DiRTy Gossip

Accro2008 said:
Welp I know what my next purchase is.

This handbrake/sequential shifter is 3 characters too short.
That’s awesome! I’d love that, shame more brands don’t make handbrakes or sequential shifters!

well we have DSD,Fanatec,ProSim,Heussinkveld ,Rcimotech etc.........................But hope this one is affordable for all rally fans!!!!

Accro2008 said:
Welp I know what my next purchase is.

This handbrake/sequential shifter is 3 characters too short.
Lol, 90% metal.
well we have DSD,Fanatec,ProSim,Heussinkveld ,Rcimotech etc.........................But hope this one is affordable for all rally fans!!!!
Maybe it's because I'm in the States, but the Fanatec shifter and handbrake weren't THAT expensive. If cost bothers you you could make your own hydraulic one for around $60 (Or whatever currency you may use)
I found my Fanatec parts to be about the same cost as TM, but they didn't light themselves on fire. And the shifter is 100% metal and weighs half a ton.

yeah im in US, just scored a ProSim all metal one from eBay.Otherwise i would have built one,as rally and rally x is all i play pretty much.
BTW the Fanatec offerings, at least in wheels is high priced,as you have to buy a wheel for $400 separately on top of $600 base..Im running on T300 for now.......
PS.I also have the SSQ Fanatec shifter,now thats sweet at $200

yeah im in US, just scored a ProSim all metal one from eBay.Otherwise i would have built one,as rally and rally x is all i play pretty much.
BTW the Fanatec offerings, at least in wheels is high priced,as you have to buy a wheel for $400 separately on top of $600 base..Im running on T300 for now.......
PS.I also have the SSQ Fanatec shifter,now thats sweet at $200
...the $600 wheel hub is much nicer than... well any of Thrustmasters lineup. The wheels themselves are also immensely nicer. Mainly in the fact that they're metal, with real leather/alcantara, and all the buttons/switches work rather than being molded plastic and stickers.
But I don't know why they completely killed their cheaper wheel line, especially for so long.

This is looking nice, some interesting cars too. Looks more Forza Horizon style handling, or Sega Rally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXpEgkaqVwM

What that an Alpine (near the end) that was not being left behind by a 4x4 mitsi and kept pulling away from the players 4x4 something else modern?

What that an Alpine (near the end) that was not being left behind by a 4x4 mitsi and kept pulling away from the players 4x4 something else modern?
It's an arcade racer ;-)

Why does this game remind me of DiRT2 in some ways?  As big of a SimSnob as I am, this game actually looks fun.  It saddens me that CM just can't get the licenses, like so many other games do.  

gfRally said:
Why does this game remind me of DiRT2 in some ways?  As big of a SimSnob as I am, this game actually looks fun.  It saddens me that CM just can't get the licenses, like so many other games do.  
I have this feeling that Milestone saw all the people talking about how DiRT2 was the best DiRT and are now trying to capitalize on that nostalgia. 

Not sure it will; in that video they said there was an idea it might have open world, but all the tracks they tried were circuits. As were the Sega Rally games.

When they first announced Gravel I hoped for an updated SLRE. I think the lack of sales put them off another proper sim so going for a wider audience of disappointed Dirt 4 owners.
Still looks fun though and I'll buy it.

Surprise me a little. I thought they were going for something like FH3 with an open world, not track based.

Graphics look good. Sim aspect looks worse than codies, for example the suspension response looks worse on the jumps. That won't cause too many issues with sales though.

Will they get their marketing package up to scratch ?

Nothing I have heard of. But hopefully soon. There was that delayed news that wss supposed to come in the beginning of january. So hopefully it's not too long.