DiRTy Gossip

bogani said:
Areyouben said:
Could very well be Codies taking the license. Kylotonn with V-Rally, Milestone with Gravel. Who is left that could be doing the next WRC?
Slightly Mad Studios? Who knows.
my god if these clowns get it im going to cry.... :'(

Come onnn, we need some gossip, DiRT 4 is abandoned so they are working on a new game, I hope it is not a stand alone World RX game
And DiRT World Championships would be a "test" to organize the next season of WRC esports. 

Accro2008 said:
Looks like there will be a WRC game this year but by who ?

Daniel Elena did a live during rally Mexico, where he was asked to take pictures for the next wrc game.

Source from 3:10 talking about the game in french and then taking the pictures :
https://www.facebook.com/DanielElenaOfficiel/videos/1882244085159799/
I'll be honest I can't understand a thing of what he's saying but I've looked at the photoshooting and to be honest that looked more like the footage WRC Promoter uses for their graphics, so I'm not sure this was related to WRC games. Also, it looks like the shooting was done by WRC personal and not game developers...

carpa said:
Accro2008 said:

Daniel Elena did a live during rally Mexico, where he was asked to take pictures for the next wrc game.

Source from 3:10 talking about the game in french and then taking the pictures :
I'll be honest I can't understand a thing of what he's saying but I've looked at the photoshooting and to be honest that looked more like the footage WRC Promoter uses for their graphics, so I'm not sure this was related to WRC games. Also, it looks like the shooting was done by WRC personal and not game developers...
Yes, I thought the same, but he says it is for the game, maybe the game will have similar graphics, it could be for the character selection while playing on free play IMO

carpa said:
Accro2008 said:

Yes, I thought the same, but he says it is for the game, maybe the game will have similar graphics, it could be for the character selection while playing on free play IMO
The 'head tilted down then look to the player' intro is something F1 games from Codies have had in recent years....
https://twitter.com/wrcthegame/status/972098245072707584
This is what the official WRC games account tweeted a few days ago. Not sure what that means in all honesty. Just glad I can Gossip about something actually

https://youtu.be/jUEGa_DuJkg
Minute 2:25 the movements are so similar the ones Daniel Elena was asked to do, I think that is proper gossip
Edit: I think they are recording the drivers and codrivers, because modelling every wrc crew would be a titanic job, and they are on a rush...

That's, almost certainly, what it's for. In WRC 7, when you pick the team, the driver and co-driver can be seen. Also, taking portrait pictures of the drivers doesn't, necessarily, need to be done by a game dev. They'll just send the devs the pictures and take them again if not good enough.

carpa said:
The 'head tilted down then look to the player' intro is something F1 games from Codies have had in recent years....
That is an interesting detail indeed. Codemasters like to model the drivers, don't they? Like, DiRT 4 for example, you actually have a virtual Nicky Grist in your car instead of a generic co-driver with just his voice. And Codies' F1 2017 game also has the drivers fully modelled, looking at you, in the menus:

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Areyouben said:
Some random V-Rally 4 notes
- Comfirmed playing modes: Single-player, Online Multi-Player, Local Multi-Player & Shared/Split Screen
Loving the idea of Split-Screen. Its a forgotten treasure and every racing game should have it. Awesome Split-Screen will be included. I think it would be cool if Codemasters got the WRC license. Then you could have the full WRC calendar, add the full WRX calendar and also have your side championships, cars and stages from your D4 and DR titles.

Hey rally  lovers do not get excited yet :D :p , 2 rally games were released in a row (dirt rally , dirt 4) and its turn for for an asphalt game like Toca or Grid now.. And i hope to be like that my self , codemaster has not released any Grid game on current generation (last was grid autosport for last gen and PC) and thats same it self..

I love the idea of a new GRID game as well. Now that Codemasters has some extra graphics power and more staff I think a next-gen GRID game would be amazing (I thought Autosport was great). I love the cross between sim and arcade racing.

@warpengage following this gossip here and on GTPlanet is getting confusing. Can't remember what I said where LOL.

This is all a bit weird.

From what I have seen Kylotonn normally announce the next wrc game around May, with the game being delivered in Autumn (in fact WRC 7 release date is 15th Sept 2017 on Wiki. Now if Kylotonn are going to release V rally in Autumn that means that they are going to release 2 rally games quite close together, which to me doesn't make any sort of sense, especially when they are such a small studio.

I guess we are going to have to wait until May to find out, but I think there is a more than reasonable chance someone else either has the licence or has been commissioned by the licence holder to produce the next game (ie not Kylotonn).

One more thing .... maybe the reason Codies have been so quiet re DLC on Dirt 4 is because their environment artists are having to work full time to replicate the WRC stages. There would be a hell of a lot of work their to go from scratch to implementing all the stages in a year or so.

"Aside from that, it’s been hard for us to be so quiet of late, as there are lots of things bubbling under the surface here – but there’s been a lot of shifting goalposts and sign-off requirements stopping us from going forth about discussing what they are!"

