Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Recommended Posts

A lot going on in my life, haven't posted much, lately.    So I thought I would share this nugget - not my words, it was posted on a facebook group.

 

 

 

Who in hell had the dumb idea to invent rallyracing? Two drunk guys with a warped sense of humor at a bar? 

Inventor: "We should invent a new more expensive motorsport."

Other Guy: "Oh, you mean like dragracing?"

Inventor: "Fawk no! Too straight. Too short, Nobody lives a quarter-mile at a time. Make the finish hundreds of miles away with turns."

Otherguy :"Oh, like NASCAR."

Inventor: "Fawk NASCAR! Make them turn booooth ways."

Otherguy: "Uhm,..Roadracing."

Inventor: "Roadracing?! Thats for damn pansies! We'll make them do it in the dirt and mud so it takes them weeks to powerwash their cars. Make them get dirty and blow chunky dust-boogers. Manly enough they can wear their-little-sister's-skinnyjean-racingsuit-and-fairy-shoes-and-no-one-will-care manly."

Otherguy: "Yeah, .....thats still just racing with a carwash."

Inventor: "NO!! We'll make them break their **** so they have to fix it during the race, .... in a forest, .... with no tools. Put HUGE rocks in the road, grow trees in the ditches for them to whack, gotchyas over crests. AND!,.. we'll make more turns than they can remember so they have to take a friend who can remember everything to crash into and to help fix broken ****."

Otherguy: "A really good friend or a desperate ******* he is."

Inventor: "Oh, but here is the better part. Tease em. Put HUGE glowing boards with finish flags at the end so they can see it and have hope they are almost done. BUT THEN, put a BIG jump before the finish with more **** like stumps and boulders to land on." 

Otherguy: "So they just do it one time?"

Inventor: "Fawk no. We start the race very early and run it very late so they have no sleep. Have checkpoints to make them drive all over bum-fawk countryside. We make them share a pee in the woods. And we'll call it rally [/DrunkenSlur] because they rally wanted to finish it."

Otherguy: "Brilliant! and then whoever still isn't fixing **** can have a party to compare how much **** they broke to see who the biggest loser was. 

Inventor: "And drink to forget so they will come to the next one."

And that is how rally was born. 

Suckers!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

ya I had the career mode save file discrepancy yesterday. no idea why.

it just puts you back at the beginning of your current championship, not back down to open at least, and I got all the same locations but with different stages etc.

what a weird bug.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
1 hour ago, AnegloPlz said:

Ok so I tried yesterday and today to have a go at the new rx latvia track, but the game keeps crashing as soon as it gets to the first loading screen of the event, do I have to uninstall and reinstall the whole game @PJTierney?

What platform and where are you trying to access it (Free Play, FIA RX, My Team etc.)?

Any info you can give us to help reproduce the issue in-house would help.

 

32 minutes ago, ianism said:

ya I had the career mode save file discrepancy yesterday. no idea why.

it just puts you back at the beginning of your current championship, not back down to open at least, and I got all the same locations but with different stages etc.

what a weird bug.

Strange; if anyone else is getting this let us know.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

What platform and where are you trying to access it (Free Play, FIA RX, My Team etc.)?

Any info you can give us to help reproduce the issue in-house would help.

 

Strange; if anyone else is getting this let us know.

I'm playing on PC, I tried only through freeplay, both yesterday evening and today

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
11 hours ago, guindi2312 said:

Tengo el Deluxe edition y no me sale el último circuito solo pagando xbox one s

Hi there, we're aware of the issue and working to get it resolved ASAP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team

Hello DiRT Fans,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the unavailability of DiRT Rally 2.0 Latvia Rallycross DLC on various storefronts.

PlayStation users, the content is now available on the US store.

