DiRTy Gossip

Great stuff! It worked with yours. Nicely curated stages too. Well, my i20 did make friends with a few trees along the foggy stage. But so far, great good fun. Thanks!

Today PRC shut down entirely, which I find immensely disappointing. Where am I supposed to find actual reports on the poor quality of sim racing games?

JZStudios said:
Today PRC shut down entirely, which I find immensely disappointing. Where am I supposed to find actual reports on the poor quality of sim racing games?
Three possibilities:

1. Shutting shop
2. Software update
3. Ian Bell revoked his contrct

JZStudios said:
His exceptionally well-written gossip will be missed, but the crux of it can be obtained by listening to opinions on particularly moderation-light forums some of which PRC's writer may lurk for fun.
1. Shutting shop
2. Software update
From what he said on his twitter, he just wants to do industry stuff now and being an angry outsider isn't as fun now that he sees what it's like on the inside.

You could probably find better / more accurate game coverage at the bottom of your nearest garbage can.

enamel said:
You could probably find better / more accurate game coverage at the bottom of your nearest garbage can.

It's easy to see the superficial good things in games with all the eye candy & feature lists & promotional materials. Personally, I like the critical approach better than the sycophantic drivel so common in media reviews, sponsored YouTube videos, and chatter from various games' die-hard supporters. I didn't always agree with everything on that blog (and there were occasions when the author went too far), but I usually found the viewpoints worthy of consideration.

May i ask @KickUp
Its Funny How just one Patch made game so much more fun. and made fresh almost like on first day.
 now we know there is something cooking ( 100%  dlc content). and I know you can not talk about it.  ( just one suggestion, can we have maybe more pattern, even two more would make big difference..) 
now the question.
I know WRX is great part of game,  (it has most higher chance for dlc content) 
I am more for Rally, (we know there will be not Toyota 99% ) so the question, As a big fan is there hope for some other WRC cars from period 1998-2004? 
You dont have to answer Yes or No, just, is there hope :)?
Thanks in advance

JZStudios said:
His exceptionally well-written gossip will be missed, but the crux of it can be obtained by listening to opinions on particularly moderation-light forums some of which PRC's writer may lurk for fun.
1. Shutting shop
2. Software update
From what he said on his twitter, he just wants to do industry stuff now and being an angry outsider isn't as fun now that he sees what it's like on the inside.

It's hard to claim you're an outsider when you're working in the industry. And writing negative reviews about competing products is a really really great way to get really really negative attention and could cause trouble for SMS. I'm not surprised that he got told to shut it down although it seems a bit drastic to take it offline. 

urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
1. Shutting shop
2. Software update

It's hard to claim you're an outsider when you're working in the industry. And writing negative reviews about competing products is a really really great way to get really really negative attention and could cause trouble for SMS. I'm not surprised that he got told to shut it down although it seems a bit drastic to take it offline. 
Hed did do a very negative piece on the iRacing Rallycross just prior to the shut down. Coinsidence?

Otherwise it might just have been a smart move by Mr Ian Bell. Give your biggest critic a job at the office.

bogani said:
urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
1. Shutting shop
2. Software update

Hed did do a very negative piece on the iRacing Rallycross just prior to the shut down. Coinsidence?

Otherwise it might just have been a smart move by Mr Ian Bell. Give your biggest critic a job at the office.
Exactly what @bogani said. Very smart move from Ian Bell, when he did the " deal / agreement / whatever " with PRC. Ian Bell simply zipped the mouth of his, probably, biggest critical voice, with his move. If you can't win them, join to them...
Tbh, i'm not surprised by the shut down of PRC, only a blind person didn't see that this day would arrive.

