Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

54 minutes ago, paint21 said:

On the german Wikipedia it says paddles where banned in ´11 and unbanned in 15 i think ?

Can't confirm the years but I know the paddles were banned for some years. I believe it got banned when 2000cc ended in 2010 and it got to 1600cc in 2011, so that might be correct.

I hope someday we can see the upgrade back to 2000cc. Imagine how much power that would be, given that with a 1600cc the manufacturers are already able to extract 380HP. We could have horsepower close to the Group B and the 2000cc noise is so much better.

25 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Can't confirm the years but I know the paddles were banned for some years. I believe it got banned when 2000cc ended in 2010 and it got to 1600cc in 2011, so that might be correct.

I hope someday we can see the upgrade back to 2000cc. Imagine how much power that would be, given that with a 1600cc the manufacturers are already able to extract 380HP. We could have horsepower close to the Group B and the 2000cc noise is so much better.

As world rallycross will go full electic 2020, maybee that is the next step for the WRC cars also 😄

https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/134257/world-rx-to-make-electric-switch-for-2020

Edited by mirk1983
12 minutes ago, mirk1983 said:

As world rallycross will go full electic 2020, maybee that is the next step for the WRC cars also 😄

https://www.autosport.com/wrx/news/134257/world-rx-to-make-electric-switch-for-2020

For now, i think hybrid is the only possible solution, full electric would be impossible without dramatic changes to the current WRC format

• Agree 3
Just now, Rallystu2 said:

Yep I'm particularly looking forward to reviewers referring to stage runs as 'laps'. And getting the stage degradation system wrong.

Quote for truth. 

Hopefully somewhere out there a reviewer with a sense of sim racing can give us some good views. I know Jimmy Broadbent has a video ready to go. 

On 2/16/2019 at 2:15 PM, Riggs said:

Another meme for my memefolio 😄 thanks

Does anyone know if there's going to be a Steam preload a few days earlier as well, like in PSN?

There will be pre-load options on all platforms - as soon as I get an ETA on when it will be available for each platform, I'll let you know. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5