Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Neither the Puma nor the Evo WRC really fit IMO (unless there will be a '2000s' class after all), so I suspect it's just a shot of the very nice Subaru...
I'm not 100% certain, but I think his Evo is a Group N, not a WRC. 
I believe it's actually Group A. 

He owns a Lancer WRC as well though. He did before at least. 
Ah yeah, could be: I knew it wasn't a WRC, but wasn't sure if it was Group N, A or R4! 

I know he has used a Lancer WRC (an '04 or '05 I think?) in the past, but I don't know if he owned that? 

From the latest blog post:
"A huge thank you to everyone who took the time to upload their screenshots – we’ve loved seeing all of your wintry shots from every single angle, and we’re looking forward to hosting more of these competitions once DiRT Rally 2.0 comes out!"

Can we agree that having screenshot contests without a way to move the camera is a bit boring? I wonder if that's a clue for a photo mode.

Never realised that they still made Group A cars in the 2000s (after the Evo VI) to be honest.

Assuming it's the same model, was entered as an N, R and A at different times in life.

https://www.ewrc-results.com/plates/?plate=34581
https://www.ewrc-results.com/plates/?plate=31342
Group A still exists within the regulations now and, given that it applies to Production models, there is no reason why a Production model can't be moved between those three specifications. I would think that there are fewer events which include Group A though (and of course the list of production cars that can utilize the regulation, like Group N and R4, is getting shorter).

(If I remember rightly the Evo VI was the last Group A car homologated for the WRC). 

Oscar97 said:
"A huge thank you to everyone who took the time to upload their screenshots – we’ve loved seeing all of your wintry shots from every single angle, and we’re looking forward to hosting more of these competitions once DiRT Rally 2.0 comes out!"
SNOW CONFIRMED FOR DR2.0!

:mrgreen:

Jepsertti said:
Oscar97 said:

Photo mode for DR2.0?  

gfRally said:
Jepsertti said:
Oscar97 said:

Photo mode for DR2.0?  
I would like this very much. It can be a pain to get a good angle on the replay cameras alone. However, I doubt a photomode is in the works.

gfRally said:
Jepsertti said:
Oscar97 said:

Photo mode for DR2.0?  
I would like this very much. It can be a pain to get a good angle on the replay cameras alone. However, I doubt a photomode is in the works.
Paul did say a photomode was in the wishlist for D4 but didn't make the final cut, hopefully it did this time around. Photomode is present in both F1 2017 and F1 2018, if that means anything

So Monte Carlo Rally will have 6 different R5s on the entry list, how many will DR2 have on its.......?

https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries/52398-rallye-automobile-de-monte-carlo-2019/?cat=1018

(Also, the Mirage/Space Star is on Sweden's)
Fingers crossed for 7. The 4 from D4 plus VW, Citroen and Skoda. Absolutely dream list.