Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by CMPJTierney

 

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I wouldn't want to see huge amounts of resources committed to it (and I don't care about all the "block smashing" and time trials and all that), I'd just like to see them bring the basic (plain) environment back from DiRT 4.

Yeah, time trial is really good for working on lap times, but there just isn't room on any of the stages to play around with the cars. 

The block smashes are actually a pretty fun distraction and another good way to learn car control. It'd be really neat if they had some sort of editor so you could layout your own tracks and obstacles and share them on the workshop or something. Just having the empty area is fun for a few minutes but gets boring pretty quick.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

The block smashes are actually a pretty fun distraction and another good way to learn car control. It'd be really neat if they had some sort of editor so you could layout your own tracks and obstacles and share them on the workshop or something. Just having the empty area is fun for a few minutes but gets boring pretty quick.

Yep, some of that block smashing is good as well. It was kinda Gymkhana Sprint from DiRT 3 at Battersea. It combines fun and learning to control the car at the same time 🙂

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the millionth time, licensing has two (2) parts.

1) agreement to allow something.

2) monies to be paid before they allow *thing*

 

Just because something existed in a previous version of the game, doesn't mean it was cut if it isn't in the new version (read DR -> DR2) this *especially* applies to anything licensing.

 

TLDR; if things appear in game later it's because the license fees were paid.  Guess what, we buy those things in game and that pays for the licensing!

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

The block smashes are actually a pretty fun distraction and another good way to learn car control. It'd be really neat if they had some sort of editor so you could layout your own tracks and obstacles and share them on the workshop or something. Just having the empty area is fun for a few minutes but gets boring pretty quick.

Yeah, despite saying that I am not bothered by their return I know I'd play through them all to get golds! As you say, it's another way to improve car control...

...sometimes though, I just want to drive flat out and do some unnecessary big slides! 

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tbtstt said:

sometimes though, I just want to drive flat out and do some unnecessary big slides! 

Who doesn't? 

And that's where the open area would come into play, because trying to get that HUUGE slide in a stage surrounded by trees is most likely not going to end up well... At least in my experience 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dirt 4 had some things it did really well. I don't know, I'm probably a bit autistic, but for me the feeling of driving a car with your own livery and sponsors of your choosing through a 150 km-long rally of randomly generated stages with beautiful, variable weather conditions was spot on. I didn't even care about the repetitiveness.

I also miss the ability to clean your car and conduct inspections before making repairs.

Also, Nicky Grist.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Playstation 4 Pro Gamer

First of all many thanks for the new update. But please, Codis, makes the same exposure in all views. In the external view, everything is too blind. many Greetings

Cockpit View and Outside View

 

2019-03-23 20.41.16.jpg

2019-03-23 20.42.38.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, danielofifi said:

I don't know, I'm probably a bit autistic, but for me the feeling of driving a car with your own livery and sponsors of your choosing through a 150 km-long rally of randomly generated stages with beautiful, variable weather conditions was spot on. I didn't even care about the repetitiveness.

I also miss the ability to clean your car and conduct inspections before making repairs.

1000x this, though I never cleaned the car. mud/snow/dust all the way.

DR 2.0 has only daytime, sunset, dusk, and night (which has light in the sky or on the horizon? it's weird.) 4 had every time of day, and more weather conditions, each of which could come in at any time of day, which made doing longer events more immersive.

Edited by ianism
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tony79 said:

Playstation 4 Pro Gamer

First of all many thanks for the new update. But please, Codis, makes the same exposure in all views. In the external view, everything is too blind. many Greetings

Cockpit View and Outside View

 

2019-03-23 20.41.16.jpg

2019-03-23 20.42.38.jpg

What would be truly lovely would be a bloom adjustment slider on the consoles 🙂

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ianism said:

4 had every time of day, and more weather conditions, each of which could come in at any time of day, which made doing longer events more immersive.

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like during the 'dusk' events in DR2 the lighting actually goes down closer to end of stage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BloodCat said:

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like during the 'dusk' events in DR2 the lighting actually goes down closer to end of stage.

yes, same, but I suspect it's mostly just me knocking out the headlights gradually lol

but seriously, even if you're right it's still not enough honestly.

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a while since my last post and I'm not in the mood to go through over 50 pages so my apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.

I was wondering if CM recorded the sound of the Skoda Fabia WRC? I'm not entirely convinced they did.

If it isn't the case, are there plans to do it and add it in one of the patches?

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

It's been a while since my last post and I'm not in the mood to go through over 50 pages so my apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.

I was wondering if CM recorded the sound of the Skoda Fabia WRC? I'm not entirely convinced they did.

If it isn't the case, are there plans to do it and add it in one of the patches?

  

They haven't. It's a Focus 2007 placeholder with some mix. But Jon stated they were looking for one to record.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

It's been a while since my last post and I'm not in the mood to go through over 50 pages so my apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.

I was wondering if CM recorded the sound of the Skoda Fabia WRC? I'm not entirely convinced they did.

If it isn't the case, are there plans to do it and add it in one of the patches?

  

It's not, it's a modified Focus 2007 sound.

 

Apparently the Fabia WRC they had lined up to record was sold to a new owner before they were able to get the sample so they're looking for another ATM.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
2 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

Why not do it like Polyphony Digital and just record a hairdryer?

 

1 hour ago, dani211212 said:

it was  vacuum cleaner

Also, that joke became far less relevant after the release of Gran Turismo Sport. Forza Motorsport 7 on the other hand has seen some unusual changes in engine audio quality compared to previous titles.

—————

Found this on Reddit :classic_happy:

https://reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/b533ja/hi_i_made_this_delta_s4_pattern_hope_you_like_it/

 

0345CEFF-F53B-4FCC-8A9B-3B105EBAD380.thumb.jpeg.c43528201f99e2dee1d94843db446ddc.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

Why not do it like Polyphony Digital and just record a hairdryer?

The greatest audio sin of Polyphony thus far was attaching the most bland engine sound on file to the E2 quattro!

I am glad they have made big audio improvements in GT Sport. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

 

Also, that joke became far less relevant after the release of Gran Turismo Sport. Forza Motorsport 7 on the other hand has seen some unusual changes in engine audio quality compared to previous titles.

—————

Found this on Reddit :classic_happy:

https://reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/b533ja/hi_i_made_this_delta_s4_pattern_hope_you_like_it/

 

0345CEFF-F53B-4FCC-8A9B-3B105EBAD380.thumb.jpeg.c43528201f99e2dee1d94843db446ddc.jpeg

Well, the tiling in that isn't actually tiled properly. Was gonna make it "wider" but copying and aligning doesn't quite work. Not consistent spacing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...