Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

Recommended Posts


First look at DLC Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross  and Brand Hatch Rallycross Historic. for Project Cars 2

teribble driving, but the game dosent look that bad. 

I have not tried this DLC, but despite the fact that I don't particularly enjoy rallycross, I have had some fun driving some of the rallycross cars on the rallycross tracks in PCARS2.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
First look at DLC Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross  and Brand Hatch Rallycross Historic. for Project Cars 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZIslEQOEnk
teribble driving, but the game dosent look that bad. 
I Hope,according to this tweet,  https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/938451842501144576
this was postet on Dec.6 and they said in couple of weeks...
We should get news on update (DLC) very soon for Dirt 4? Who knows, maybe will be out for/before Christmas..

Oh that tweet probably only refers to e-sports.. Sadly
Oh no, are they going to commit the cardinal sin of forcing esports on a game when the players arent interested? Esports needs to come naturally from a competitive scene. Or else it will just turn into an unpopular mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Operator1 said:

First look at DLC Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross  and Brand Hatch Rallycross Historic. for Project Cars 2

teribble driving, but the game dosent look that bad. 

I have not tried this DLC, but despite the fact that I don't particularly enjoy rallycross, I have had some fun driving some of the rallycross cars on the rallycross tracks in PCARS2.


Yes it does look fun. Again Bad Driving.
Here is First Look at Audi S1 EX on Barcelona RX Track at 14:40


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKbSgbIKQlg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
First look at DLC Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross  and Brand Hatch Rallycross Historic. for Project Cars 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZIslEQOEnk
teribble driving, but the game dosent look that bad. 
I Hope,according to this tweet,  https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/938451842501144576
this was postet on Dec.6 and they said in couple of weeks...
We should get news on update (DLC) very soon for Dirt 4? Who knows, maybe will be out for/before Christmas..

Oh that tweet probably only refers to e-sports.. Sadly
Oh no, are they going to commit the cardinal sin of forcing esports on a game when the players arent interested? Esports needs to come naturally from a competitive scene. Or else it will just turn into an unpopular mess.
car racing / rally games is the next big thing for esports.so it shouldnt come as a surprise really. most car games will push for this now. already some are in place to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wonder if there will be any further communiques from Codemasters before Christmas, or will we have to wait until the new year for more news? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No they did say that they wanted to talk about the games future after the clubs patch. I think we'll get something about this e-sports rumor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
I wonder if there will be any further communiques from Codemasters before Christmas, or will we have to wait until the new year for more news? 
Slight delay on this - will most likely be the NY, unless a miracle happens. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
I wonder if there will be any further communiques from Codemasters before Christmas, or will we have to wait until the new year for more news? 
Slight delay on this - will most likely be the NY, unless a miracle happens. :(
Well it is Christmas... thanks for the update! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
need t ohire some more people me thinks .........................communications take forever and everything is late :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
bogani said:
First look at DLC Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross  and Brand Hatch Rallycross Historic. for Project Cars 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZIslEQOEnk
teribble driving, but the game dosent look that bad. 
I Hope,according to this tweet,  https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/938451842501144576
this was postet on Dec.6 and they said in couple of weeks...
We should get news on update (DLC) very soon for Dirt 4? Who knows, maybe will be out for/before Christmas..

Oh that tweet probably only refers to e-sports.. Sadly
Oh no, are they going to commit the cardinal sin of forcing esports on a game when the players arent interested? Esports needs to come naturally from a competitive scene. Or else it will just turn into an unpopular mess.
car racing / rally games is the next big thing for esports.so it shouldnt come as a surprise really. most car games will push for this now. already some are in place to do so.
I don't care for esports at all, but every racing one that's been setup has been a major shit show and done nothing but drain funds and interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Its a little sad, every better racing game got DLC for Christmas.. 
Assetto Corsa Got DLC for free (7 cars and one track)
Pcars2 got ( 8 cars and 2 tracks)
GTsport got for free (12 cars and 1 track)
just Our Dirt 4 Nothing :( it feels like abandoned child.. its a shame because It has such potential..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Its a little sad, every better racing game got DLC for Christmas.. 
Assetto Corsa Got DLC for free (7 cars and one track)
Pcars2 got ( 8 cars and 2 tracks)
GTsport got for free (12 cars and 1 track)
just Our Dirt 4 Nothing :( it feels like abandoned child.. its a shame because It has such potential..
After the club patch, the game is more enjoyable, even if there are AI issues. They shouldn't let it die

