Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
6 minutes ago, dani211212 said:

Dirt Rally did have VR and was using EGO3, the F1 series uses EGO4

Hey! Actually there is no such thing as EGO 4.0 apparently according to Codies. Basically EGO 4.0 = EGO3 and no one knows about the previous engine versions. I hope this clears it up 🙂

Here is the whole conversation: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/10381-ego-40-engine-details/

Edited by UP100
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
4 minutes ago, dani211212 said:
"The 'All New EGO engine' is EGO 3.

Again, not sure exactly what the sources are for some of the stuff linked here, but I assure you they are not entirely accurate! Does it really matter what number is on the end anyway? The important thing is: F1 2015 used a new engine, and the next game will use that same engine."
-Britpoint, Codies employee

 

"F1 uses Ego 3 and will continue to do so. I think when he's talking about Ego 4 in that article he means 3.

DX12 support is something that will be coming on PC once it's ready but that involves a lot of third parties to do things as well as us updating the game so there is no release date at present.
" -Lozzy, Codies employee (Former?)

 

That is literally in your link... Anyways now you understand that my post's EGO3 means what you see as EGO 4.0 🙂 Hopefully I didn't come up as too harsh!

Edited by UP100
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Hey! Actually there is no such thing as EGO 4.0 apparently according to Codies. Basically EGO 4.0 = EGO3 and no one knows about the previous engine versions. I hope this clears it up 🙂

Here is the whole conversation: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/10381-ego-40-engine-details/

Ohhh shiiiiiiii, this is getting deep.

 

 

On another note. I think it's time for our DLC 1 locations predictions.

 

I'm saying :

 

Ireland

Wales

Sweden

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Ohhh shiiiiiiii, this is getting deep.

 

 

On another note. I think it's time for our DLC 1 locations predictions.

 

I'm saying :

 

Ireland

Wales

Sweden

 

yes, i can't agree more.

 

Ireland : the hints

Wales : nearly everyones favourite

Sweden : because snow

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Sweden

Wales

Ireland (hopeful)

Finland (more likely)

 

I do hope we get new stages from the returning locations though

Yea Ideally one extra stage or one replaced stage per location that we get back. But I don't mind. 9 rallies a couple of months after release has me pretty damn happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

personally i would like in the first dlc:

corsica

montecarlo

finland

 

one question:

the tracks in the two seasons  (2x  3 locations) will all be about rally only  ?  that  would be fantastic!!! 😍

It looks like the first season will have exclusive rally content (confirmed), and season 2 will be exclusive RX content.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

personally i would like in the first dlc:

corsica

montecarlo

finland

 

one question:

the tracks in the two seasons  (2x  3 locations) will all be about rally only  ?  that  would be fantastic!!! 😍

I think as season 1 will be all rally the second season will be all RX

 

EDIT: oof I was too slow

Edited by KingOfCoins
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rallystu2 said:

Yea Ideally one extra stage or one replaced stage per location that we get back. But I don't mind. 9 rallies a couple of months after release has me pretty damn happy.

I still think the amount of effort it would take to update the old stages to the current standard would be the same effort as building new ones. The only difference would be new stages might need scouting, and also new pacenotes

  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...