Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

Well I understand he helped with the Rx. Which I very much enjoyed in D4. I just found the rally aspect a bit rubbish. I admire the ambition but for me DR was leagues ahead in all areas of the rally genre. 
With some small tweaks to the DiRT 4 parameters it would have beaten DiRT Rally hands down. There were some small things, especially with the older RWD cars, that weren't perfectly dialed in and those things had quite a big impact on the feel of it all.

RX proves that the physics engine is good. But having a good physics engine doesn't mean that all cars drive perfectly out of the box. You also need a lot of data so you can configure the cars the right way and extract everything from the physics. But I'm confident that Codies have learned a lot from it. If they can collect data as well as they can troll us they'll have something nice cooking for sure! :#
Hints and mentions of rally drivers last few weeks:
  • Colin McRae
  • Petter Solberg
  • Oliver Solberg
  • Carlos Sainz
  • Sébastien Loeb
  • Phil Mills (co)

The tweet of today shows Oliver Solberg taking pictures from McRae and Sollberg. Games used to be known as CMR or Colin McRae Rally. To catch up with younger audience and refresh the series, Petter Solberg is taking over the name in the game. This could mean we actually get a title that hasn't any mention of Dirt or Dirt Rally but probably sooner PSR or Petter Solberg Rally.

Just figuring out how those other drivers can be related to the game and how the cypher can reveal more....
Areyouben said:
Well I understand he helped with the Rx. Which I very much enjoyed in D4. I just found the rally aspect a bit rubbish. I admire the ambition but for me DR was leagues ahead in all areas of the rally genre. 
With some small tweaks to the DiRT 4 parameters it would have beaten DiRT Rally hands down. There were some small things, especially with the older RWD cars, that weren't perfectly dialed in and those things had quite a big impact on the feel of it all.

RX proves that the physics engine is good. But having a good physics engine doesn't mean that all cars drive perfectly out of the box. You also need a lot of data so you can configure the cars the right way and extract everything from the physics. But I'm confident that Codies have learned a lot from it. If they can collect data as well as they can troll us they'll have something nice cooking for sure! :#
It wasn't the handling I had such a problem with though I did prefer DR handling too. But the stages looked horrible in D4 for me and lacked detail and complexity of DR's stages. Felt like a backward step. That said I'm sure Codies have a plan of action  
I dont think Solberg is successful enough to get a game on his name, I prefer DiRT Legends
Well he has pretty much the same success stats that Colin McRae had, but over half as long rally career. But I personally think Legends would be a great name, Petter might not be the household name that Colin was.
P308R said:
Hints and mentions of rally drivers last few weeks:
  • Colin McRae
  • Petter Solberg
  • Oliver Solberg
  • Carlos Sainz
  • Sébastien Loeb
  • Pete Mills (co)

The tweet of today shows Oliver Solberg taking pictures from McRae and Sollberg. Games used to be known as CMR or Colin McRae Rally. To catch up with younger audience and refresh the series, Petter Solberg is taking over the name in the game. This could mean we actually get a title that hasn't any mention of Dirt or Dirt Rally but probably sooner PSR or Petter Solberg Rally.

Just figuring out how those other drivers can be related to the game and how the cypher can reveal more....
Phil Mills you mean?
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
3:30 pm in UK maybe we’ve been trolled again.
Yeah, it does seem rather late for an announcement. I guess there is still a (perhaps unlikely) chance that CM will post a trailer last thing on a Friday and let us all have a meltdown over the weekend. 
1pm this Monday or the one after, trust me, DiRT Legends will be announced then.

I have been wondering for a while a way to work Solberg’s name into a DiRT title, but I couldn’t come up with anything that sounds good.
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
Yeah, it does seem rather late for an announcement. I guess there is still a (perhaps unlikely) chance that CM will post a trailer last thing on a Friday and let us all have a meltdown over the weekend. 
1pm this Monday or the one after, trust me, DiRT Legends will be announced then.

I have been wondering for a while a way to work Solberg’s name into a DiRT title, but I couldn’t come up with anything that sounds good.
Dirt: Mountain of the Sun? 
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

Dirt: Black Gold of the Sun

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYBT90PFmoM

urgaffel said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

OK code breakers, get on it! 
  • Codemasters Staff
bogani said:
urgaffel said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

OK code breakers, get on it! 
If only somebody had recently posted a code...