DiRTy Gossip

BWX said:
test

Don't say anything too negative about Dirt rally in the Feedback thread or they ban you from commenting.
I haven't seen anyone get banned?

BWX said:
test

Don't say anything too negative about Dirt rally in the Feedback thread or they ban you from commenting.
I can no longer post in the thread.

BWX said:
BWX said:
test

What did you say? 

BWX said:
BWX said:
test

If you did get a ban they will normally ban you from the entire forum not just one thread and besides it doesn't say your in jail.

Can anyone answer me as to why so many people want laser scanned tracks? I don't see why it would be necessary with the detail in the stages all ready

Can anyone answer me as to why so many people want laser scanned tracks? I don't see why it would be necessary with the detail in the stages all ready
Sounds to me that these people have never been to a rally, or maybe don't understand what a rally really is.  Laser scanning a rally stage is like laser scanning the ocean.  The roads change constantly, rain can completely change the road with run off and mud.  Roads can degrade with each car passing through.  Its never really the same road each pass/event.  So scanning a dirt/gravel road is pointless.

Then again we do have tarmac roads. But personally I am fine with as close we can get without it. Rather have other cool stuff.

Synck said:
Then again we do have tarmac roads. But personally I am fine with as close we can get without it. Rather have other cool stuff.
Tarmac isn't dirt or mud and won't wash away when it rains heavily.

Synck said:
Tarmac isn't dirt or mud and won't wash away when it rains heavily.

Is it realistic to ask Codemasters to laser scan hundreds of Km's of PUBLIC roads though? Even if they could close them off they have zero experience I doing it...

Synck said:
BWX said:
BWX said:
test

What did you say? 
We've not banned anyone, if you were you couldn't post here either.

So... been looking for hints or something in the particle systems, which probably only contain particles for tracks already downloaded within the game, and will likely be updated as locations are added, but even so I've been trying to find some source for speculation.

As far as country names go, the only thing I found was that some light gravel particles had the name Greece in their textures, but...

I also found particles titled SAND, and their textures were called K_Sand (or something like that) - the same name as the Kenya sand textures from DiRT3 - which means...

SAFARI RALLY WILL BE COMING TO dIrt rALLY!!!

That, or there's sand in some stages, or Hillclimbs, or 'off-road' Rallycross section...

Hopefully the first guess is right.

789ifyz said:
So... been looking for hints or something in the particle systems, which probably only contain particles for tracks already downloaded within the game, and will likely be updated as locations are added, but even so I've been trying to find some source for speculation.

As far as country names go, the only thing I found was that some light gravel particles had the name Greece in their textures, but...

I also found particles titled SAND, and their textures were called K_Sand (or something like that) - the same name as the Kenya sand textures from DiRT3 - which means...

That, or there's sand in some stages, or Hillclimbs, or 'off-road' Rallycross section...

Sorry man, we've no secrets anymore... well... maybe a few, but you'll find everything on we're planning so far on the timeline shown on http://dirtgame.com

Yeah, I mentioned that before, you can quite easily work out one of the locations and guess the other. I all ready know, so me telling would be cheating!

Yeah, I mentioned that before, you can quite easily work out one of the locations and guess the other. I all ready know, so me telling would be cheating!
Finland and Germany? ;)

789ifyz said:

Sorry man, we've no secrets anymore... well... maybe a few, but you'll find everything on we're planning so far on the timeline shown on http://dirtgame.com
Are you sure that's EVERYTHING? :wink: 

(please give us safari...)

Azoresst said:
Finland and Germany? ;)
And hopefully Sweden for the winter wonderland :)

Azoresst said:
Finland and Germany? ;)
Yep, you got it! Just waiting on the rallycross now!

Azoresst said:
Finland and Germany? ;)
I was 99.9% certain from the start that  that would be the case.

I was kinda hoping that Norway would be the winter wonderland. But hey, at least we'll hopefully get Colin's crest

Yeah I hope we get Colin's crest, would be awesome. I'm really looking forward to Finland, and Germany was looking really good too

Great, that is something hopeful to hear. The game is already fantastic that is gradually gaining much fidelity and it still will be keeping up with its standout when it is releasing new astonishing contents through the next months. ^^

Yeah I hope we get Colin's crest, would be awesome. I'm really looking forward to Finland, and Germany was looking really good too
I think finland will be my favorite too, and what do you mean by germany's looking good? have you seen it? is there any footage or pictures anywhere?

Yes Germany looked great back in February, and it wasn't even finished then. 

Got to say, I dislike how busy and cluttered this forum is now. I almost miss the gentle quiet it had pre DR.