Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

BrySkye said:

154 › Hello? Is it me you R looking 4?
Win a Championship in a R4 vehicle

155 › The Only Way is Up
Finish in the Top Tier of a Hillclimb Daily in Online Events

156 › Turtley Awesome
Beat the Delta Time in a Delta Daily in Online Events

157 > Owned
Finish in the Top Tier of the Owners Club Daily in Online Events
Alfa Romeo confirmed!

TPJP said:
http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/10/dirt-rally-road-book-231015/
Road book on. No information about the new cars but it says the pack is pretty imminent. So Monday release?
Yeah by the sounds of it, I won't be able to play it for a little while as my controller (or pad, being grammatically correct) is at home and I'm at uni :(

TPJP said:
Road book on. No information about the new cars but it says the pack is pretty imminent. So Monday release?
Yeah by the sounds of it, I won't be able to play it for a little while as my controller (or pad, being grammatically correct) is at home and I'm at uni :(
Actually, the word controller in that sentence is grammatically correct :P Not gonna bother explaining here, since most will be like "here we go again" xD

And I kind of expected that the update will roll out on Monday. Releasing it on Friday is kind of risky, since if something will mess up we would have to wait till Monday to get it fixed. Also there hasn't been an update before that did roll out on Friday if I remember correctly. Though please do correct me if I'm wrong here.

TPJP said:
If that's the case, maybe we can start calling that update as...
( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Monday Masters.

G37L057 said:
TPJP said:
Actually, the word controller in that sentence is grammatically correct :P Not gonna bother explaining here, since most will be like "here we go again" xD

And I kind of expected that the update will roll out on Monday. Releasing it on Friday is kind of risky, since if something will mess up we would have to wait till Monday to get it fixed. Also there hasn't been an update before that did roll out on Friday if I remember correctly. Though please do correct me if I'm wrong here.
There has, but not a public one. A community test version once rolled out on a Friday and it completely broke the online.
Which was pretty bad since the whole point was to test PvP!
If something had happened like that with a public release, it would have been a full-blown emergency with staff going in during the weekend.

So no, a big public release is never going to happen on a Friday or during the weekend. 

Monday? Maybe, but I personally wouldn't look any sooner than Tuesday.

dgeesi0 said:
am i the only one that hated toca games ? :Di have them still but i still hated them.
Bought my PS2 with TOCA 2 and GT4. Loved TOCA, hated GT. Then, GT educated me to seek more realism. Recently revisited TOCA, and it sucks. Boring arcade shit.
What i would like to see is best of both styles. Realism in handling, physics etc + more depth like good career or even story mode

Now i need to win that lottery big time to make it happen (at least would be easier)

Jepsertti said:
TPJP said:
If that's the case, maybe we can start calling that update as...
( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Monday Masters.
┗(◉Д◉┗)

@gfRally 

here are all the answers he gave last week.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125414893/posthistory/

My favorite answer was: "We will be revisiting the FFB once we have done the full V2 handling pass."

I'd guess it's whichever one the hatchback model is, they're fairly common in R4 and would make sense as to why they improved the model for a single car in RX. If the 4 achievements aren't each for a new car then I'm going to get my hopes up about there potentially being more than 4 then.

Was another 2010s car confirmed anywhere?

I'd guess it's whichever one the hatchback model is, they're fairly common in R4 and would make sense as to why they improved the model for a single car in RX. If the 4 achievements aren't each for a new car then I'm going to get my hopes up about there potentially being more than 4 then.

Was another 2010s car confirmed anywhere?
Keep up, man! :)

Achievements now named and there is just the one for R4, the others are basic online versions, I think just to fill out some achievemens for this release.

So how many cars were we expecting again?

Are there only 4 main cars in the R4 class?
There are three on the periodic table, which so far has proven to be the best guideline for guessing cars. Every car in the game is also on the periodic table under all the proper classes with the exception of the Ford Fiesta RS.

Under the R4 class we find the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX & X and the Subaru Impreza STi N14. Maybe we'll see some more 2010s/2000s/F2 cars though, this update.

So, i can't see why they'd include the same car, albeit a different version, in the same class, but i'd vote against the Evo IX and  X being in R4.
so the class will have only Subarus? R4 is basically these 4 cars said earlier (plus the old Megane N4 which is front wheel drive and nobody uses)

kobeshow said:
Do we already know in which class the teased Focus will be ? Maybe they will put it in R4 aswell ?
If the devs are completely ignoring what the R4 class is in real life, maybe...

Performance-wise, the Focus WRC 06 will be better balanced with the 2010s, and i think it's the better guess, since in DiRT3 it was under the "Pro" class (in which we had the C4 WRC, Focus WRC 08,  Fiesta WRC 11 and the Countryman Rally Edition)

So If I'm not wrong we were told that this pack will have 8 cars (or at least it was planned, please correct me If I'm wrong). The new category is very clear that is the R4 class, with one Evo on it. I would bet that this category will have 2 cars, maybe 3. The Evo X and the Subaru N14. Now it's clear that we will have new cars on the 2000's and probably on the 2010's too. From what we've seen from both DR and SLRE, we should not expect the 2015's WRC cars, so I wouldn't count with any 2015 WRC car on the game, but we may have the DS3/Polo/i20. Now we shall wait for update and see what it will bring to the game! :smiley: 

• The title was changed to DiRTy Gossip
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was featured and unpinned
  • The topic was unpinned