DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Christina just retweeted Nicky Grist’s photo of his Toyota Celica. It’s probably nothing, it was a cool photo, but in the dirty gossip forum that means Toyota confirmed for the next game!

Maybe any Dirt 4 monte carlo location as DLC.??

Me watching the DiRTy Gossip thread, waiting to see what happens next.
ahaha I love spongbob i think it would be a good idea CM to get license and create a cartoony kart racing game like F1 stars etc..SpongBob and his company is beloved and it could attract many customers..

carpa said:
carpa said:
I've tried to compare the image on the screen to these satellitar images of the stages of DiRT Rally and Route de Turini - Descente is quite similar to that stage but I can't tell if they really are the same
This is a complete guide with all stages from DiRT Rally and relative aerial photos
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=470160373
I can't find a match on any DiRT Rally stage. It's a new section of road. Could it be a Your Stage creation?
Don't think so. We know YS has difficulties crafting a road in a mountainous environment and this is why generally DiRT 4 stages don't have many tight corners/hairpins. That stage looks to have at least three hairpins and possibly in a sequence and that's not something the version of Your Stage we have could possibly craft, also because there seems to be mountains in the region judging by the shadows
I imagine these were some of the tests they did with Your Stage on mountains, on which they eventually decided it wasnt good enough.

Etirion said:
carpa said:
carpa said:
I've tried to compare the image on the screen to these satellitar images of the stages of DiRT Rally and Route de Turini - Descente is quite similar to that stage but I can't tell if they really are the same
This is a complete guide with all stages from DiRT Rally and relative aerial photos
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=470160373
I can't find a match on any DiRT Rally stage. It's a new section of road. Could it be a Your Stage creation?
Don't think so. We know YS has difficulties crafting a road in a mountainous environment and this is why generally DiRT 4 stages don't have many tight corners/hairpins. That stage looks to have at least three hairpins and possibly in a sequence and that's not something the version of Your Stage we have could possibly craft, also because there seems to be mountains in the region judging by the shadows
I imagine these were some of the tests they did with Your Stage on mountains, on which they eventually decided it wasnt good enough.
That makes sense. At 0:25 in this trailer for DiRT 4
https://youtu.be/uPGxOIXSAG4
there is a stage in Sweden running between two mountain lines, and that's impossible to see in the finished game. I think Paul said it was some testing with different parameters for Your Stage but it didn't work well enough

Whatever happens next, I hope that if they keep the WRX license we get all the tracks this time. COTA probably wouldn't even be that hard to implement, they already have it modeled for Grid Autorsport.

Oscar97 said:
Whatever happens next, I hope that if they keep the WRX license we get all the tracks this time. COTA probably wouldn't even be that hard to implement, they already have it modeled for Grid Autorsport.
That would depend on if they want to update it. Not sure how good it is in Autosport. If they decide to update it, it would require a fair amount of work.

Also COTA from F1. They also have hockenheim from grid (although I have a feeling it’s not a round this year), plus Barcelona from f1

Also COTA from F1. They also have hockenheim from grid (although I have a feeling it’s not a round this year), plus Barcelona from f1
Barcellona, Hockenheim and COTA all have to be present in F1 2018 so they already have the environments, but you're right, Germany is hosted in Estering this year. But the new WRX circuit is in Silverstone which is already included in F1 games

I still have this feeling they will announce Silverstone RX DLC on the DiRT championship finale

I have a feeling there's a chance something will be announced on the DiRT Grand Final. I don't think it'll be DLC though. I don't think DLC, after the game's been mostly abandoned, for quite a while, will sit too well.

Both WRC6 and WRC8 were announced mid-end May.

We're maybe 10 days away from the normal announcement time.

Plus BigBen usually announce their yearly results end May.

I have a feeling there's a chance something will be announced on the DiRT Grand Final. I don't think it'll be DLC though. I don't think DLC, after the game's been mostly abandoned, for quite a while, will sit too well.
Hopefully, the silence is deafening! 

carpa said:
Barcellona, Hockenheim and COTA all have to be present in F1 2018 so they already have the environments, but you're right, Germany is hosted in Estering this year. But the new WRX circuit is in Silverstone which is already included in F1 games
The German round has always been at the Estering, Hockenheim was another round and it's been removed to make room for the USA round this year.

tbtstt said:
Hopefully, the silence is deafening! 
It's more likely illuminating ::smile:

Well whatever is brewing, if R5 cars are involved I hope we see this in game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVljvb8dMB4

I still have my hopes up that the Polo R5 means Skoda will move from R5 into WRC in 2019. Seems like a stupid move for two VAG brands going head to head in the same class.

Dytut said:
I still have my hopes up that the Polo R5 means Skoda will move from R5 into WRC in 2019. Seems like a stupid move for two VAG brands going head to head in the same class.

Seems to work for VAG, think it lets them corner the market and know that spectators are always drawn to watching series with multiple brands involved.

GT3: Lamborghini, Porsche, Bentley, Audi
TCR: Audi, VW, Seat

Even P1 they were happily racing Porsche v Audi, with the competition benefitting both (because more eyeballs), which was only stopped prematurely by dieselgate...

I don't see two R5s being a massive stretch.

Isn't also the VW R5 strictly a customer car? I would agree if it was two factory teams competing. But considering VW is only interested in selling their cars I don't think there's too much conflict

After quite a lot of radio silence, today the official WRC Games account answered to two tweets asking about WRC 8 with these

https://twitter.com/wrcthegame/status/995967934085451776?s=20
https://twitter.com/wrcthegame/status/995968115719704576?s=20

It isn't much but it shows at least that there is something to say. And it may be approaching. Analysing the tweet doesn't seem worth it though, it looks like a very standard pre written response while they wait for the time to come

WRC 6 and 7 were both announced this month, with release in Autumn. I think if late May, or early June, come and we still hear nothing, we may have to, more heavily, entertain the idea that a game might not be coming this year.

My biggest bet is the DiRT World Championships Grand Final, for a Codemasters announcement (if they are in charge).

I really, REALLY, hope that something happens at the DiRT 4 finals as, if it doesn't, we have no other date in mind as to when we might get more info!

My biggest bet is the DiRT World Championships Grand Final, for a Codemasters announcement (if they are in charge).

I don't see that personally; those eSports seem fairly closely tied to WRX.

Areyouben said:
Full WRX game is better than no game at all.
I still don't think there is enough of an audience to justify a standalone World Rallycross game: but I would be absolutely ecstatic if they announced one! 

We are into solid territory now for the announcement of .... something ?!

i) 1 year ago almost to the day WRC7 was announced.
ii) Big Bens Finance report I think end May.
iii) Big Ben stand at E3.
iv) E3 mid June.

Problem is that if there is going to be some sort of announcement by Codies that will make them awfully busy. Got Onrush release, F1 2018 and maybe XXX to announce all within a few weeks ? Time for the pro plus or expresso from hell.