Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ThedriftGTR said:

Why does the MK2 escort have the ugliest front I've ever seen in this game, the MK2 on Dirt rally 1 was much better looking

Because it's modelled on the period car used by Roger Clark...

hqdefault.jpg

438_clark.jpg

...not on a modern Mk.2:

throwback-colin-mcrae-escort-mk2-01.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Escort MKII model used until D4 was constantly inherited between games. I think it originally dates from CMR: DiRT 2, which is now a ten year old game and the first DiRT game I played. Near the end you played a McRae tribute championship with all the ingame stars plus other drivers like Valentino Rossi, all in MKII's. It was a fun game ten years ago, but today I'm glad we have the more focused "Rally" series, more worthy of Colin's legacy.

I barely ever used that car in any games, but I'm glad they are using the original aesthetics now.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NicoGTAF said:

The Escort MKII model used until D4 was constantly inherited between games. I think it originally dates from CMR: DiRT 2, which is now a ten year old game and the first DiRT game I played. 

I think it might be a little older than that. The model is based on the DJM built Mk.2 that belonged to Colin and was first featured in the original DiRT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
19 minutes ago, badaboum528 said:

When is the update? I want to see wich car will get a sound update!!

May be talking about that more in The DiRT Roadbook 😉 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team

In other DiRTy gossip, this pad player’s looking to get a rig set up at home soon 😉

 

As I plan on playing more than just DiRT I’m leaning towards a formula-style wheel instead of a round one, compatible on Xbox/PC. I am curious to see if anyone here has used such a wheel with DiRT since rallying is very steering-intensive.

 

In any case I’m open to suggestions 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Dans d' autres potins DIRTY, ce joueur pad cherche à obtenir une plate - forme mise en place à la maison bientôt 😉

 

Comme je prévois de jouer plus que juste avec DiRT, je me tourne vers une molette de type formule plutôt que ronde, compatible sur Xbox / PC. Je suis curieux de voir si quelqu'un ici a utilisé une telle roue avec DiRT car le rallye demande beaucoup de direction.

 

En tout cas , je suis ouvert aux suggestions 🙂

Same for me im playing with the elite pad i talked with many guys here and they said the thrustmaster tx could be the a good option 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ThedriftGTR said:

Why does the MK2 escort have the ugliest front I've ever seen in this game, the MK2 on Dirt rally 1 was much better looking

I agree with you, I do not like the front on it either but it is the genuine front for that car that was in the 70’s

7283E176-C870-49D5-B27E-D506D4E59C9E.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

I'd suggest that it probably took them a long time to get the liveries set up in the Dirt 4 livery editor - could be wrong, but that probably took more work than designing the liveries flat for Codemasters.

 

That said, having realised how ACC is doing the same 'templated' livery editor, I could be wrong on that front. Starting to get to the point where I add 'Dirt 4 style livery editor' to my DR2 wishlist...

*cough* Grid and Need for Speed have been doing that for a very long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

In other DiRTy gossip, this pad player’s looking to get a rig set up at home soon 😉

 

As I plan on playing more than just DiRT I’m leaning towards a formula-style wheel instead of a round one, compatible on Xbox/PC. I am curious to see if anyone here has used such a wheel with DiRT since rallying is very steering-intensive.

 

In any case I’m open to suggestions 🙂

I would suggest not if you don't want to use severely limited rotation like Pork and Dgeesio. F1 rims are only good if you're using ~200 degrees of rotation.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
3 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I would suggest not if you don't want to use severely limited rotation like Pork and Dgeesio. F1 rims are only good if you're using ~200 degrees of rotation.

I played a bit on a G29 in the office recently and felt comfortable around 270, that seem okay on an F1 style rim?

One option is to get a base and swappable rims.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I played a bit on a G29 in the office recently and felt comfortable around 270, that seem okay on an F1 style rim?

One option is to get a base and swappable rims.

In my opinion an F1 rim is like one of those useless as seen on TV one use kitchen products. It does F1, and that's it. I'm pretty happy with a standard rim, I can do rally, drift, GT, road cars, and F1. And I can use the more realistic 900 DOR. I obviously can't stop you, but if you're not getting swappable rims, I'd highly suggest a standard rim.

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

These two cars are just crazy fun. Best car DLC yet. Thought the 037 was maybe too stable at first but I quickly learned how it betrays you the closer you get to the limit of the thing. The understeer in the long corners really reveal itself once you're going at speed, making sure that if you crash it's fatal. The snap oversteer also comes when you most need it to stick - especially in Monte.

The 911 is slower overall, and a bit looser but it's quite predictable at all speeds. It's biggest downside is when the weight as at the rear and it fails to turn in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

@PJTierney On the wheel, in your own words, want to race more than just rally.  So by that reasoning, you would *NOT* want anything but a round wheel, it's the non-round wheels that are specialised, not the other way round.

I've had the standard rim on my T300 since I bought it and I've played all sorts of racing games with it. Never had a problem and I don't think a dedicated rim would make me faster at F1, whereas a Formula rim for DiRT would be utterly useless

Link to post
Share on other sites

@PJTierney, like the other guys are saying, if you want just one rim, stick it to a round one. I have a standard and an f1 style rims that i swap, but if i had to drop one i would surely keep the rounded one because it's more versatile. I never tried, but i can't imagine myself playng dirt in the F1 rim, while i easily played F1 with the standard one, before i got the F1 rim.

Edited by Opassac
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, richie said:

In that price segment you can also 

In that price segment you can also have a look at Fanatec, PJ. 

@bobradar do you want to do it or should I?

Never buy Fanatec wheels.

The gear is good - while it works. But they are know for their horrendous customer service that takes asinine amounts of time and their servo motors tend to constantly break right after the warranty period ends.

Besides, at the price of Fanatec gear you should just skip the BS toys and go buy an Accuforce DD wheel. It will be the last wheel base you ever buy (unless you have D-Box money), then couple it with the DriveHub adapter and a decent set of pedals you will be golden. Last bit of gear you will ever buy until you start splurging on accessories like a Handbrake/Hbox/Buttkickers.

  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

@bobradar do you want to do it or should I?

Never buy Fanatec wheels.

The gear is good - while it works. But they are know for their horrendous customer service that takes asinine amounts of time and their servo motors tend to constantly break right after the warranty period ends.

Besides, at the price of Fanatec gear you should just skip the BS toys and go buy an Accuforce DD wheel. It will be the last wheel base you ever buy (unless you have D-Box money), then couple it with the DriveHub adapter and a decent set of pedals you will be golden. Last bit of gear you will ever buy until you start splurging on accessories like a Handbrake/Hbox/Buttkickers.

I would say never buy Thrustmaster wheels after I bought two of them that killed themselves within 2 weeks. Looking at the slop of the PCB they have, I'm surprised it didn't light on fire. Amazon reviews had other people claiming their wheels were dying with a puff of smoke, and in the hundreds of users, not just a few. Granted, I didn't buy the high end Fanatec wheel and got a GT2,  but looking at the PCB itself, it's immaculate. I've never had any problems with it in years, aside from the flappy paddles which I could fix, but I don't like them anyways. The shifter and pedals are WAY nicer than the chincy "pro" stuff TM offers for the same price.

Also, for the price of a Fanatec wheel, you're nowhere near the price of an accuforce, which only works on PC, and not with all games since most devs don't even have one to test with. The only issue I had with customer support was when my load cell in the brake pedal died and got some Indian on the line who was no help at all. I managed to get an American and he sent one out right away.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...