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JZStudios said:
dgeesi0 said:
bogani said:
First look at DLC Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross  and Brand Hatch Rallycross Historic. for Project Cars 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZIslEQOEnk
teribble driving, but the game dosent look that bad. 
I Hope,according to this tweet,  https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/938451842501144576
this was postet on Dec.6 and they said in couple of weeks...
We should get news on update (DLC) very soon for Dirt 4? Who knows, maybe will be out for/before Christmas..

Oh that tweet probably only refers to e-sports.. Sadly
Oh no, are they going to commit the cardinal sin of forcing esports on a game when the players arent interested? Esports needs to come naturally from a competitive scene. Or else it will just turn into an unpopular mess.
car racing / rally games is the next big thing for esports.so it shouldnt come as a surprise really. most car games will push for this now. already some are in place to do so.
I don't care for esports at all, but every racing one that's been setup has been a major **** show and done nothing but drain funds and interest.
you maybe dont but its a big thing for the games involved and the people competing or watching. for eg myself it gives me a reason to push and play the games and do the best i can at them.with possible great rewards. so it makes putting in that extra effort worth doing. the prizes and money being offered now by games is no laughing matter. giving away hundreds of thousands of pounds in money real cars all sorts. also like the F1 event thats just been on which was a big event even if you dont like f1 it brings people to the community .

if codies can get rally eveny for esports the same as what they doing for f1 then it is a big thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No they did say that they wanted to talk about the games future after the clubs patch. I think we'll get something about this e-sports rumor
I currently don't see any point for Esport, especially for racing games. It's too badly documented for the public, meaning less participant, less point of having interest. It ruin the point of having a high rate of public spectators. 

Those are what bring money in... no entertainment, no sportsmanship. I would say goodbye for big prizes. The only who profit the most currently are cult owners who profit of the tiny presence of esport for racing games that failed multiple times.

It's all up to the community for make it possible, but they aren't mature enough to understand that private competition don't bring money. Game competition is about advertising to make the game sells.
 
Look at WRC how it failed big time. :p 

If I were Codemasters, I would make a difficult drift game with authentic handling some very sick map, lot of smoke & build a multiplayer scoring system around it. Use esport as tactic to sell the game. 

Make a drama, include dude bro & end with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merry Christmas, all! We're all about to depart for the year, but just wanted to say a huge thanks for all of your support and feedback this year. It's been a simultaneously brilliant and hard year this year, for reasons that are likely all there in-between the lines. See you back here in 2018 with hopefully some better DiRTy gossip for you all. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
have a happy christmas team.its been a odd year but it can only get better in 2018 :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
JZStudios said:
dgeesi0 said:
bogani said:
First look at DLC Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross  and Brand Hatch Rallycross Historic. for Project Cars 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZIslEQOEnk
teribble driving, but the game dosent look that bad. 
I Hope,according to this tweet,  https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/938451842501144576
this was postet on Dec.6 and they said in couple of weeks...
We should get news on update (DLC) very soon for Dirt 4? Who knows, maybe will be out for/before Christmas..