Xbox Deluxe content players, this will take a little while longer; we’ll update you once the issue is resolved.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused and are working with first-party partners to resolve everything as soon as possible.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 8:41 AM, RallyDriven said:

Looking forward to trying Latvia, but not as much as I am looking forward to throwing it into the first corner in Germany 100ft before The apex

Managed to do a handful of laps around Latvia and it's pretty damn enjoyable but, like you, I am really looking forward to attempting some backwards entries into turn one at Estering!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The new Latvia RX tracks is nice. Enjoying it. What I notice about the AI, is that in the rain the AI is a bit weak on 100%. In my first try with the Megane in the wet i immediately won, which was a bit of a suprise for me without knowning the track (just from tv footage). In the dry the AI seems more challenging and stronger and they beat me first. Could also be because i was driving the Polo, which not really is suiting my driving style.

I must say the new RX tracks are really a fun. The old tracks i played so much online in DiRT 4 that I almost could drive them blind. So the new track (trois rivieres, catalunya, mettet and silverstone) are really fun. So therefore can't wait for the Estering (which might be a real challenge) and future new tracks and supercars 🙂 Also had some good online races in the last weeks since the "human only" events 🙂.

How to improve Rallycross mode with some 'easy steps'
- Make it possible to have an 8 car grid, like they have in the French Rallycross finals (cough.... and the old days of GRC ... cough). And it was possible in DiRT 3 (ok. doesn't mean it works now). I think it's probably more limited to due to the WRX licensing.
- Increase the lobby sizes from 8 to 10 or 12. 
- Consolidation finals also in the grid format as the semi-final and final (now they are like qualifying, so next to each other)
- If chosen for single race, possible to choose for grid format (position or quali)
- Possible to choose option for Finals only (like in DiRT Rally 1 or DiRT 4)

AND of course MORE RX CARS AND TRACKS 😛

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

The new Latvia RX tracks is nice. Enjoying it. What I notice about the AI, is that in the rain the AI is a bit weak on 100%. In my first try with the Megane in the wet i immediately won, which was a bit of a suprise for me without knowning the track (just from tv footage). In the dry the AI seems more challenging and stronger and they beat me first. Could also be because i was driving the Polo, which not really is suiting my driving style.

I must say the new RX tracks are really a fun. The old tracks i played so much online in DiRT 4 that I almost could drive them blind. So the new track (trois rivieres, catalunya, mettet and silverstone) are really fun. So therefore can't wait for the Estering (which might be a real challenge) and future new tracks and supercars 🙂 Also had some good online races in the last weeks since the "human only" events 🙂.

How to improve Rallycross mode with some 'easy steps'
- Make it possible to have an 8 car grid, like they have in the French Rallycross finals (cough.... and the old days of GRC ... cough). And it was possible in DiRT 3 (ok. doesn't mean it works now). I think it's probably more limited to due to the WRX licensing.
- Increase the lobby sizes from 8 to 10 or 12. 
- Consolidation finals also in the grid format as the semi-final and final (now they are like qualifying, so next to each other)
- If chosen for single race, possible to choose for grid format (position or quali)
- Possible to choose option for Finals only (like in DiRT Rally 1 or DiRT 4)

AND of course MORE RX CARS AND TRACKS 😛

I really don't like the Consolidation Finals feature as that's not how it's done in World RX, it'd be nice to have a toggle on/off for it rather than be forced to have it on

AI does seem more nicely balanced at Latvia though which is good, better than some of the other tracks at least 😄 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JorritVD said:

- Make it possible to have an 8 car grid, like they have in the French Rallycross finals (cough.... and the old days of GRC ... cough). And it was possible in DiRT 3 (ok. doesn't mean it works now). I think it's probably more limited to due to the WRX licensing.
- Consolidation finals also in the grid format as the semi-final and final (now they are like qualifying, so next to each other)

I'd actually prefer to keep things realistic and have 6 car grids and the proper semi/final structure. The British Championship has had 8-10 car finals in the past, but the results haven't always been great...

...however having the option for those who want the above would be nice!

I'd of course like to see more cars and tracks in RX, but I'd also like to see the Group B RX cars get proper treatment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Consolation Final SHOULD be a real thing in WRX.  More races for the fans is always a good thing.

 

I'm also in the camp of adding more RX tracks and cars, especially some of the older ERX tracks from the 80's and 90's.

 

Estering will be great, the joker section is going to be TIGHT though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...