Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

Recommended Posts

Oh boy, what I wouldn't give to have Rally Australia's old Western Australia (Perth and surrounding areas) location in the game. That would be a real treat considering I grew up here. My first thought on seeing that photo was Australia as well upon seeing the fences, skybox and dryness of the environment.

I wouldn't be able to give you an exact location though if it is Australia though because the trees are sending me for a loop at the moment since they don't immediately look like anything uniquely "West Aussie" currently. Plus the road surface initially looks a bit too sandy my liking for the kinds of gravel we often have here in the south-west of the state, regardless of if they are swept or not. Could just be the photo failing to capture the intricacies of the surface texture though, since I know some of our gravel is rather small in size.
Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
I think it would be really really cool to get a real dash as the HUD. A trip is a nice Rallystic touch, not a crappy odometer to see how many km your car has
I cant figure it out which car it is, is that an Escort WRC?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2WplgpSQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=zybowcriekcm

Manta 400 in Russell Brookes colours i would guess  :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35138806@N08/15259175163
Is that a new stage also?
Looks like Australia. 

Let's hope it includes Bunnings jump. Classic Colin footage there  o:)


Or Mineshaft?                                                     
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff
Malkael said:
Oh boy, what I wouldn't give to have Rally Australia's old Western Australia (Perth and surrounding areas) location in the game. That would be a real treat considering I grew up here. My first thought on seeing that photo was Australia as well upon seeing the fences, skybox and dryness of the environment.

I wouldn't be able to give you an exact location though if it is Australia though because the trees are sending me for a loop at the moment since they don't immediately look like anything uniquely "West Aussie" currently. Plus the road surface initially looks a bit too sandy my liking for the kinds of gravel we often have here in the south-west of the state, regardless of if they are swept or not. Could just be the photo failing to capture the intricacies of the surface texture though, since I know some of our gravel is rather small in size.
A lot of it makes me think of Millstream-Chichester, which then makes me nostalgically sigh.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Wasn't mineshaft in RBR? Probably wouldn't use it. I would hope for the classic ball bearing gravel stages of the old WRC Australia though. That picture may be another NZ stage since they appear to be using red dust areas of nz
Yeah, it was in RBR. I think it's a real stage though. So I'd like to try it in a more recent title. Got to love that insane jump.
Link to post
Share on other sites
CMMcBabe said:
Malkael said:
Oh boy, what I wouldn't give to have Rally Australia's old Western Australia (Perth and surrounding areas) location in the game. That would be a real treat considering I grew up here. My first thought on seeing that photo was Australia as well upon seeing the fences, skybox and dryness of the environment.

I wouldn't be able to give you an exact location though if it is Australia though because the trees are sending me for a loop at the moment since they don't immediately look like anything uniquely "West Aussie" currently. Plus the road surface initially looks a bit too sandy my liking for the kinds of gravel we often have here in the south-west of the state, regardless of if they are swept or not. Could just be the photo failing to capture the intricacies of the surface texture though, since I know some of our gravel is rather small in size.
A lot of it makes me think of Millstream-Chichester, which then makes me nostalgically sigh.
Ah, mentioning that sure brings back some childhood memories. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to get quite that far north again in WA for a while. The Pilbara and Kimberley regions of the state can be quite magical though, well recommend anyone taking the time to visit them. Have fortunately been among the Perth Hills and Wheatbelt more recently though when I'm not in the city, so pretty familiar with that landscape and its seasonal variations. Which when it is summer pretty much consistent of being as dry as a bone, haha.
Link to post
Share on other sites
I think it would be really really cool to get a real dash as the HUD. A trip is a nice Rallystic touch, not a crappy odometer to see how many km your car has
I cant figure it out which car it is, is that an Escort WRC?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2WplgpSQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=zybowcriekcm
HUD is one thing (I personally never use 2d HUD, I always rely on 3d cockpit dash) but UDP output would be also useful for Android HUD development (F1 uses one already, so maybe that could make it easier do).
Link to post
Share on other sites
SamRWD said:
I think it would be really really cool to get a real dash as the HUD. A trip is a nice Rallystic touch, not a crappy odometer to see how many km your car has
I cant figure it out which car it is, is that an Escort WRC?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2WplgpSQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=zybowcriekcm
HUD is one thing (I personally never use 2d HUD, I always rely on 3d cockpit dash) but UDP output would be also useful for Android HUD development (F1 uses one already, so maybe that could make it easier do).
UDP already works I believe. Did in both DR and D4. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
SamRWD said:
I think it would be really really cool to get a real dash as the HUD. A trip is a nice Rallystic touch, not a crappy odometer to see how many km your car has
I cant figure it out which car it is, is that an Escort WRC?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2WplgpSQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=zybowcriekcm
HUD is one thing (I personally never use 2d HUD, I always rely on 3d cockpit dash) but UDP output would be also useful for Android HUD development (F1 uses one already, so maybe that could make it easier do).
I think its there, or was in DR (never attempted in D4) but its rather basic.  I would like some Stage timing options and also Turbo boost gauge output.  
Link to post
Share on other sites
SamRWD said:
I think it would be really really cool to get a real dash as the HUD. A trip is a nice Rallystic touch, not a crappy odometer to see how many km your car has
I cant figure it out which car it is, is that an Escort WRC?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2WplgpSQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=zybowcriekcm
HUD is one thing (I personally never use 2d HUD, I always rely on 3d cockpit dash) but UDP output would be also useful for Android HUD development (F1 uses one already, so maybe that could make it easier do).
DR and D4 already do that. There's an app for that.
Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
bogani said:
I think it would be really really cool to get a real dash as the HUD. A trip is a nice Rallystic touch, not a crappy odometer to see how many km your car has
I cant figure it out which car it is, is that an Escort WRC?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bot2WplgpSQ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=zybowcriekcm