Oh that tweet probably only refers to e-sports.. Sadly
Oh no, are they going to commit the cardinal sin of forcing esports on a game when the players arent interested? Esports needs to come naturally from a competitive scene. Or else it will just turn into an unpopular mess.
car racing / rally games is the next big thing for esports.so it shouldnt come as a surprise really. most car games will push for this now. already some are in place to do so.
I don't care for esports at all, but every racing one that's been setup has been a major **** show and done nothing but drain funds and interest.
you maybe dont but its a big thing for the games involved and the people competing or watching. for eg myself it gives me a reason to push and play the games and do the best i can at them.with possible great rewards. so it makes putting in that extra effort worth doing. the prizes and money being offered now by games is no laughing matter. giving away hundreds of thousands of pounds in money real cars all sorts. also like the F1 event thats just been on which was a big event even if you dont like f1 it brings people to the community .

if codies can get rally eveny for esports the same as what they doing for f1 then it is a big thing.
That's a nice sentiment n all, bur I agree with PRC's viewpoint. Anyone not already in the sim crowd will see games like iRacing and Assetto Corsa, question why they're using games straight out of 2002, meanwhile the actual participants are capitalizing on poor track boundaries and using techniques that shouldn't work in the real world, as well as having gimmicks and cheats in the main championship to make you go faster to win, then having you're first place rescinded because it was found that you're cheating.
That doesn't even mention the abysmally low interest even from people that ARE in the sim community. Let's also not forget the declining popularity of the real motor racing series, much less watch a bunch of nerds get all heated up and cry over a shitty game they're cheating in. Game competitions have always been a thing, but the whole eSports seems like it's just a window for the goober viewing hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 new tech is coming in and new ideas.if you focus on old and dont change then you wont change.

mclaren for eg are taking esports very serious and putting in big money.other companies are aswell.as it grows the games will change and cater for esports aswell. the tech is there to make sim racing as life like as possible.the whole package needs to come together.it is slowly.

its already proven the top end sim racers can actually make good real life racers. one of the reasons mclaren is getting involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have to say this about esports.  I agree with @JZStudios somewhat but also understand its another avenue for people to have fun.  I still and always will love real life motorsports (++Rally) and love the competition it creates.  HOWEVER I have no interest in it myself.  

To me if you want to have a real competition it should only be in a controlled environment at a physical location, for something like it to be fair, unless this is how its run.

But I do agree that its a very very small niche of players that actually want to do this.  For me its all a game and a diversion that I do for an hour here and there.  But I'm married and have other responsibilities in life, I am sure many of you hear are rather young and have a good deal more time than I do.  

The time I spend, I want a great experience, and I do not want a dev to take time away from the core game to work on these parts that only a few enjoy.  

IDK, kind of my 2 cents 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That would be the most reasonable route. Just make a game to be really good and really fun. Pack it full of features and please will someone bring back split-screen. Its so much more fun sitting next to your friend then trying to talk over the stupid internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
its already proven the top end sim racers can actually make good real life racers. one of the reasons mclaren is getting involved.

The competition was done by Logitech & McLaren. The winner work as a race simulator driver/advisor for only a year contract to promote my meme pic technique on his shift, so Alonso & Vandoorne drive in a way so can get a closer measure for the simulator suspension data to viable for the real thing car setup due to simulation limitation.(sorry, no offense for the winner, but you get paid for it at least)

As for the gamer that went pro racer with Gran Turismo...
The competition was done by Logitech, Sony, Polyphony Digital & Nissan. They're all advertising their products. Although Nissan is the are making Gran Turismo drivers go pro. This one was possible due to very clever advertising & the insane amount of Gran Turismo owners worldwide, TV show & all. The Nissan GTR center dash is made by Polyphony Digital. 

It always work by selling product, I see no business value for any PC sim racer to go pro race driver, because the scale is too small.

Advertising/large scale spectators/sell more products


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
 new tech is coming in and new ideas.if you focus on old and dont change then you wont change.

mclaren for eg are taking esports very serious and putting in big money.other companies are aswell.as it grows the games will change and cater for esports aswell. the tech is there to make sim racing as life like as possible.the whole package needs to come together.it is slowly.

its already proven the top end sim racers can actually make good real life racers. one of the reasons mclaren is getting involved.

