Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, cmMikeRobson said:

Don't forget that WRC cars in the 00's were allowed electronic differentials. The Skoda has fully active, whilst the Citroen C4 has an electronic centre diff.

Yeah. Made the cars phenomenally quick, but rather undramatic to watch. 

I was very dubious when they confirmed that the 2017 WRCars would be running active centre diffs as I was afraid it would make them dull to watch: thankfully that wasn't the case!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So, this isn’t a big deal, but I’m curious as to why the up to 2000ccs are listed before Group B 4WD and Group A in the car lists. The car list almost goes 60’s, 70’s, 80’s like before, natural progression of the improving technologies, but in this game, the up to 2000ccs are placed right after the RWD cars. They definitely weren’t where I expected them to be. Like I said, not a big deal and the up to 2000ccs will almost always be my favourite car class, but odd placement in the list on this game. 

Edited by tharding67
Typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw, completely unrelated to the DLC. But do we miss some weather effects from DR1 and D4.

I do miss the fog option. In DiRT 4 it could also be different during the stage. That you went from no fog to very heavy fog. These dynamic weather effect and fog seem to be missing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW3iIGRGLaw

It seems in DR2.0 the settings of the weather have been more limited in both dynamic and settings way.
001.png.c5b9b32650bdda1e8583997c2d2a90bd.png
002.png.b0844656b9d91ae7cd8065ee3f3a7fa1.png

 

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well season 1 is out with no fixes to FFB or career wet/night stages.  I haven't played since a couple days after release because of these issues.  Has anyone found any wheel settings for a G29 that give you some sort of feel with the FFB and doesn't fight you on counter steering?  On PC.

Edited by griev0r
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, griev0r said:

Well season 1 is out with no fixes to FFB or career wet/night stages.  I haven't played since a couple days after release because of these issues.  Has anyone found any wheel settings for a G29 that give you some sort of feel with the FFB and doesn't fight you on counter steering?  On PC.

i have g29 and have  modified the  devicedefines.xml  in the folder INPUT ,have you done that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, teknoid85 said:

i have g29 and have  modified the  devicedefines.xml  in the folder INPUT ,have you done that?

I have not, I thought that was only for Thrustmaster wheels.  Could you post what to change and also in-game settings after making the xml adjustments?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, griev0r said:

I have not, I thought that was only for Thrustmaster wheels.  Could you post what to change and also in-game settings after making the xml adjustments?

 

device_defines.xml

 

i set ffb force to 4.0  and  ffb friction to 1.5

sat  to 60

wheel friction 25

suspension 40

collision 20

Edited by teknoid85
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Btw, completely unrelated to the DLC. But do we miss some weather effects from DR1 and D4.

I do miss the fog option. In DiRT 4 it could also be different during the stage. That you went from no fog to very heavy fog. These dynamic weather effect and fog seem to be missing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW3iIGRGLaw

It seems in DR2.0 the settings of the weather have been more limited in both dynamic and settings way.
001.png.c5b9b32650bdda1e8583997c2d2a90bd.png
002.png.b0844656b9d91ae7cd8065ee3f3a7fa1.png

 

They took more features out than that they put in.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

Btw, completely unrelated to the DLC. But do we miss some weather effects from DR1 and D4.

I do miss the fog option. In DiRT 4 it could also be different during the stage. That you went from no fog to very heavy fog. These dynamic weather effect and fog seem to be missing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW3iIGRGLaw

It seems in DR2.0 the settings of the weather have been more limited in both dynamic and settings way.
001.png.c5b9b32650bdda1e8583997c2d2a90bd.png
002.png.b0844656b9d91ae7cd8065ee3f3a7fa1.png

 

That was one of the best features in D4. It gave you the opportunity to run any stage at any time and possibly create weather scenarios on the different legs. Is that not the case anymore? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

hopefully timetrials does get tweaked and you get any weather any location time of day. just like dirt rally 1 had. boggles my mind why it wasnt in from the start tbh.

To be fair all the times and weathers were all lumped in as one leaderboard back then, now its separate.