JZStudios said:
Three possibilities:

1. Shutting shop
2. Software update
According to a tweet he did, he closed it due to "conflicting interests" now that he's a contractor and driver for SMS. Which means he's being paid by them enough to warrant closing his blog as opposed to retiring.
I also agree that some of the stuff he wrote did contain some misinformation or half truths he should've fact checked first, but on the whole it was a good place to see how childish the developers are, how rabid the crazed fans are, and just how little the genre has progressed. I might be tempted to call it regression.
I mean, my FIRST interaction with racing games and a wheel was NFS 3, which for some reason is like it never existed, and GTR on my brothers friends Logitech wheel, then on a gamepad. I bought a new wheel 2 years ago only to find out that games are only slightly better in graphics and that's kind of about it. I mean, I basically got banned from the AC forums for daring to say that Forza looks better. Most are really just poor, buggy, boring, hotlap sims. Austin was the only one to point out that very little has changed in nearly 15 years.

May i ask @KickUp
Its Funny How just one Patch made game so much more fun. and made fresh almost like on first day.
 now we know there is something cooking ( 100%  dlc content). and I know you can not talk about it.  ( just one suggestion, can we have maybe more pattern, even two more would make big difference..) 
now the question.
I am more for Rally, (we know there will be not Toyota 99% ) so the question, As a big fan is there hope for some other WRC cars from period 1998-2004? 
Thanks in advance

I asked about the same about VR support in another topic. Also no answer. Where are the times of dirt rally were codemasters picked up the questions of the community. Why they bother with a dirt4 patch if they are not there (again) for questions?

May i ask @KickUp
now the question.
Thanks in advance

I asked about the same about VR support in another topic. Also no answer. Where are the times of dirt rally were codemasters picked up the questions of the community. Why they bother with a dirt4 patch if they are not there (again) for questions?
No problem, I know if they could answer, they would, because they have some kind NDA agreement  with some partners who are involved in DLC..
but i am sure we will get Info this friday or next Friday (Road Book for Xmas), about what to expect for dlc.. dont worry in my opinion VR is sure shot thing for Dirt4..

Yeah, dlcs with the messed physics, repetitive stages and the co-pilot that i wouldn't trust my life ( just to name a few ), it's REALLY what D4 needs. Bring them on!!

dotmartin said:
Nice to see that stuff is happening again.

However, I cannot see any clubs with any active championships in them. I have joined one or two but they do not appear in-game. Anybody with a similar problem?
No mine seem to be working fine, maybe they don’t have active championships? Hint: try mine -
https://www.dirt4game.com/clubs/club/30463/michaels-league

although I forgot to put service breaks in this week!
Joined yours! Can't wait to try it out.

No mine seem to be working fine, maybe they don’t have active championships? Hint: try mine -

One particular thing I like so much about this league - no service. Does anyone remember "Official 128 rally"? It was pretty amazing back then :)

One particular thing I like so much about this league - no service. Does anyone remember "Official 128 rally"? It was pretty amazing back then :)
That was a mistake! This week has service! Which was lucky after I ballsed up my favourite location and car combo of kit car and Spain! I’ll try and keep mixing things up though, give me a shout with any suggestions, either here, or message me or in the thread in the leagues section!

And remember to not check the championship standings while doing the event, that crashes my game every time and nets me a DNF :-/

Dytut said:
And remember to not check the championship standings while doing the event, that crashes my game every time and nets me a DNF :-/
I learned the hard way. :D ON THE LAST STAGE!

https://twitter.com/Codemasters/status/940626472200540162?s=17

Games Testers Wanted, huh? There might be something going on at the Codies HQs...
Probably also for the DiRT Franchise but I'll never know because I live way too far and I'm way too young. Still something worth some Gossip on I think

I’d love to participate in future DiRT testing, but again, not just a drive away from HQ.  That & the fact that I sold my PC when Lucas was born & Mrs M needed her office back!!  :)

What exactly is required to be a game tester anyways? I know it's not as much fun as you'd think, but I also don't understand the qualifications when it mostly seems like just dicking around trying to find bugs.
Matt from the Best Friends Play started his own personal channel and does a series of "The Bug Report" where he talks about some of the games he playtested and it really just seems like dicking around trying to break the game and writing down what happens.