DiRTy Gossip

So V-Rally 4... What a wave of nostalgia! Looks like the rumor mill wasn't griding air after all. Obviously this game won't have any WRC cars because they won't be allowed outside of official titles. Really makes you wonder, if Kylotton are working, full-force, on V-Rally, who's working on WRC 8? I don't think the WRC promoters would want to skip a year.

EDIT: Kylotton, do at least try to know your cars. It looks kind of bad for a racing game dev, if you know what I mean. They said there was a Ford Fiesta in their trailer, on their official press release. Can't tell the difference between the Focus and Fiesta?

I thought the trailer looked quite bad to be honest. But let's see how it turns out.

V-Rally 4 is releasing in September 2018, the same launch window Kylotonn usually used for the WRC serie? Could they really have dropped it? This could be a serious hint they did

Looks like there will be a WRC game this year but by who ?

Daniel Elena did a live during rally Mexico, where he was asked to take pictures for the next wrc game.

Source from 3:10 talking about the game in french and then taking the pictures :
https://www.facebook.com/DanielElenaOfficiel/videos/1882244085159799/

MrDeap said:
er185 said:
V-Rally 4 confirmed!!!

• Body is 18 characters too short.
You should wait for what Codemasters are working on. The future look quite promising.
Yeah, it’s definitely in safe hands and looking good
OH COME ON. NOW YOU KNOW SOMETHING AS WELL?!

lskill said:
Accro2008 said:
Looks like there will be a WRC game this year but by who ?
Eden Games?
source?
It was a joke. Poor Eden Games are still trying to get fully back on their feet and they have a small team at the moment.

dwkGravey said:
Sounds like a guess. I'm going to say... Three Fields.
Fore!

It would be a shame if Codemasters never get a shot at the WRC games. The early McRae ones were as close as they got so far, and Dirt Rally proves they could do official stages, even though it might need an iterative approach, of adding new sections/stages each year (as Dirt Rally only had a single stage split into bits/variants, and those stages took long enough to build).

I think the Dirt4 generated stages has a possible future, but I would prefer accuracy over auto generated stages ideally.

I've always thought that I'd be good for a games company to release a rally game with the first event or so, at a cheap price, then add extra rallies over the rest of the year, as DLC, at a small price (with season pass) so it all adds up to a full package cost-wise, but they don't have to develop all the stages at the same time (gives them more time to make them).

The ideal situation would be to combine the real stages of Rally with the generated ones from dirt4. One/Two iconic stage(s) for each rally + yourstage

If Codemasters get the WRC licence, there goes my hope of New Zealand being included in the near future...  :'(

I remember i desperately wanted for a rally game back in 1997 on PS1 when V-Rally came out i got it day one and i had much fun with it... A year later about released Colin Mac rae 1 and never involved with other rally game for many years..
V-rally has good name especially to the PS users , i have not much faith on Kylotonn according their latest racing games (WRC serious pretty mediocre to bad for me , same for Flatout 4 , but i have to say that TT Isle of Man which is released soon looks very good so far both about graphics and handling - physics.. So i have some hopes for V-Rally...
It looks that will be something between Dirt 3 and Gravel which both is fun..
About WRC lisence , i dont want CM to get them and i prefer they make a Dirt rally 2 instead , to have the freedom about tracks - cars and not to create an other annoual grab tittle like they do with F1 series. I want something big , a Dirt Rally 2 with much content , DLC , online rally , a game that will last 2-3 years at least (look at the RBR people love it after 14 years of release!)

Ahhh finally no more crap wrc games, I hope Codemasters grabbed the licence and hired the guy who make procedural stages that would be epic.
Well I think that almost any game developer will make a better job than kylotton

tbtstt said:
MrDeap said:
er185 said:
V-Rally 4 confirmed!!!

• Body is 18 characters too short.
You should wait for what Codemasters are working on. The future look quite promising.
Yeah, it’s definitely in safe hands and looking good
OH COME ON. NOW YOU KNOW SOMETHING AS WELL?!
No, I just fancied winding people up

Everyone knows something. Everyone is a suspect. Be ready. Summer is coming.

But to be honest, V-Rally is definitely on my radar. The stage design in WRC7 was pretty good. Any idea if they'll go for more simlike or arcade with it? 

I personally will be kinda disappointed if the current guys don’t get to do WRC 8.  For me, WRC 7 was just one development cycle & a few tweaks away from being a really first class title.  The stages were equally as impressive as the DiRT Rally ones.  Codemasters raised the bar & other titles were responding 

KevM said:
I personally will be kinda disappointed if the current guys don’t get to do WRC 8.  For me, WRC 7 was just one development cycle & a few tweaks away from being a really first class title.  The stages were equally as impressive as the DiRT Rally ones.  Codemasters raised the bar & other titles were responding 
Yeah, I played it on a rig at Rally GB and it felt almost there! I’ve never bought a wrc game, but I was expecting 8 to be the one that finally persuaded me!

I hope if codies get the license we get some classic cars along with all the wrc content. It will be interesting to see what happens with world rx

Some random V-Rally 4 notes

- Rally locations confirmed in Kenya and Sequoia Park (forest in California).
- Rallycross with 8 cars on track.
- Extreme-Khana drifto super dude bro blabla.
- Buggy courses through 'hilly terrain'.
- Hillclimb with 'powerful, twitchy monsters'.
- Over 50 car models.
- Career mode.
- Innovative online mode to 'transform your experience and progress'.
- Comfirmed playing modes: Single-player, Online Multi-Player, Local Multi-Player & Shared/Split Screen

One things for sure, the forum is up and running again!!

I haven’t been on in ages as the Gossip thread was pretty stagnant but boom, hype-train is back on track - choo choo!!! lol