But again, NONE of the games as they currently sit look anything like a competent "new" product. Sim racing is extremely disinteresting if you think about how it has almost actually gotten worse since GT2 10 years ago. I love racing, but I struggle to pull out my wheel and set up to play because everything is so lifeless, sterile, and boring, and no one asks for change. AC FINALLY made a big deal about how their AI finally works after years of telling people to just deal with it and rabid fanboys attacking any one.
Every time there's been a major eSports sim racing event it's been awful. I don't care about it, but I also don't care about real sports, but when every event has just lost money and made a mockery of itself it's not a good business practice. Not to mention that making games for eSports (Like GT Sport) starts to heavily push towards always online only, with little to no career or meaningful progression. And in GT Sports case, some cars just dominate period. It just doesn't work in sim racing.
That would be the most reasonable route. Just make a game to be really good and really fun. Pack it full of features and please will someone bring back split-screen. Its so much more fun sitting next to your friend then trying to talk over the stupid internet.
That would be cool. I REALLY miss split screen and hate that it's gone the way of the dinosaurs. I kind of want to see if I get a side by side split screen game and set it up as dual monitor if I can just have each person have their own monitor... That'd be really cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JZStudios said:
dgeesi0 said:
 new tech is coming in and new ideas.if you focus on old and dont change then you wont change.

mclaren for eg are taking esports very serious and putting in big money.other companies are aswell.as it grows the games will change and cater for esports aswell. the tech is there to make sim racing as life like as possible.the whole package needs to come together.it is slowly.

its already proven the top end sim racers can actually make good real life racers. one of the reasons mclaren is getting involved.

But again, NONE of the games as they currently sit look anything like a competent "new" product. Sim racing is extremely disinteresting if you think about how it has almost actually gotten worse since GT2 10 years ago. I love racing, but I struggle to pull out my wheel and set up to play because everything is so lifeless, sterile, and boring, and no one asks for change. AC FINALLY made a big deal about how their AI finally works after years of telling people to just deal with it and rabid fanboys attacking any one.
Every time there's been a major eSports sim racing event it's been awful. I don't care about it, but I also don't care about real sports, but when every event has just lost money and made a mockery of itself it's not a good business practice. Not to mention that making games for eSports (Like GT Sport) starts to heavily push towards always online only, with little to no career or meaningful progression. And in GT Sports case, some cars just dominate period. It just doesn't work in sim racing.
That would be the most reasonable route. Just make a game to be really good and really fun. Pack it full of features and please will someone bring back split-screen. Its so much more fun sitting next to your friend then trying to talk over the stupid internet.
That would be cool. I REALLY miss split screen and hate that it's gone the way of the dinosaurs. I kind of want to see if I get a side by side split screen game and set it up as dual monitor if I can just have each person have their own monitor... That'd be really cool.

if i look at what you saying you dont look like the person who wants to be involved in esports or watch it. so will even the perfect racing rally game make you interested ? esports is rapidly growing at a ferocious speed.you may not think so it is ! in a few years it will be stable tv and a lot more common with big tournements.the thing is many or some are not thinking " future " .. the thing is you have to be in early anything new or you last. thats why companies are pushing it and putting money in.

esports racing has only grown so i dont get what you are saying to be honest.you may struggle to play racing rally games that doesnt mean others do.look at the bigger picture.

the F1 2017 event was massive.you may not like it im not a F1 person either but ..it wasnt awful it attracted massive media.it was live on sky sports.it made advances that hadnt previously been done.so the event gained rather than lost.the thing is you may lose money to gain in a area for later to be succesful ! as i said previously to be in the driving seat of anything you have to push you have to risk things you have to spend money. if you want to be a factor in anything to come.

esports is mainly about teams vs teams or people vs people. its not about playing a campaign.why would it be ? its about the skill of the people competing of the sport they are taking part.not finishing a single player game.their needs to be excitement of challenger vs challenger.

its not perfect yet but that takes time to perfect the showing of these events.its new it will take time effort and money. also understanding of what works and doesnt work.

esports maybe not tick your box but it will for many others for the community and thats the point to look at the bigger picture.esports racing / rallying is going to be big.very big.people just either have no vision or just do see it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×