DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

JZStudios said:
Speaking seriously i dont want to see infection and cat n mouse modes in any Dirt game by CM , that modes are for pure arcade games like Forza horizon , Gravel  On rush etc
I bet you're a blast at parties.
What do you mean?
I don’t see the problem in having a fun game mode in a serious racing sim. Allows for a bit of a distraction from endless racing, and it keeps players coming back. If you looked at dirt 3, the party modes were the longest surviving online lobbies, same with demo derby on grid

JZStudios said:
Speaking seriously i dont want to see infection and cat n mouse modes in any Dirt game by CM , that modes are for pure arcade games like Forza horizon , Gravel  On rush etc
I bet you're a blast at parties.
What do you mean?
I don’t see the problem in having a fun game mode in a serious racing sim. Allows for a bit of a distraction from endless racing, and it keeps players coming back. If you looked at dirt 3, the party modes were the longest surviving online lobbies, same with demo derby on grid
I generally agree with you , Grid 1 demo derby was my favorite mode ever i can say in a racing game but i can not put in in same class with infected car and cat n mouse of Dirt 3 as demo derby exists in real life..
Also i have Dirt 3 and i agree that the most busy lobbies are those of party modes like infected car etc..
I have Forza 7 also and there is infected car mode like in Dirt 3 , its funny enough and i can say that even in such arcade mode i prefer the handling and physics (like in forza 7)  to be semi-sim than completely arcade..
I am not opposed to arcade modes in semi-sim / sim game if devs will not replace  any pure rally content with it(if we speak about Dirt series)
For example Forza 7 has so much content , 700 cars , 31 locations with many layouts each , endless customizations etc , the party mode is about the 5% of whole game content or even less..
But look at the Dirt 3! There are so few locations for pure rally mode , few for RX as well.. Is well known that CM games have poor content .So if means that having party modes there will be 5 rally locations , 3-4 RX tracks and some party mode content and if there is not party modes means that the game will have 7 rally locations and 5-6 RX tracks i would say "NO" to partry mode addition..
For me the ideal next Dirt would be something very close to Dirt Rally with more content ,official rally tracks , i can live without hill climb and i would prefer and RX mode closer to Dirt 3 , longer tracks , no joker lap ,not on rails driving feeling, i dont care for offcial content about RX , and good online mode for rally (missing feature in Dirt rally)

But if you wanted a more realistic experience, why would you get rid of what makes rallycross, rallycross?

But if you wanted a more realistic experience, why would you get rid of what makes rallycross, rallycross?
Just i dont like a lot the short tracks and official content.. I prefer more variety about enviroments like snow , impressive stadiums , monaco location (Dirt 2 - Dirt 3) ..Offiical ones are a bit boring to me..And also more cars and many classics between them..

The future of DiRT

We’ll be back here in the coming weeks for a more candid Road Book on what’s going on here at DiRT HQ, and where we go from here. We’ve seen every comment – good and bad – and we’re making sure that whatever happens next has those considerations in mind. For now though, we want you to enjoy Clubs in all of its glory – let us know what you think!

Flag  Quote ·  Off Topic  Disagree  Agree  2Like  2Awesome

I think the community has been patienly waiting news since December.
    Hope something soon
  LOL

Just i dont like a lot the short tracks and official content.. I prefer more variety about enviroments like snow , impressive stadiums , monaco location (Dirt 2 - Dirt 3) ..Offiical ones are a bit boring to me..And also more cars and many classics between them..
I can see where you are coming from. I love the official calendar and cars of World RX so I am hoping that the next game features all the cars and tracks from RX. But that shouldn't stop CM from putting in the other tracks like in D3 and D2. I have seen games before make separate sections that through back to previous titles.

So you want a sim, but you want to axe real-life content in favour of spectacular fantasy tracks? Horses for courses, but be aware you're asking for the same mix of realistic/fun as people who want Infected mode in a sim.

And anyway, who says there can't be snow in rallycross?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biGdyBxjFTI

dwkGravey said:
So you want a sim, but you want to axe real-life content in favour of spectacular fantasy tracks? Horses for courses, but be aware you're asking for the same mix of realistic/fun as people who want Infected mode in a sim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biGdyBxjFTI

Yeah i just said my preferences... Yes i want a game with Dirt rally real rally stages and RX tracks like those of Dirt 2 and Dirt 3 with Dirt rally physics  , and not that on rail sense of Dirt rally - Dirt 4 RX mode..

dwkGravey said:
Don't forget RX on ICE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIuzNiHR1Wg
I could never forget!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNgfsLffyoc

Etirion said:
versedi said:

BTW. Let's gossip about that, is that Sweden or not?

That looks like some monte carlo hairpins to me, very unlike sweden!
@Fedemaisonnave it was talk about already back in may 2017.. the layout is really looking like Monte Carlo.. and that was in time ( two or three weeks before realease of Dirt4 video)..

Etirion said:
versedi said:

@Fedemaisonnave it was talk about already back in may 2017.. the layout is really looking like Monte Carlo.. and that was in time ( two or three weeks before realease of Dirt4 video)..
Check Monte Carlo dirt rally stages, it isn't part of it

Etirion said:
versedi said:

Check Monte Carlo dirt rally stages, it isn't part of it
I didnt say its from Dirt Rally..
edit: the map of terrain and hairpin looks like Monte Carlo.. 

Etirion said:
versedi said:

I've tried to compare the image on the screen to these satellitar images of the stages of DiRT Rally and Route de Turini - Descente is quite similar to that stage but I can't tell if they really are the same
This is a complete guide with all stages from DiRT Rally and relative aerial photos
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=470160373

carpa said:
Etirion said:
versedi said:

I've tried to compare the image on the screen to these satellitar images of the stages of DiRT Rally and Route de Turini - Descente is quite similar to that stage but I can't tell if they really are the same
This is a complete guide with all stages from DiRT Rally and relative aerial photos
I can't find a match on any DiRT Rally stage. It's a new section of road. Could it be a Your Stage creation?

I'll be honest, I've tried matching it to any Monte Carlo stage from the last few years without finding any obvious matches (didn't take long, they're all on Rally Maps' site).

carpa said:
Etirion said:
versedi said:

I can't find a match on any DiRT Rally stage. It's a new section of road. Could it be a Your Stage creation?
Don't think so. We know YS has difficulties crafting a road in a mountainous environment and this is why generally DiRT 4 stages don't have many tight corners/hairpins. That stage looks to have at least three hairpins and possibly in a sequence and that's not something the version of Your Stage we have could possibly craft, also because there seems to be mountains in the region judging by the shadows

I'm actually on a hunt now to try and figure out where that terrain scan is from. It's a challenge. I've been trying Sanremo, New Zealand, Argentina, Japan to try and spot a mountainous region like that. No avail, so far.

EDIT: It could also be a completely original environment, only loosely based on a real place, perhaps.

There is a loop on that part of the stage and I think Rally China was going to take part on a Mountain zone, and have a loop in a stage

There is a loop on that part of the stage and I think Rally China was going to take part on a Mountain zone, and have a loop in a stage
SS15? That's the only loop I see and it doesn't match the picture.

China would fit well in a hypothetical new DiRT game. A good change of scenery And they can probably reuse some DiRT2 assets

SS15? That's the only loop I see and it doesn't match the picture.
I just remembered a picture of that loop, didn't checked