DiRTy Gossip

teknoid85 said:
Well, something is going on, Codies updated the 'qatestbranch' 7 hours ago. Hopefully we are getting closer to an update.
hello

what is the qatestbranch????
Quality Assurance branch, of D4? That's my guess...

@Julo264 the Dakar video is not working.
Yeah I saw. The announcement have been also taken down from fb. Don't know I why. But I saw the video and the announcement I swear.

About the Dakar game, this is really interesting, because a Portuguese studio announced today that they're developing an official licensed Dakar game releasing next year and published by Deep Silver.

https://www.facebook.com/dakarthegame/

Julo264 said:
Off topic, but interesting:
Polish game studio - Techland have just announced the official DAKAR game. It will contain full license including cars and drivers, and big open world map. Trailer is below
https://youtu.be/50GhBe6NL8M
Isn't Techland the guys that originally made Dead Island? Moving to a Dakar game is super weird.

JZStudios said:
Julo264 said:
Polish game studio - Techland have just announced the official DAKAR game. It will contain full license including cars and drivers, and big open world map. Trailer is below
Isn't Techland the guys that originally made Dead Island? Moving to a Dakar game is super weird.
They also made Xpand Rally, so it's not completely out of nowhere.

BadD0g said:
JZStudios said:
Julo264 said:
They also made Xpand Rally, so it's not completely out of nowhere.
Huh. I also thought they ran into some issues and nearly shut down after Dead Island.... Don't even remember if they were actually part of the second one or not.
Then again, I could just be completely crazy.

My turn for an off topic moment ;). I just finished watching the Season 5 finally of Launch Control and let me tell you, it is amazing! The editing and way they make you feel watching a rally video is crazy. Such an awesome group of people. I love Subaru, they are the best team. I highly recommend the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPvltEN0S0M&index=73&list=PL1MTbRON4T882S-XEFu3StytlAFShrF2M

Techland also made Dying Light which was pretty good. But the Xpand Rally games never were that great. Fake cars, bad physics. But we’ll see, been a long time since those games so who knows.

Edit, Facebook page implies that there will be multiple games, maybe anuall looking at the 18 icon in the logo?
Welcome to the Official Facebook Page of the DAKAR video game series - Dream, Dare, Live it. Coming for PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC/Steam. Like the page now to keep up to speed with the latest news and info.

As the official game of the Dakar Rally, Dakar 18 lets you play as the best drivers, riders, and teams from the 40th edition in 2018. Dakar 2018 Paraguay, Bolivia, Argentina. Experience the ultimate adventure.

Some more details from the livestream they had:

Dakar 18 | PS4, XONE, PC | 2018
Bigmoon Entertainment - Deep Silver

Dream, Dare, Live It.

As the official game of the Dakar Rally, Dakar 18 lets you play as the best drivers, riders, and teams from the 40th edition in 2018.

Dakar 2018 Paraguay, Bolivia, Argentina. Experience the ultimate adventure.

- more thant 15.000km² open world (Fuel was 14,400 km²)
- You can exit the car and explore the world
- You have to fix damage to vehicle by controlling the character
- Official Dakar teams from categories (cars, trucks, bikes etc)
- “Realistic simulation physics”
- Navigation system similar like in real Dakar
- Day/Night & weather system

I feel a lot more hyped than I should be so early on. :D

So, we have 2 different Studios saying they are working on a Dakar game?  Dakar License was sold to 2 studios or what? I'm confused...
The Portuguese Studio working on Dakar is Bigmoon Entertainment. They did a Live Stream from Lisbon Games Week, announcing the new game (sound from Stream is pretty bad, be warned)
https://www.facebook.com/bigmoonstudios/videos/1798870776851547/

Isn't the Dakar rally like.... REALLY bland open space? I've never watched other than pictures like their ad there, or going through Saharan sand dunes. Sounds like it could have some neat features, but I'm not 100% on either of these companies.
It might just turn out like Fuel....

Alf72 said:
So, we have 2 different Studios saying they are working on a Dakar game?  Dakar License was sold to 2 studios or what? I'm confused...
The Portuguese Studio working on Dakar is Bigmoon Entertainment. They did a Live Stream from Lisbon Games Week, announcing the new game (sound from Stream is pretty bad, be warned)
https://www.facebook.com/bigmoonstudios/videos/1798870776851547/
I have a feeling that Bigmoon is probably working with Techland, hence the latter pulling their vid yesterday. Bigmoon did 3D modeling in a few WRC games, so they might be taking care of car models and environment while Techland is doing the game development.

WOW thats looks great and licensed vehicles.How can they secure a Toyota license ,assuming a small studio? 
I dont get the whole licensing rivalry these days...................bunch of politics in entertainment industry.

sucks that we had Celica in CM games before and then they cant afford the license in later games i guess.
A GrB Celica would be amazing in a sim.

That DAKAR 18 game looks interesting...

[Looks at the wallet]

Damn.
Where on Earth were all these promising games some years ago?

JZStudios said:
Isn't the Dakar rally like.... REALLY bland open space? I've never watched other than pictures like their ad there, or going through Saharan sand dunes. Sounds like it could have some neat features, but I'm not 100% on either of these companies.
Yep, some parts of the environment in which they race are large open fields with bushes and sand which could seem quite repetitive. Thing is, this is a fundamental part of the DAKAR because it means you can get lost. And if the map is big enough imagine how Kris Meeke'd you could get :D

carpa said:

[Looks at the wallet]

Damn.

JZStudios said:
Yep, some parts of the environment in which they race are large open fields with bushes and sand which could seem quite repetitive. Thing is, this is a fundamental part of the DAKAR because it means you can get lost. And if the map is big enough imagine how Kris Meeke'd you could get :D
That was a good one! :D

sucks that we had Celica in CM games before and then they cant afford the license in later games i guess.
A GrB Celica would be amazing in a sim.
I love the Celica. It has cool rally history. This is one of my favorite years for Toyota in Rally.

carpa said:

[Looks at the wallet]

Damn.

JZStudios said:
The only 2 big glaring issues with that is... 1. The real event I'm fairly certain uses full GPS navigation and an entire crew, and 2, this is a video game, meaning even as large as the map is... you shouldn't get that lost and it'll definitely have a map. But hey, here's hoping they require you to drive for 8 hours straight between saves.

So in lieu of any... anything... about DiRT or CM....
I've been playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided which has a super nifty bug where if you have too much inventory (don't know what the limit is) entering/exiting a firing range will crash to desktop, the solution being to dump all your inventory on the ground.
So, I thought my inventory WAS rather neat and tidy, looking like this....

But apparently that translates into this in reality. Which makes me really question video game inventories on single characters.

Yep, I'll just shove that in my pockets, it'll be fine.

Edit* apparently that's 197 items I had shoved in my robo pockets somewheres, with 20 of those being alcohol. I don't know what it is with that game, but I swear theres like 500 bottles of alcohol around.