DiRTy Gossip

BadD0g said:
I'm American, what are tunnocks and how do I deep fry them?
Go to Scotland 
my bro was working up there and his scottish mate said shall we get a pizza and he said ahh why not. the guy in the chippy just skimmed the pizza straight in the deep fat frier :D.

So, the guys at WRC couldn't choose other then codemasters after the succes of the beautifull dirt rally game. And then came the lame dirt 4 game so now they are still negociating...

So, the guys at WRC couldn't choose other then codemasters after the succes of the beautifull dirt rally game. And then came the lame dirt 4 game so now they are still negociating...
Considering how shit most of the wrc games have been before WRC7, I doubt that’s something g going through their heads

The issue might be that the WRC games Twitter, which was set up when Kylotonn took over, mentioned the number 8. It might be that the WRC games Twitter is managed by BigBen (rather than Kylotonn), in which case they might still have the rights and simply use X other unknown studio (or even bring Milestone back).

Codemasters are a separate entity, so it might still be a stretch for them to be involved, if that was the case. But I could just be wrong (it's happened before plenty!).

What I don't understand is: why did they leave Kylotton just when they were improving?

Moving to an unknown studio is inviting another below average first game. The cycle begins again.

I didn't know about Kylotton, before WRC 5, and their first game was a shocker. Yet, WRC 7 was a significant improvement, compared to that. They came a long way.

The unfortunate thing is: if the WRC Promoter really cared about making something decent, instead of just cashing in on the brand, they wouldn't have let WRC 5, which had only 5-6 months of dev time, happen.

The issue might be that the WRC games Twitter, which was set up when Kylotonn took over, mentioned the number 8. It might be that the WRC games Twitter is managed by BigBen (rather than Kylotonn), in which case they might still have the rights and simply use X other unknown studio (or even bring Milestone back).

Codemasters are a separate entity, so it might still be a stretch for them to be involved, if that was the case. But I could just be wrong (it's happened before plenty!).
You're right. It's hard to go by social media since sometimes it's the publisher and not the dev involved in FB/Twitter/YT.

It is clear that Kylotonn will not be continuing with the WRC games. Shortened eSports and VRally 4 being the most concrete evidence of that. It's true that Bigben could continue with WRC, but they are 25% shareholders in Kylotonn so why would they extend the contract just to contract the dev work out to a competing studio?

I do hope that it is with Codemasters or Milestone. Those two studios have made the greatest rally games in a decade (DR and SLRE) for current-gen consoles and PCs. Milestone really needs to get their act together with graphics. Gravel, in spite of using Unreal Engine, is way behind the competition in the graphics department. But the arcade physics have lots of SLRE sim under the hood and it's the best arcade racer I've played in years. It's hard to understand how Milestone, the studio that made a great rally game like SLRE, could have made such poor rally games in WRC 1-4. Codemasters games excel in sound, graphics and ambiance but suffer with lack of content and wonky physics (DR 5g cars and D4 super-grip cars... though I do have hope because the R5 class feels spot-on in D4).

Either way, both Codemasters and Milestone have enough "things they do well" to do justice to a WRC title. I just really hope it doesn't end up in the hands of an unkown developer again, like what happened with Kylotonn and WRC 5. It would be a shame to have to wait three years again to get to a decent WRC level. Kylotonn was finally starting to get things right with WRC 7 and now they are out. I really hope that doesn't mean that it's back to the drawing board for the WRC series.

bogani said:
JZStudios said:
bogani said:
JZStudios said:
Evilsmurf said:
bogani said:
Dytut said:
@urgaffel , we need a Swedish perspective on the snacks. Are they better than kexchoklad?
As if. Kexchoklad is the shieeet.

Obviously the words from someone who has never tried a Tunnocks Tea cake, or you would clearly know that the tea cake wins hands down. 
I was just going to say that's the words from someone who's never spoken before.
There's no way Kexchoklad is a thing.
Oh JZ, buy a flight ticket sometime. Get out explore the world beyond your borders. 

You can do it!
No I can't. But you can purchase the ticket for me. As long as it's a return trip ticket. I'd hate to be stuck in Europe.
I can sure, but I won't.

What I can do though, is to ship you a box of Kexchoklad.
I'll always accept sweets/candy from strangers.

What I don't understand is: why did they leave Kylotton just when they were improving?

Moving to an unknown studio is inviting another below average first game. The cycle begins again.

I didn't know about Kylotton, before WRC 5, and their first game was a shocker. Yet, WRC 7 was a significant improvement, compared to that. They came a long way.

The unfortunate thing is: if the WRC Promoter really cared about making something decent, instead of just cashing in on the brand, they wouldn't have let WRC 5, which had only 5-6 months of dev time, happen.
But nowadays they seem to care about esport. A good wrc game is needed for making good marketing out of that.

this is what people dont seem to get. yes esports is a big deal for games for the future but you need to have something in place to build for that.that doesnt mean all focus is on esports.though.