From the last road book. The sign off bit is what I would like to know about. 
;) 

@LudwigVonMises I think, for the time being, we should leave the V-Rally 4 thread alone on GTP. Here's where the Gossip really is.

That's, almost certainly, what it's for. In WRC 7, when you pick the team, the driver and co-driver can be seen. Also, taking portrait pictures of the drivers doesn't, necessarily, need to be done by a game dev. They'll just send the devs the pictures and take them again if not good enough.

carpa said:
That is an interesting detail indeed. Codemasters like to model the drivers, don't they? Like, DiRT 4 for example, you actually have a virtual Nicky Grist in your car instead of a generic co-driver with just his voice. And Codies' F1 2017 game also has the drivers fully modelled, looking at you, in the menus:

If this really was for the menus it would mean they'll be using real life footage in them, unlike in F1 games where they use 3D models of the drivers, who have a facial laserscan session somewhere around February. This would probably take too much time if the developing times are too tight. Especially considering that WRC games usually include all the main class crews AND WRC-2 and JWRC. To make all of these characters in 3D properly would take too much time I think. Then again, I have nothing against real life footage for introductions and menus. It just looks cool and makes you feel connected to the real sport!

dirt3joe said:
This is all a bit weird.

From what I have seen Kylotonn normally announce the next wrc game around May, with the game being delivered in Autumn (in fact WRC 7 release date is 15th Sept 2017 on Wiki. Now if Kylotonn are going to release V rally in Autumn that means that they are going to release 2 rally games quite close together, which to me doesn't make any sort of sense, especially when they are such a small studio.

I guess we are going to have to wait until May to find out, but I think there is a more than reasonable chance someone else either has the licence or has been commissioned by the licence holder to produce the next game (ie not Kylotonn).

One more thing .... maybe the reason Codies have been so quiet re DLC on Dirt 4 is because their environment artists are having to work full time to replicate the WRC stages. There would be a hell of a lot of work their to go from scratch to implementing all the stages in a year or so.
The thing is, BigBen Interactive is the publisher of V-Rally 4. Are they really going to release two games in the exact same genre, in the same category of Rally games, in the space of 2-3 months? I don't think so. I think they don't have the WRC licence anymore

carpa said:
The thing is, BigBen Interactive is the publisher of V-Rally 4. Are they really going to release two games in the exact same genre, in the same category of Rally games, in the space of 2-3 months? I don't think so. I think they don't have the WRC licence anymore
Yes, two games, of the same genre, by the same company, releasing near each other, equals blowing hole through the bottom of  their own ship. I think I also heard that, whoever has the WRC license is not allowed to produce any other game to compete against it. Don't know if this last part is true or not.

Something more to add : I searched quickly on internet and i saw that WRC license historitically are not owned by same company for over 3-4 years (see in wikipedia) and Big ben has released already 4 WRC games (3 made by kylotonn and  1 by Milestone) + the weird decision of CM to release the Dirt 4 while Dirt rally was that period pretty alive and not too old and people were waiting any new content like tracks - cars , online rally mode maybe instead of a new rally game that looked condemned to fail with these rushed technology of generated tracks , looks hard that the  experienced CM team  believed that this will like to people.. The same time that new generation of consoles did not get any Grid game and they are out since 2013..
So my thought is that they easy killed Dirt rally whicih was a game for sim lovers (so it has a specific target group) and then thought to release a simcade like game the Dirt 4 (with clearly bigger target group) with rushed generated tracks so not to spend much effort and sources , getting some money on release , then totally abandon it because are working since many months on a new WRC game?
I speak about a row and extreme money grab strategy (and remmeber what happened in the case of Grid 2 and Grid Autosport came just a year later after communities outcry about Grid 2)
MoneyGrabMasters could  be called then maybe! ahaha :p :#

carpa said:

carpa said:

If this really was for the menus it would mean they'll be using real life footage in them, unlike in F1 games where they use 3D models of the drivers, who have a facial laserscan session somewhere around February. This would probably take too much time if the developing times are too tight. Especially considering that WRC games usually include all the main class crews AND WRC-2 and JWRC. To make all of these characters in 3D properly would take too much time I think. Then again, I have nothing against real life footage for introductions and menus. It just looks cool and makes you feel connected to the real sport!

dirt3joe said:
This is all a bit weird.

Looked up the licence announcement from bigben (2013). Nothing particularly interesting but it says that they are in the driving seat to publish the next 3 versions. Now they took over at WRC4 - so therefore they have now published 4. Maybe that includes WRC4 or maybe it doesn't. But maybe what's more interesting is that in the past they have announced acquisition of the licence publicly, yet there is nothing they have released recently to say they have extended the licence that I can find. The promotor company is based in Munich.

Maybe Codemasters used DiRT to publish two concepts of rally gaming, and decide which one use for WRC title.
I like both and I think apart from RBR which is totally different era are the best Rally games actually, with no competition close to them

Areyouben said:
And what if BigBen signs Codies to do WRC development, published by BigBen? Any signs pointing out that’s impossible?
Unlikely. BigBen own some percentage of Kylotonn. I saw a finacial announcement saying that they own 25%. Of course it could have changed since that announcement.