Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, teknoid85 said:

i like it even if it's the hatchback ,  and 2001 subaru will be added so don't worry 😉

Well my two least favourite Impreza WRCars are the S14 and S7: and those are the two that have made it into the game! 😂

Hopefully more might come in later seasons! 

9 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

So it should be S2 DLC with :

- 4 RX Group B

- Bennet's mini

- 2001 Impreza

+ RX tracks.

Still no hyundaï.

:classic_biggrin:

I might be reading too much into it, but Christina saying that the 2001 Impreza would come in "another season", rather than "in season two", makes me think it might follow later. 

I'm also not sure about the four Group B cars either. I wonder if it will be a pair of Group B RX cars, two modern Supercars (one of which is the MINI) and perhaps two Group B RWD cars (Lancia 037 and Porsche 911 SC RS)? 

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ruben Correa Alves said:

I like how Christina posts something here on the forums, then she also posts it on Discord and then members go ahead and post screenshots here from the Discord post. 😄

well I tend to have the discord open on a different monitor more than I have the forums up and refreshed, so I transcribe big things quickly without reading =P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gfRally said:

Isn’t there also a problem with his age in most of Europe for driving transits?  

 

So it does make sense to drive here since at 16 you can drive on any road in the US.

Yeah, Oliver has been using a Latvian loophole for some events!

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi team! So, there's been a bit of confusion over which Impreza's going to be in the Season One pack. After double and triple checking, I can confirm that it is the 2008 Subaru Impreza coming in Week 9. We were right in the first place, the correction was wrong - it's the one piloted by Petter Solberg in the top flight international rally championship 11 years ago.

However, because of the boo-boo, I'm allowed to tell you this: there was only confusion because we'll be bringing the 2001 Impreza to the game in another Season. 😉 

Sorry again! The good news is, we know to double and triple check before publishing/amending lists now... 

Awesome, I played DiRT 2 from start to end with that car back in the day, hoping for the same liveries to be present as well.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChristinaMc said:

Hi team! So, there's been a bit of confusion over which Impreza's going to be in the Season One pack. After double and triple checking, I can confirm that it is the 2008 Subaru Impreza coming in Week 9. We were right in the first place, the correction was wrong - it's the one piloted by Petter Solberg in the top flight international rally championship 11 years ago.

However, because of the boo-boo, I'm allowed to tell you this: there was only confusion because we'll be bringing the 2001 Impreza to the game in another Season. 😉 

Sorry again! The good news is, we know to double and triple check before publishing/amending lists now... 

YES! Praying for the Ford Focus 2001 to come along with its long time partner in DiRT Rally Subaru Impreza 2001 😄

This also means we'll have 3 cars of the modern era 2007-2010 now, instead of just 2. That should give some more hype.

 

There's also another 2008 Subaru, the long one. So I guess we'll have to wait and see. I dont remember Petter driving the hatchback, Marcus Gronholm did drive on in his private team.

Resultado de imagem para 2008 Subaru Impreza WRC

Edited by AIPacino
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, AIPacino said:

YES! Praying for the Ford Focus 2001 to come along with its long time partner in DiRT Rally Subaru Impreza 2001 😄

This also means we'll have 3 cars of the modern era 2007-2010 now, instead of just 2. That should give some more hype.

 

There's also another 2008 Subaru, the long one. So I guess we'll have to wait and see. I dont remember Petter driving the hatchback, Marcus Gronholm did drive on in his private team.

Resultado de imagem para 2008 Subaru Impreza WRC

That's the 2007 season car (the S12b), the S14 wasn't ready in time for the opening rounds.  

Solberg drove the hatchback (S14) later in the 2008 season. Atkinson used a modified S12b in 2008 (the infamous S12c), then switched to an S14 later in the season. 

It was supposed to have been McRae driving in 2008, makes you wonder what would have happened to SWRT if he hadn't died in 2007. 

Edited by tbtstt
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AIPacino said:

YES! Praying for the Ford Focus 2001 to come along with its long time partner in DiRT Rally Subaru Impreza 2001 😄

This also means we'll have 3 cars of the modern era 2007-2010 now, instead of just 2. That should give some more hype.

 

There's also another 2008 Subaru, the long one. So I guess we'll have to wait and see. I dont remember Petter driving the hatchback, Marcus Gronholm did drive on in his private team.

Resultado de imagem para 2008 Subaru Impreza WRC

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to burst your bubble about Solberg & the 2008 Impreza there friend

tw_a_5_solbergp_1.jpg

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Yeah its the hatchback, the hawkeye has a 2007 plate.

The last three S12b's built by Prodrive didn't see action until 2008, so you could maybe say they were 2008 cars...

...I think that is clutching at straws though: the 2008 is surely the hatchback!

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

The last three S12b's built by Prodrive didn't see action until 2008, so you could maybe say they were 2008 cars...

...I think that is clutching at straws though: the 2008 is surely the hatchback!

I would think officially you'd have to call them the 2007 model, if you have 2 different Imprezas as 2008 you'd just confuse people lol. '57 plate goes to the end of February as well I believe so there is a bit of overlap

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

The last three S12b's built by Prodrive didn't see action until 2008, so you could maybe say they were 2008 cars...

...I think that is clutching at straws though: the 2008 is surely the hatchback!

I'm guessing some of it's down to that they pretty much already have it modeled from DR and can use that as a base? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

I'm glad to see a new Subaru appear in the game but unfortunately the Impreza S14 is probably my least favourite Impreza WRC. And not that highly-requested by the community if I remember correctly. 😅 

Yeah, I am trying not to be negative about it (especially when Christina has run around to get us the answers), but I think the S14 is the least requested Impreza as well! 

Still, nice to have another more modern WRCar in game. 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bogani said:

I'm guessing some of it's down to that they pretty much already have it modeled from DR and can use that as a base? 

Hmmm, I'm not sure on that. The R4 is aesthetically and mechanically different, plus it sounds quite different. They can use the wing from before though! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...