Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

And while I'm still feeling active enough to bother posting comments:

Where's the bugs thread? I've noticed that in onboard replay cams with the 306 Maxi, the game seems to overlap what appears to be the car's Wireframe model... I've only noticed it in the Maxi, though. none of the other cars I've driven thus far seem to do that.

789ifyz said:
Or they could decide to continue EA. I'm not sure what price they're aiming at for the final release, but judging by the tininess of the increases in price after the updates, I'd say there's probably still plenty of room for more content to be added before the game's ready for final release.

If they do decide to continue, I'm pretty sure we could have ourselves a couple more Hillclimbs as well as a tonne of not-yet-announced Rally content which would then make room for all the RX circuits whilst maintaining the balance between the three disciplines such that Rally is still the main focus and the Rallycross doesn't take over...

As far as I'm concerned, the game will be incomplete without the Safari Rally and full Mod Support anyway... and I'm quite certain they Codies don't really want to go down the paid DLC route right now, and I somehow doubt that decision will be changing any time soon.
I really don't mind Paying for DLC as long as it's worth it (maybe groups of 3 or more cars) and 1 track each, but keep it 1 month separated from launch and keep doing so for a few months after.  Like they have been doing in EA.  

to to me shows they are interested and invested in the game than moving quickly to the next title.  Again just as they are doing with EA.  

Yes Safari rally could and should be revisited! 

789ifyz said:
Where's the bugs thread? I've noticed that in onboard replay cams with the 306 Maxi, the game seems to overlap what appears to be the car's Wireframe model... I've only noticed it in the Maxi, though. none of the other cars I've driven thus far seem to do that.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5755/dirt-rally-how-to-report-a-bug#latest

Wait a sec... Why are the cars running on Thursday? :O

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/616578315399376896?s=09
I guess its for the DiRT team who are on location, Paul has been posting pictures on Instagram.
There's some sort of a media event? Do they have them before every event?

Hojles is a special weekend apparently and the weather is nice over there so why not :)

https://twitter.com/RallycrossWorld/status/616583080724271104?s=09

What if Paul or Lee get a passenger ride......... 

I hate being in the dark again :( hope @GentleNameMVB finds out some decent gossip for us, and you know actually tells us too :)

Haha! You know that will be tough... @justbiglee can be very articulate with his threats and I don't want to lose my VIP badge on RaceNet and dirtgame.com ... :tongue: 

I now regret not travelling to Sweden earlier - I'll have a tough journey to make from Oslo to Holjes between midnight and 9am... I'm hoping the sound of the Supercars will wake me up once I get there! :D

I'm also missing some sort of a BBQ on the track on Friday (http://www.finnskogamk.se/) - is this the big thing @justbiglee was touting? Is the trophy for the best burger which makes use of IKEA lingonberry jam?  ...

EDIT:
Paul just pointed out something I didn't spot... I thought he was referring to Norwegian/Swedish youngster RX fans as Solbergs, but the boys in photo are Petter's and Henning's sons ;]

I now regret not travelling to Sweden earlier
Sweden's overrated. It's just warm and full of mosquitos. It's also warm. I suffer.
But its also home to one of, if not the best rallycross track in the world: so the above points are all moot.

(I fully sympathize though: I don't cope well in heat either!)

Azoresst said:
"WorldRX update" @GentleNameMVB 
Yes, #WorldRX is in there :) Somehow missed it :P Then it's tweeted from their account so it doesn't get much more official :)

But from a track environment point of I think the track should have those RX logos and banners. Unless, Monster threw loads of cash at Codies :)

If Monster drinks are so keen to be so visible I'm sure they were keen on Solberg's livery on a Citroen DS3 :)

Azoresst said:
"WorldRX update" @GentleNameMVB 
Yes, #WorldRX is in there :) Somehow missed it :P Then it's tweeted from their account so it doesn't get much more official :)

But from a track environment point of I think the track should have those RX logos and banners. Unless, Monster threw loads of cash at Codies :)

If Monster drinks are so keen to be so visible I'm sure they were keen on Solberg's livery on a Citroen DS3 :)
Maybe the license contract just allowed CM to put Monster logos on it...

Boooom first screenshots of Holjes with plenty of Monster branding! But can't see any FIA World RX logos

https://twitter.com/FIAWorldRX/status/616614208696909824?s=09
Temptation to go to PC World after work, buy a new PC and download DiRT Rally: HIGH.

SO. MUCH. WANT.