DiRTy Gossip

No fix to the out of sync pase notes? Please tell me they forgot
to put it in the list of what they have fixed...

FlattJern said:
No fix to the out of sync pase notes? Please tell me they forgot
to put it in the list of what they have fixed...
I thought the same, if Pacenotes arent fixed is incredible, just 6 months for Clubs patch

Oh my... Setups sharing still the same aberrant thing, no Steam Workshop with this Patch :(

Nice, multiplatform Clubs are cool. Fixes that were needed are there (setups, AI). Still waiting for a reason to reinstall D4 personally though. Eager to read future plans.

Wow. I had never heard of the word Quietened. Must be a British thing. I saw it thought "what the hell is that word? That can't be right." I'm not even sure how you'd say that.

Meh. 52 new comments in DiRTy Gossip Thread, I was hoping that the Clubs patch was a miracle and then I find out 41 of those messages were left before the release of the patch :(

CMMcBabe said:
tbtstt said:
 I wonder if that balances the AI times when you use certain cars? 
Yup!  That is one of the key fixes of that part.
It seems as though it hasn't worked. Just done a quick test on a Spanish stage in BMW E30 and Ford Sierra, same difficulty, time of day (obviously same stage). The top AI when I was driving the BMW did a 1.19 on the stage, but was 30 seconds slower when I was in the Ford.

I'm playing on Xbox by the way and was running 'demanding' difficulty

How multiplatform is multiplatform? I've read many times that Sony won't allow Xbox users to play with them online?
The clubs is the same as leagues in DiRT Rally. You drive on your computer, not against humans, and times are uploaded to the site. It is not directly playing with anyone online, so it should not affect them.

Good to see that we don't need to set up 3 different leagues, and then merge the times together anymore, but there is nothing in this patch that will bring many people back to D4. Probably some to check out the patch, and that's it.

Dirt rally is a great game and one of the best added features was the introduction of VR. Just can't believe this roadbook has still not a single mention of it for dirt4. Thst is just very disappointing...

APR193 said:
CMMcBabe said:
tbtstt said:
 I wonder if that balances the AI times when you use certain cars? 
Yup!  That is one of the key fixes of that part.
It seems as though it hasn't worked. Just done a quick test on a Spanish stage in BMW E30 and Ford Sierra, same difficulty, time of day (obviously same stage). The top AI when I was driving the BMW did a 1.19 on the stage, but was 30 seconds slower when I was in the Ford.

I'm playing on Xbox by the way and was running 'demanding' difficulty
Cheers, I will get someone to look into that.

Has anyone checked if the no save with custom liveries "feature" is still active? They probably can't say it themselves.

Dirt rally is a great game and one of the best added features was the introduction of VR. Just can't believe this roadbook has still not a single mention of it for dirt4. Thst is just very disappointing...
Considering the Graphical processing power required for it to work well on Dirt Rally i'm not too surprised we aren't seeing it on Dirt 4, dynamically generated tracks are much harder to optimize for performance compared to static ones, I've already seen much larger performance variances compared to Dirt Rally so Dirt4 would probably windup with too many dynamically created tracks that are unplayable under VR, Probably runs into further limitations of the game engine too.

Has anyone checked if the no save with custom liveries "feature" is still active? They probably can't say it themselves.
We didn't mention it in the patch notes but I did a twitter.

How multiplatform is multiplatform? I've read many times that Sony won't allow Xbox users to play with them online?
It's very multiplatform. 

Xbox One / PS4 / Steam all play together. 

:) 

KickUp said:
We didn't mention it in the patch notes but I did a twitter.
welp i guess its time to go back to work

Tried to play Pro Tour, 1/8... 2/8.................1/8.................................2/8.

Whatever, great multiplatform stuff, now it would be nice getting someone to play the game adding new content and things like that.

Hatward said:
It's very multiplatform. 

Isn't that a first then? You should definitely be letting the game sites know :wink:

Hatward said:
It's very multiplatform. 

Isn't that a first then? You should definitely be letting the game sites know :wink:
Just mentioning it again. It is not "play together" as in jumping in an actual RX race together, one on PC, one on xBox and one on PS4. It's only the clubs that are cross-platform. So it equals to playing by yourself and uploading times to a webpage (which is what's being done in-game) :)

Nice to see that stuff is happening again.

However, I cannot see any clubs with any active championships in them. I have joined one or two but they do not appear in-game. Anybody with a similar problem?

dotmartin said:
Nice to see that stuff is happening again.

However, I cannot see any clubs with any active championships in them. I have joined one or two but they do not appear in-game. Anybody with a similar problem?
No mine seem to be working fine, maybe they don’t have active championships? Hint: try mine -
https://www.dirt4game.com/clubs/club/30463/michaels-league

although I forgot to put service breaks in this week!