DiRTy Gossip

Vaguely DiRTy Gossip but, for anyone who can get hold of it (and this is probably limited to UK folks only), I'd highly recommend you check out issue #173 of Octane magazine:

I'm probably biased because of the car involved, but there is an excellent feature on Pat Doran's rallycross RS200. This car is the basis of the rallycross RS200 in DiRT 4 (though I guess CM were using DiRT 2 era pictures for the car as it appears in D4) and there is a write up on how it is to drive. 

I don't normally read it, but a mate of mine had a copy of the magazine in the middle of a stack of paper and I happened to notice that it said "Rallycross RS200" on the spine!

Dirt series is officially dead until next announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsyAWu7B5Cs

Looks like the Evolution Studios team seem to have redone Motorstorm (sort of). Be interesting to see this go head-to-head with Milestone's GRAVEL.

Looks like the Evolution Studios team seem to have redone Motorstorm (sort of). Be interesting to see this go head-to-head with Milestone's GRAVEL.
Yeah it’s from former evolution studios

@Fedemaisonnave, absolutely brilliant! Took the words right out of my mouth! A picture (or gif) is indeed worth a thousand words.

I honestly don't see GRAVEL being all that successful, not sure why CM is bothering competing with it. I don't know, maybe it's a bigger market than I'm aware of, but I personally don't see it.

Can ANYONE on the Dirt team say SOMETHING about Dirt 4 besides the usual Twitter marketing stuff? My faith in this company has gone from 100 to 0 over the course of this year and it's really disappointing when something brilliant like Dirt Rally turns out to be a flash in the pan because the community gets ignored.

Underkex said:
Dirt series is officially dead until next announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsyAWu7B5Cs

...So the Evo guys just made another Motorstorm?
...Meh.

BadD0g said:
I honestly don't see GRAVEL being all that successful, not sure why CM is bothering competing with it. I don't know, maybe it's a bigger market than I'm aware of, but I personally don't see it.

Can ANYONE on the Dirt team say SOMETHING about Dirt 4 besides the usual Twitter marketing stuff? My faith in this company has gone from 100 to 0 over the course of this year and it's really disappointing when something brilliant like Dirt Rally turns out to be a flash in the pan because the community gets ignored.
CM bought Evo Studios and they were confirmed on a new IP well before GRAVEL was announced. I think it just happened to coincide. All CM has to do to compete with those guys is... literally nothing...
Still, I was hoping they would be making something.... better? More original? Nothing about that trailer made me excited to play it.

From what the OnRush announcement video looks like, when it launches in Summer 2018 it might be a strong competitor - against games from 10+ years ago.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  we have to take the backseat for this arcade title? nothing exciting and its been done many times over.Shame .that Dirt 4 is fading ......................

i don't get what you on about. Codemasters is a big studio. they make various games they have done since 1986 ! while Dirt 4 isnt the fans favorite they make other games so don't be surprised to see other titles come out.

im on about the lack of support for last 4 months ,thats all. CM maybe is too big,as back in the days of Big Lee we would have had some answers.Would love to play more of Dirt 4 with some fixes

dgeesi0 said:
i don't get what you on about. Codemasters is a big studio. they make various games they have done since 1986 ! while Dirt 4 isnt the fans favorite they make other games so don't be surprised to see other titles come out.
I agree, but allow me to puntualize a  fact: when F1 2017 has been released, all DiRT4 staff was involved and removed from the update team. In fact, F1 2017 is still patched, DiRT 4 not at all.
Well, i know Codemasters is a big company, but i fear that the DiRT 4 devs are working on something arcade-ish like On Rush...

so sad that we lost support,if nothing else mental lol.........................i hopped in the Gc Impreza last night in Michigan,only to get the feeling of how this game would be perfect with a few tweaks and extra content support.

I don't get it. Onrush is motorstorm, Gravel is a copycat of Sega Rally / Dirt 2 flavour. I don't think these are the kind of arcades people want to play now. Maybe a proper and modern, with super graphics, Sega Rally, maybe a Driveclub 2, but these games with 0 personality? I hope to be terrible wrong but these games will be ignored by the big audience.

If I had to guess I’d say that the guys that would otherwise have been working on the Dirt 4 patches and updates were called upon to work on the patches for F1 2017, given that it’s a licenced series I can imagine that they wanted throw as many resources at it as they could. 
(Not that I agree with that as id have loved for Dirt 4 to have received a lot more love and support by the developers)

I do believe that Onrush is being developed solely by the Evolution Studios team to be a fun arcade game, which I absolutely expect it will be. 

Dont get me wrong, I was hoping for them to have been working on resurrecting the Toca/Grid series. But with all the recent racing games such as GT Sport, Project Cars 2 and Forza 7, perhaps CM decided it would be better to try something a little different rather than try and compete for the time being. 

Operator1 said:

From what the OnRush announcement video looks like, when it launches in Summer 2018 it might be a strong competitor - against games from 10+ years ago.

--
Funny you should say that. I was trying to figure out why Dirt 4 has not done so well. For example Dirt 3 and Dirt 2 sold a lot. It seems to me the casual userbase which made up most of the sales of games like Dirt 3 have moved on. FH3 is a prime example of a game they have moved onto. Openworld. Now personally I don't like openworld, but I'm in the minority. For onrush I think this game will only be successful if they add in something new like PSVR.

For people who want the classic rally style games of the past the future is IMO bleak. There just aren't enough people interested in these games to make them worthwhile. That's why for me the future is not in new games like Dirt Rally 2, but in continuous DLC updates, which allow CM to extend the content at minimal cost.

POINT is ,we already had Motorstorm, The Crew, Wreckfast (pretty good0 etc and all arcade racers in the past........... who the heck is still buying this shit 

I would have preferred F1 Racestars 2017 instead of OnShit if you Will make an arcade game, make fun for everyone not for morons who doesnt know brakes exists.
(Talking about arcade games, what I want is DiRT Extreme with Modding, sublime physics, real stages, your stages refined and WRC, ERC licences :p )

21 messages on Gossip Thread
They're about the new ARCADE POPCORN from the ex Evo Studios

Guys, just in case you all have forgotten it, Codemasters have more than one team to work for all their IPs. Just because they're launching a new arcade racer it doesn't mean the DiRT serie is dead...

I would have preferred F1 Racestars 2017 instead of OnShit if you Will make an arcade game, make fun for everyone not for morons who doesnt know brakes exists.
(Talking about arcade games, what I want is DiRT Extreme with Modding, sublime physics, real stages, your stages refined and WRC, ERC licences :p )
Not everything that comes out has to be tailored for what you want it to be, if you dont like onrush (i dont like it either) you're simply not the audience for it.

I'd like to see some dirt 4 updates still but my hope for that has slowly gone over the months.

^ agree but sure looks like it the last 4 months,...................i gave them 4 of my purchases ,bith Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 on consoles and pc.Would be nice to have forum support back ,thats all .You cant be that busy,to not be able to let a 10 second typed up line go a day.No way