What's not ok is not including global leaderboards in career and dailies so you can see how you stack up to the top runs. And your creepy mannequin picture isn't helping my rage.

Edited by Cortextual
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

To be fair all the times and weathers were all lumped in as one leaderboard back then, now its separate.

What's not ok is not including global leaderboards in career and dailies so you can see how you stack up to the top runs. And your creepy mannequin picture isn't helping my rage.

I get global leader boards for community challenges?

I'm on PS4 so I only see names for people with a PS4, everyone else is just called 'Dirt Player' but I can see their times.

I know the names are PS4 players because it allows me to see their PSN profile and games/tophies etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DozUK said:

I get global leader boards for community challenges?

I'm on PS4 so I only see names for people with a PS4, everyone else is just called 'Dirt Player' but I can see their times.

I know the names are PS4 players because it allows me to see their PSN profile and games/tophies etc

I mean being able to look at the time trial leaderboards as well as the daily times though, is this the case? I've only actually done like one daily cos I've been upgrading cars n stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

I mean being able to look at the time trial leaderboards as well as the daily times though, is this the case? I've only actually done like one daily cos I've been upgrading cars n stuff.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean sorry?

If I do a community challenge event (Daily/weekly/monthly), I can see global leaderboards for that stage/event. I cannot see the Freeplay time trial leaderboards for the same track from that screen.

I can see how I compare cross platform for the community event that I have just driven (Doesn't make for good reading mind)

Out of curiosity, what is your priority, buying cars or upgrading engineer skills?

At the moment I have a balance of buying a car that I like, driving it and upgrading it whilst balancing engineer upgrades

Edited by DozUK
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cortextual said:

To be fair all the times and weathers were all lumped in as one leaderboard back then, now its separate.

What's not ok is not including global leaderboards in career and dailies so you can see how you stack up to the top runs. And your creepy mannequin picture isn't helping my rage.

what i mean is you cant just go into timetrails do sunset for eg. we have lost what basically we had before now we have two options of what we can run in time trials. many people just play time trails.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgeesi0 said:

what i mean is you cant just go into timetrails do sunset for eg. we have lost what basically we had before now we have two options of what we can run in time trials. many people just play time trails.

Yea I get what you mean I'm saying if there were a bunch of conditions to choose from would they have to add leaderboards for each of them. Night time runs would be slower for instance, like wet ones are, though probably not in the end. I guess they assume people in time trial would just want optimal conditions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cortextual said:

I mean if I do a stage in a daily, or in career, I'd like to be able to look and see how it compares to the fastest times ever done on that stage.

Ok, you can see the fastest time done on that stage within that challenge period whilst driving that challenge. 

For instance, if 2000 people have run that challenge, you will see where you place globally against those 2000 times. The fact that TT may have 10000 times is irrelevent, these runs are not part of the challenge and therefore not compared too.  

If you want to see this, I would just run the TT's instead of community challenges, although you wouldn't get the cash!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DozUK said:

Ok, you can see the fastest time done on that stage within that challenge period whilst driving that challenge. 

For instance, if 2000 people have run that challenge, you will see where you place globally against those 2000 times. The fact that TT may have 10000 times is irrelevent, these runs are not part of the challenge and therefore not compared too.  

If you want to see this, I would just run the TT's instead of community challenges, although you wouldn't get the cash!

It was present in Dirt Rally though and was a feature I liked, it made everything feel connected. If people don't care to look, I understand that too, they wouldn't have to. 

Actually any time you set anywhere in the first game was put on the leaderboards, that's what felt connected, and also made career or custom a fun way to set some times and also make some cash, no way to do that now. 

Edited by Cortextual
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cortextual said:

It was present in Dirt Rally though and was a feature I liked, it made everything feel connected. If people don't care to look, I understand that too, they wouldn't have to. 

I see what you mean, maybe it's possible in this game to have community event with different conditions than exist for leaderboards? I haven't been through all leaderboards yet, is there a TT leaderboard for ever combination of time/weather etc? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...