Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Social Media & Community Team
2 hours ago, SquadBruce said:

I was running Top 20 on PS4 with no upgrades but no idea where i ended up in the end! 

 

Glad to see its not just me that has switched to single platform leaderboards!

I check the Multi-Platform boards if I top the Xbox board, but if I can’t make #1 on that there’s no point in looking at even faster times 😏

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DocStrangelove said:

That moment you realise you've got to finish the weekly AI challenge tonight but you've had 5 pints.

That moment you realise it's Australia in the Datsun.

That moment you realise you f'cked up your car so badly that you're starting a night stage without any lights.

That moment you **** it up so badly that you go down to #22 in the event.

That moment after two stage wins with broken un-upgraded engine, spending most of them upside down, when you realise you're on #5 again.

That moment after the last stage when Mills tells you you won the event.

That moment you realise you've had 6 pints now but you still have to do some dailies. Because reasons. And it's Poland. Wet. Rally GT. Of course it has to be the 911, because reasons.

That moment you realise you somehow made it to top tier even though you spent half of it backwards.

That moment you realise you made it to 2nd tier in an un-upgraded NR4 Subaru even though you spent half of the time conscious.

That moment you realise you made it to 2nd tier in the crosskart daily because... no idea why.

That moment you felt like God in the last daily with the Group A Subaru and you realise you finished in the middle.

Love this game \o/ but I wish they didn't force me to do online events while drunk!

Drunk rally games are best rally games... It's so rewarding to nail a section even though in reality, you just barely survived it

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Do, do people actually drive sober? I couldn't even imagine trying to do my dailies without a few beers in me, only way to calm the nerves and get my head on straight!

I prefer herbal remedies myself, but I fully agree with you about being intoxicated- otherwise I am shaking like a s**ting dog by the time the finish line rolls around.

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
30 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Do, do people actually drive sober? I couldn't even imagine trying to do my dailies without a few beers in me, only way to calm the nerves and get my head on straight!

Sometimes when I'm driving (always sober :classic_wink:) my mind wanders and I start thinking about totally-non-racing things, normally happens when I'm at complete ease with the car. At that point I'm essentially on "autopilot" until I hit a bad bump.

In Forza I've won Multiplayer races while on "autopilot", strange feeling when the race is over: "What just happened? oh, I won."

In DiRT Rally 2.0 I've had it a few times, normally ends badly 2km down the road :classic_laugh:

  • Haha 3
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Sometimes when I'm driving (always sober :classic_wink:) my mind wanders and I start thinking about totally-non-racing things, normally happens when I'm at complete ease with the car. At that point I'm essentially on "autopilot" until I hit a bad bump.

In Forza I've won Multiplayer races while on "autopilot", strange feeling when the race is over: "What just happened? oh, I won."

In DiRT Rally 2.0 I've had it a few times, normally ends badly 2km down the road :classic_laugh:

I know the exact feeling. You start a stage in Poland, then you realize you've been daydreaming of that Philly Cheesesteak you had the other week and how that would be so good right now and - oh **** is that a haybale? Did he say Chicane or around? Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Sometimes when I'm driving (always sober :classic_wink:) my mind wanders and I start thinking about totally-non-racing things, normally happens when I'm at complete ease with the car. At that point I'm essentially on "autopilot" until I hit a bad bump.

Yeah I do that too, and usually I then drive better. So much so that I sometimes actively try to think of random other stuff. I believe the reason is that the subconscious just takes over, unhindered by my conscious mind that often unnecessarily corrects and brakes and stuff when paying attention.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
22 minutes ago, DocStrangelove said:

Yeah I do that too, and usually I then drive better. So much so that I sometimes actively try to think of random other stuff. I believe the reason is that the subconscious just takes over, unhindered by my conscious mind that often unnecessarily corrects and brakes and stuff when paying attention.

It's like when Senna got into that flow state at Monaco '88 :classic_wink:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Sometimes when I'm driving (always sober :classic_wink:) my mind wanders and I start thinking about totally-non-racing things, normally happens when I'm at complete ease with the car. At that point I'm essentially on "autopilot" until I hit a bad bump.

In Forza I've won Multiplayer races while on "autopilot", strange feeling when the race is over: "What just happened? oh, I won."

In DiRT Rally 2.0 I've had it a few times, normally ends badly 2km down the road :classic_laugh:

Yeah this normally happens in a normal car for me.

Except the crashing.

So far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Codemasters Staff
1 hour ago, teknoid85 said:

why after daylight savings time  daylies are  delayed 1 hour?

The events are not delayed, they occur at the same time.  You are in a different timezone now.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CMMcBabe said:

The events are not delayed, they occur at the same time.  You are in a different timezone now.

before  events started at 11am  (italy)     now at 12am

 

can i ask you if the camera shaking setting  going to be improved? i've made a poll and 90%  voted for an improvement.  i think it's exagerated and  i get dizzy with those stages.   thanks 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

before  events started at 11am  (italy)     now at 12am

 

can i ask you if the camera shaking setting  going to be improved? i've made a poll and 90%  voted for an improvement.  i think it's exagerated and  i get dizzy with those stages.   thanks 😉

Oh, you mean 9 out of 10 people voted for 'good camera shake' over 'bad camera shake'? :classic_tongue:

Edited by richie
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richie said:

Oh, you mean 9 out of 10 people voted for 'good camera shake' over 'bad camera shake'? :classic_tongue:

i don't see the point of telling lies, as the only thing i want is to improve this exagerate shaking that cuase dizzyness and ruining argentina experinece

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

i don't see the point of telling lies, as the only thing i want is to improve this exagerate shaking that cuase dizzyness and ruining argentina experinece

Have you moved the slider to 'maximum shake'? I find camera shake ok. I'm in either current dash cam or cockpit view. If you watch some onboard footage you'll see how bad drivers get shaken while driving on the limit during a special stage. 

Edited by richie
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...