Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

the only track that feels weird to me in RX is mettet.................................................     just don't know where the hell i  should drive 😆

The only real disappointment with the game for me so far: every other track in game seems spot on, I can't understand why none of the gradients seem right in Mettet. 

Off topic, but has anyone seen the latest news from Ken Block?

52696121_10156204190305765_1498811404390

90's Group A meets modern WRC. I can't wait to see what this looks like!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

The only real disappointment with the game for me so far: every other track in game seems spot on, I can't understand why none of the gradients seem right in Mettet. 

Off topic, but has anyone seen the latest news from Ken Block?

52696121_10156204190305765_1498811404390

90's Group A meets modern WRC. I can't wait to see what this looks like!

He's already had one but crashed it and it burnt to a crisp:

 

 

18hoon_cossiesshot-1_v1a_kb_srgb_flat_halfres-display.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

He's already had one but crashed it and it burnt to a crisp:

18hoon_cossiesshot-1_v1a_kb_srgb_flat_halfres-display.jpg

Yeah, it got mentioned in his "Gymkhana Files" series and he discusses the crash in the video that accompanied the image I posted. Apparently it was the fault of the (rather rare) gearbox. 

I wonder if this is his third EscCos, or if the "art car" (in the background of the photo) was used for this. 

Shame he didn't bring another Group A car back to the stages, but the blend of the old and new sounds awesome on paper! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SergeyTokarev said:

Man, it's quite depressing to see so many negative user reviews on steam and metacritic. Hopefully they won't be able to damage game sales a lot.

It's sad because it'll be a great game when it's finished and the first is one of my favourite games ever, but they must having seen this backlash coming. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SergeyTokarev said:

Man, it's quite depressing to see so many negative user reviews on steam and metacritic. Hopefully they won't be able to damage game sales a lot.

it's todays world, people like to rant, even if it's unnecesssary...........  just watch people on tv-shows or on facebook 😂

btw, i don't think sales would be damaged by some "untrusty" rewiews, i think they would be more damaged if they allow to play  careermode offline

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, it got mentioned in his "Gymkhana Files" series and he discusses the crash in the video that accompanied the image I posted. Apparently it was the fault of the (rather rare) gearbox. 

I wonder if this is his third EscCos, or if the "art car" (in the background of the photo) was used for this. 

Shame he didn't bring another Group A car back to the stages, but the blend of the old and new sounds awesome on paper! 

I've still not watched that, keep meaning to! Who knows. as much as I think his car looks dope, I hope they aren't "bastardising" too many originals. I don't even know how many are still in the wild lol

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I've still not watched that, keep meaning to! Who knows. as much as I think his car looks dope, I hope they aren't "bastardising" too many originals. I don't even know how many are still in the wild lol

Yeah, that's why I am hoping he has chopped up the "art" car and not a genuine Group A EscCos. 

I thought Gymkhana Files was excellent: watching them making Gymkhana 10 was far more entertaining than the actual film! (Though I'd say you're doing it the right way round watching the making of after seeing Gym 10).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I agree. I was not a huge fan of Ken Block before Gymkhana Files, I must say.

But, this movie made me fall in love with his project. He is so passionate.

Well, I know, you can show what you want in a movie. But I have the feeling that we saw a real human behind the Ken Block star.

I look forward to see what's coming this afternoon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team

Quick note: Ken Block is a Forza ambassador, and his Hoonigan cars are likely exclusive to the Forza franchice (most of them are in Forza Horizon 4)

 

I saw a video last night and he seems to be doing a world tour of rallies in his new Cosworth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Yep, I agree. I was not a huge fan of Ken Block before Gymkhana Files, I must say.

But, this movie made me fall in love with his project. He is so passionate.

Well, I know, you can show what you want in a movie. But I have the feeling that we saw a real human behind the Ken Block star.

I look forward to see what's coming this afternoon.

Ken has come across as a humble dude, he's never been a guy who tries too hard or thinks he's a great driver. He's a guy who's earn't his money and is enjoying his passion, something 99% of us could only dream of. He gets hated on by jealous internet trolls with nothing better to do.

Fun fact, when I went to watch the World RX Championship at Lydden Hill and he wasn't racing at the time, I saw Ken standing on his own next to the track for quite some time just watching the racing. I didn't see any other drivers around doing the same, maybe for other reasons but he just looked like he was enjoying himself.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Quick note: Ken Block is a Forza ambassador, and his Hoonigan cars are likely exclusive to the Forza franchice (most of them are in Forza Horizon 4)

 

I saw a video last night and he seems to be doing a world tour of rallies in his new Cosworth.

Yeah, some rallies and some shows (including Goodwood Fos). Here it is with the lights on...

52864562_10157240410459973_7435443044918

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

Fun fact, when I went to watch the World RX Championship at Lydden Hill and he wasn't racing at the time, I saw Ken standing on his own next to the track for quite some time just watching the racing. I didn't see any other drivers around doing the same, maybe for other reasons but he just looked like he was enjoying himself.

He did the same when he totalled his Fiesta on Rally PT. Just stayed there with the crowd enjoying the rally and seeing the other guys. Fantastic block all around. And, I must say I quite like his cars... they're different in a good kind of way

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

He did the same when he totalled his Fiesta on Rally PT. Just stayed there with the crowd enjoying the rally and seeing the other guys. Fantastic block all around. And, I must say I quite like his cars... they're different in a good kind of way

His liveries are very out there and most would say obnoxious but I just love them. Whoever the graphic designer is does a fantastic job

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Bonus points to Ken for the continued use of turbofans...

...side and rear exhausts seem a bit much though!

I just see it as another source of fire spitting 😉

Edited by SirPhilMcKraken
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

His liveries are very out there and most would say obnoxious but I just love them. Whoever the graphic designer is does a fantastic job

Bit on the livery design (and some more angles of the car) in this video: 
 

 

29 minutes ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I just see it as another source of fire spitting 😉

Seems like the consequence of having a designer rather than an engineer put the render of the car together to me...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirPhilMcKraken said:

I've still not watched that, keep meaning to! Who knows. as much as I think his car looks dope, I hope they aren't "bastardising" too many originals. I don't even know how many are still in the wild lol

he basically takes a bad line hits a rock crashes and burns out a very well known escort cossie. then watches as its on fire with co driver inside. then blames the gearbox when you see as clear as day why he crashed he took a bad line hit a rock. its the dodgy gear box your honor 😂 prays for this cossie.

 

 

Edited by dgeesi0
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Bit on the livery design (and some more angles of the car) in this video: 
 

 

Seems like the consequence of having a designer rather than an engineer put the render of the car together to me...

This video is great! I'm also apparently the 10,000th viewer which is quite satisfying lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...