DiRTy Gossip

The deadline to know who has the license is May 11. That day the domain wrcthegame.com expires 
Source: http://whois.domaintools.com/wrcthegame.com
I hope we do not have to wait 2 months ...

I think Codemasters have the licence now, but they are quiet because they don't know if they can finish this season game, so if they realize 2018 game can't be finished in time, they will release 2019 game at the start of next year maybe
I don't believe there are any flexible dates in the contract. There are specific dates, whether yearly or not. So if a contract has been signed, and the dev has doubts they can make a 2018 deadline, the contract would directly state that 2019 will be the first game from the new dev. If WRC Promoter wants a game this year though, they will have it, no matter how bad it is.

There have been three WRC game contracts signed in the past. The first was with Sony, and Evolution Studios was hired to make the first series of WRC games from 2001 to 2005. The second contract was with Black Bean games and Milestone was hired to make WRC 1, 2 and 3 in 2010-2012. The third contract is the most recent one. It was signed with Bigben Games for four titles. WRC 4 in 2013 was the first title of the contract, and was also made by Milestone, most likely due to time constraints. I have a feeling Bigben knew they were going to get rid of Milestone, so they asked for no game to be released in 2014. For some reason they took way too long to hire Kylotonn: Kylotonn was hired in October 2014 for a summer 2015 release window (BTW Bigben now is 25% shareholder in Kylotonn) and by the time Kylotonn was confirmed they only had eight months to release WRC 5 in 2015. Since Kylotonn decided to scrap Milestone's assets and start from scratch the eight-month timeline was woefully short, and WRC5 being one of the worst racing games ever made is proof of that. WRC 6 and 7 were the third and fourth titles in the contract, so we have recently come to the end of another contract cycle.

If Codies (or any dev for that matter) has already got a new contract with WRC Promoter we will have to see if the contract states the new game must be out in 2018 or if WRC Promoter is willing to wait until 2019 so things can be done right. That all depends on whether the new dev already has a bunch of stuff done or not and how willing WRC Promoter is to skip a year (or not).

I don't want to jinx it, but if after all this talking the licence is still with BigBen or there won't be a WRC game at all... well that would s***. For real :s

EDIT/ Whatever the next game will be, this HAS to be in. Drone footage just looks awesome <3
https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/973976371889426432?s=20

I got a drone last month, I’m looking forward to taking it to a Rally!!

KevM said:
They couldn’t not be doing SOMETHING??  Not after D4.  It’s not the game you put your feet up after, is it?

Do the DiRT guys have any involvement in that OnRush carry-on?  

Id be ultra-frustrated if that’s what they have all been doing since DiRT 4  :/

I’ll say it again, this Radio silence is really really worrying.  Someone must know something???!
We're definitely doing something yes. We're never not doing anything. I definitely know something.

is it wrong i just want sweet lamb more wales looking prettier
urgaffel said:
KevM said:
They couldn’t not be doing SOMETHING??  Not after D4.  It’s not the game you put your feet up after, is it?

Do the DiRT guys have any involvement in that OnRush carry-on?  

Id be ultra-frustrated if that’s what they have all been doing since DiRT 4  :/

I’ll say it again, this Radio silence is really really worrying.  Someone must know something???!
We're definitely doing something yes. We're never not doing anything. I definitely know something.

something 2 confirmed ! :D

wooooooshhhhhhhhh :D                                           

KevM said:
I got a drone last month, I’m looking forward to taking it to a Rally!!

I found one crashed in a field once, almost ran it over with my tractor! Made £200 on eBay, it was a good day. 

Also, quite a lot of rallies don’t like spectators flying drones, so I’d have a check before you go!

What if I’m in my grans field at the time and there just happens to be a Rally passing by?? lol

KevM said:
What if I’m in my grans field at the time and there just happens to be a Rally passing by?? lol

Just make sure it doesn't end like this :D

Apart from idiots flying drones where they shouldn't and ruining the fun for everyone with a brain, I'm more interested to know whether or not the engine has been overhauled. It's been needing retirement for a few titles now.

i hope whatever is used it doesnt do what it did in Dirt 4 for recording. most views ended up with a pixelated videos on youtube.was really gutting.dirt rally wasnt like this.huge for people who make content.

It ended up looking pixelated due to being too detailed for H264 codec youtube uses, especially with their low bitrate, something like only 2.5mbit for 720p and 5mbit for 1080p, not enough. Popularity or some other factor gets you VP9 codec eventually, which is a radical improvement. Sigh, wouldn't be a problem if they found the resources to increase the bitrate by 1-3mbit for h264 videos. 

DiRT Rally was also pixelated, if i used chase cam. Hard to avoid pixelation when you want proper impressive rally scenery.

GRID 4 confirmed? :D                                                    

Neah, they posted a DiRT 3 throwback last week too...

KevM said:
Neah, they posted a DiRT 3 throwback last week too...
DiRT Rally confirmed!!!