on-throttle oversteer...

bogani said:
So,

Solberg RX

bogani said:
So,

Nah, you got it wrong, it will be:

Oliver Solberg, "Wanna race like Daddy"
 rally school of hard knocks

(this is no stab at Petter/s son, I just wanted it to sound funny)

Last week end was rally legend, with a special tribute to Colin on sunday by a bunch of legendary drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy35EQOhCuU
Had a tear in my eyes seeing all the Mcrae's car going toward the scottish flag (end of the video).