Manta 400 in Russell Brookes colours i would guess  :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/35138806@N08/15259175163
Is that a new stage also?
Looks like Australia. 

Let's hope it includes Bunnings jump. Classic Colin footage there  o:)


I'm guessing its either Argentina or using old D4 stages for testing, as much as I'd love AUS to be in this! Hopefuly in future :)
Emmm. You are aware that Australia is one of the 6 locations at release? 
In that case Google failed me alongside my laziness to remind myself properly. I shall exit quietly out of the side door.
Link to post
Share on other sites
juu1ius said:
Anyone else having trouble logging in via mobile? I accidentally signed out of my account and it wont let me sign back in!
Yeah I'm having this issue on mobile, can't sign in at all. Also had some trouble on the desktop version occasionally.
Same here, last two days i'm unable to login on Android.
 
I haven't been able to login in the Steam overlay for a few days.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff
Malkael said:
CMMcBabe said:
Malkael said:
Oh boy, what I wouldn't give to have Rally Australia's old Western Australia (Perth and surrounding areas) location in the game. That would be a real treat considering I grew up here. My first thought on seeing that photo was Australia as well upon seeing the fences, skybox and dryness of the environment.

I wouldn't be able to give you an exact location though if it is Australia though because the trees are sending me for a loop at the moment since they don't immediately look like anything uniquely "West Aussie" currently. Plus the road surface initially looks a bit too sandy my liking for the kinds of gravel we often have here in the south-west of the state, regardless of if they are swept or not. Could just be the photo failing to capture the intricacies of the surface texture though, since I know some of our gravel is rather small in size.
A lot of it makes me think of Millstream-Chichester, which then makes me nostalgically sigh.
Ah, mentioning that sure brings back some childhood memories. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to get quite that far north again in WA for a while. The Pilbara and Kimberley regions of the state can be quite magical though, well recommend anyone taking the time to visit them. Have fortunately been among the Perth Hills and Wheatbelt more recently though when I'm not in the city, so pretty familiar with that landscape and its seasonal variations. Which when it is summer pretty much consistent of being as dry as a bone, haha.
WA is gorgeous.  I travelled from Broome to Perth a few years ago and loved it.  Got off the plane in jeans in 40 degree temperature, that was horrible.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Now that @Kickup is not here around to answer questions.. i dont know who to ask.
About career mode, will we have teammate this time? (for team championship points)
and second about Livery editor, will we have more freedom? or if its same system, at least more pattern would be nice..
Link to post
Share on other sites
Not really gossip, but Petter Solberg testing the Polo R5 ahead of it's tarmac debut:



I know the differences in this model have already been mentioned, but I wonder if any of the returning R5's (specifically thinking of the Fiesta) will be tweaked for DR2.0? 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...