Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney

 

Recommended Posts

Ho hum, one man's meat is another man's poison and all that.

I personally like classical through to metal. Some pop and jazz fusion, prog and classic rock. There's stuff in all those genres that I like and stuff that I don't.

We don't need sweeping generalisations otherwise it turns into a willy waving contest.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

As far as 80's thrasher music, well let's face it, most music isn't. It's very base and doesn't really take a lot of talent. It was a passing trend along with cheesy synth lines and the "punchy" drum hits of Phil Collins' recording error.

I suppose it's so easy you can do it? Still going strong too so not a passing trend.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, teknoid85 said:

i don't understand exaclty what you mean.

my point is that dashcam is more rear than cockpit view, with the same fov, and that's for sure an issue

What FOV setting are you using? I'm guessing you are not using default. If you do you wouldn't see that much of a difference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bogani said:

What FOV setting are you using? I'm guessing you are not using default. If you do you wouldn't see that much of a difference. 

The FoV is definitely different between the two images, that is obvious. It is probably the game's default vs OPs chosen FoV like you say and the dashboard one keeps using the game's default FoV

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chewy21398 said:

All the cars being recorded seem to point towards a Colin McRae dlc

Didn't thought of that, if all the gossip is true, it seems high likely to happen. We already have the Fabia, so fingers crossed for the Xsara to come too, and all the rumours to be true.

Edited by BotaCalor
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I'll admit, Alien/s is on my to watch list as I've only seen AVP, which is universally regarded as dumb. The point about Slayer still stands.

Most of the great 80's action franchises can't be judged on the latter films: Die Hard, Terminator, Robocop, Alien, Indiana Jones... all started on high and ended up with dreadful sequels. 

Alien and Aliens are both genre defining. As are Slayer.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

The FoV is definitely different between the two images, that is obvious. It is probably the game's default vs OPs chosen FoV like you say and the dashboard one keeps using the game's default FoV

Yup, dashcam is fixed. In DR it was 0.6

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

The FoV is definitely different between the two images, that is obvious. It is probably the game's default vs OPs chosen FoV like you say and the dashboard one keeps using the game's default FoV

mike, the screenshot are made by me....

fov is the same for all 2 screenshots,  try by yourself.

and if you say that that dashboard keeps the default fov, why this is happening only in the c4????

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

mike, the screenshot are made by me....

fov is the same for all 2 screenshots,  try by yourself.

and if you say that that dashboard keeps the default fov, why this is happening only in the c4????

Your FoV setting might be the same for both screenshots, but it’s very obvious that the actual rendered field of view is different between them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, afahoy said:

Your FoV setting might be the same for both screenshots, but it’s very obvious that the actual rendered field of view is different between them.

ok, but why only with the c4????   that sounds strange to me  😂

Edited by teknoid85
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, teknoid85 said:

ok, but why only with the c4????   that sounds strange to me  😂

Take a screenshot of your FoV settings please. 

Also, if you change seating position it'll save itself per car, maybe you moved the seat in the C4 previously? 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I might have some Gossip, maybe,

I mentioned before, that I think the Country flags in the game are not randomly picked. At least on the Rally locations I have never seen any flag, that doesn't have a location ingame OR is a location from DiRT Rally 1.

Now I'm doing the Fia WRX and have noticed something. But first, also something that might compromise the find, these two flagrows in Hell and Höljes:

20190511001310_1.thumb.jpg.da2f47176624afa7cf240728e6d3bd96.jpg20190511003332_1.thumb.jpg.a7b531eafa32e5a633d235378ff5dc49.jpg

They both have pretty much the same flags, but some of them violate my assumption that all Flags will eventually be locations ingame. Finland and germany are probably coming, but there are also these on the Pole-Rows: Lithuania, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Czechia, Netherlands, Denmark, Slovakia...

But also, those Flag-Rows are real life recreations, these are there on the real track. So MAYBE they are out of the equation, since every "wild" flag follows my assumption (In fans, on wall, lone flag in crowd, etc.) All of those wild flags are representing locations in the game, plus also Germany, Wales, Greece and Finland, which are very likely DLC candidates already.

But in Silverstone RX I just now found a wild flag that doesn't align:

20190510233958_1.thumb.jpg.1395f8b63b05a8975d004ec4053a5b9e.jpg

From the right you see Belgium (Mettet RX, ingame) and left of it there is a Flag of Mexico.

If you realize which major other places are completely absent (Italy, Japan, China), seeing something like Mexico (which is a WRC location) caught my attention.

Maybe a hint for Rally location Nr. 13 or 14 ? Or maybe it's really just a random Mexico flag.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on Xbox and I can't change the FOV but I have mapped two buttons to move the seat forward and backward because in some cars if you move your seat all the way forward in cockpit cam it's closer to what we know as dashcam than the actual dashcam in DR2.0, so yeah, he must've moved the seat forward previously. 

Edited by richie
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkyRex said:

So I might have some Gossip, maybe,

I mentioned before, that I think the Country flags in the game are not randomly picked. At least on the Rally locations I have never seen any flag, that doesn't have a location ingame OR is a location from DiRT Rally 1.

Now I'm doing the Fia WRX and have noticed something. But first, also something that might compromise the find, these two flagrows in Hell and Höljes:

20190511001310_1.thumb.jpg.da2f47176624afa7cf240728e6d3bd96.jpg20190511003332_1.thumb.jpg.a7b531eafa32e5a633d235378ff5dc49.jpg

They both have pretty much the same flags, but some of them violate my assumption that all Flags will eventually be locations ingame. Finland and germany are probably coming, but there are also these on the Pole-Rows: Lithuania, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Czechia, Netherlands, Denmark, Slovakia...

But also, those Flag-Rows are real life recreations, these are there on the real track. So MAYBE they are out of the equation, since every "wild" flag follows my assumption (In fans, on wall, lone flag in crowd, etc.) All of those wild flags are representing locations in the game, plus also Germany, Wales, Greece and Finland, which are very likely DLC candidates already.

But in Silverstone RX I just now found a wild flag that doesn't align:

20190510233958_1.thumb.jpg.1395f8b63b05a8975d004ec4053a5b9e.jpg

From the right you see Belgium (Mettet RX, ingame) and left of it there is a Flag of Mexico.

If you realize which major other places are completely absent (Italy, Japan, China), seeing something like Mexico (which is a WRC location) caught my attention.

Maybe a hint for Rally location Nr. 13 or 14 ? Or maybe it's really just a random Mexico flag.

 

 

Jon confirmed on Instagram few weeks back that Ireland wouldn't be a dlc😪hopefully he's just playing it down but doesn't seem likely

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bogani said:

Take a screenshot of your FoV settings please. 

Also, if you change seating position it'll save itself per car, maybe you moved the seat in the C4 previously? 

here you go,  i also have posted two screenshots with the SAME fov  for the ford fiesta r5

20190511120301_1.jpg

20190511120502_1.jpg

20190511120505_1.jpg

Edited by teknoid85
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I'm not even going to go into how lazy rap music is. And Milli Vanilli.

um, a) you clearly don't know the history of how it was generally great in the 80s and early 90s but then big labels figured out how to mass-produce it and this resulted in the mainstream stuff being mostly garbage since then (I'm simplifying it but yeah).

and b) you clearly haven't listened to someone who is an actually good writer or producer

c) sure, it's theoretically "easier" music to make but that's what is going to happen when people who have nothing are trying to make music.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...