But nowadays they seem to care about esport. A good wrc game is needed for making good marketing out of that.
You are over-estimating the importance of online challenges. eSports don't sell games. Good games sell games.

On PS4 it is normal to see a 10-20% completion rate of even the most basic online trophies, some as easy as just participing in a single online race, or completing a single online challenge. Gran Turismo Sport, a game heavily based on online racing, has a trophy for unlocking Sport Mode which is where the whole online matchmaking system and the FIA-sanctioned races are. It only has a 44.4% completion rate and all you have to do to win the trophy is watch two racing etiquette videos!

eSports WRC on PS4 has leaderboards limited to the top 1000 players. And that 1000 doesn't fill up until Sunday, the fourth day of each event. Most people don't care at all about weekly events, challenges, eSports or playing online. I have people on my friends list I have been trying to get to join my WRC 7 league which is based on the eSports. Some of these people are constantly playing WRC 7, yet they haven't participated in a single round of the five eSports events that have been held so far.

TBH with such a limited playerbase using online features we're lucky that we have as much online functionality as we have.

A bit of speculation here: what if WRCs were hard to license for DiRT 4 because deals were already being worked on for the future? And the WRC Promoter didn't want another game of theirs with competing content? There are a lot of pieces, in the past, that could fall neatly together.

Or just fall apart... no one ever knows the innermost secrets over at Codemasters Southam. Except the kind of cakes they eat.
When Your Stage was presented Codies said the reason they couldn't feature real life stages from DiRT Rally was that they were tied in some way to the WRC licence and they didn't want any trouble with WRC Promoter. It could be that they wanted to keep good relationships with the licence holders because there were negotiations with them...

dgeesi0 said:
BadD0g said:
Go to Scotland 
my bro was working up there and his scottish mate said shall we get a pizza and he said ahh why not. the guy in the chippy just skimmed the pizza straight in the deep fat frier :D.
I just don't know what to say. It kinda hurts.

carpa said:
versedi said:
BadD0g said:
Im Polish. Can you fill Pierogi with it?
As an Italian I've come to the conclusion that they don't quite fit with pasta. So I decided to look for something else :D

https://m.facebook.com/notes/wrc-the-official-game/esport-wrc-2018-world-championship/911367252368650/

The official WRC eSports season by Kylotonn ends this year on July the 29th with Rally Finland. Last season finished alongside the real life Rally Australia event on the 19th November. Could it be that they anticipated the end of the season because they know by October a new game will be launched and they won't be the developers in charge of it?
What an amazing co-incidence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bean_Games

On January 26 2018, Bigben Interactive was looking for a Game Producer to work on prestigious productions such as WRC and other upcoming titles on consoles and PCs. 
https://emploi.afjv.com/emploi-jeux-video/EPRO116-13172

Perhaps BigBen, as a publisher, is trying to cash in on as many franchises, under their belt, as possible.
They'll have Kylotton handle V-Rally.
And by the looks of the above post, maybe a new dev is indeed in charge... *shudders*

er185 said:
On January 26 2018, Bigben Interactive was looking for a Game Producer to work on prestigious productions such as WRC and other upcoming titles on consoles and PCs. 
I honestly can't understand why they would give such a prestigious licence as the WRC to completely new and unknown developers. And I'm not sure why WRC promoter allows this either...

carpa said:
er185 said:
I honestly can't understand why they would give such a prestigious licence as the WRC to completely new and unknown developers. And I'm not sure why WRC promoter allows this either...
Who pays more get's the License. They don't care if is a good Dev, or not. That's my guess...

Nothing like killing the Gossip speculation momentum there RCM...  lol

dgeesi0 said:
BadD0g said:
Go to Scotland 
Imagine my shock at getting to England and they don't deep fry the pizza.  There was a lot of adjustment after moving.

KevM said:
Well he's right. Codemasters don't have the WRC licence at this current point in time.

BigBen interactive have it.

Whether or not they will still have it after 31st July, that's another question.

KevM said:
It’s just something I do in my old age now  :D
What next? I bet you’ll try and convince us that the Easter bunny isn’t real!

I think, after seeing the job offer from BigBen, that Codemasters are not the ones in charge of this next WRC title. If they were, there would have a deal signed, already in 2017, and BigBen wouldn't be looking for a Game Producer (permanent contract, no less). If they had signed with Codemasters, they would already have a dev team, and if Codemasters were short on personel they would add job offers on their site.

To me, it's obvious BigBen is assembling a new team and they plan to dominate the rally market. A new team will handle WRC titles, while Kylotton will use V-Rally as a direct assault on DiRT. Just look at it, it's an off-road game with several disciplines: rally, rallycross, hillclimb, Buggy (aka Landrush) and Extremekhana (which we all know is Gymkhana). Remind you of another franchise?