Jump to content Jump to content

bogani said:
Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO has been postponed until 2016 apparently.
I guess Sebastien got to try Dirt Rally after testing his own game ;)
Or they've just decided not to go head-to-head with an official WRC game and Forza 6.
The 2016 WRC season kicks off in late January as well, so it would make sense from that point of view.
BrySkye said:
Anyway.

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/626825602687893508

I'm sure the picture was from CMR2, but that is a DiRT Rally watermark stuck on it.
Not a generic Codemasters one, not Colin McRae Rally 2 or it's stripped down mobile/Steam re-make.
Not even just 'DiRT'

As I have already stated on Twitter, if that kind of tease doesn't lead to something, there will be blood shed.
Oh yes. Sticking the games logo on a photo of a car, of THIS car, and it then not ending up in the game.
Death and destruction will follow.
It's been posted before that picture, think it was before DiRT Rally was released though. 
BrySkye said:
Anyway.

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/626825602687893508

I'm sure the picture was from CMR2, but that is a DiRT Rally watermark stuck on it.
Not a generic Codemasters one, not Colin McRae Rally 2 or it's stripped down mobile/Steam re-make.
Not even just 'DiRT'

As I have already stated on Twitter, if that kind of tease doesn't lead to something, there will be blood shed.
Oh yes. Sticking the games logo on a photo of a car, of THIS car, and it then not ending up in the game.
Death and destruction will follow.
It's been posted before that picture, think it was before DiRT Rally was released though. 

I remember the days when we took a pic of any car as a hint that it will make it into the next DiRT game. Whatever that next DiRT game was going to be :)

I definitely take this pic of the Focus as a hint it may be added to DiRT Rally! :D
Jepsertti said:
Tomorrow (or today in Finland already) I'm going to watch some flying there: ;)

Btw if you're wondering, B is the start and A is the finish but I accidentally made them the wrong way in Google Maps haha
Have fun! (and pack a camera if you have one so we can see what we're missing!) :smiley: 
BrySkye said:
Anyway.

Then it wouldn't have had the main focus (no pun intended) of my post.
The point, more than anything, was the watermark.
I have absolutely no doubt the photo was taken 15 years ago, purely in relation to CMR2.

However, it would be very, very silly to stick the logo of an actual game they are currently making on an image that has absolutely nothing to do with that game. That would be an ill-conceived idea.
It's a bit bizarre as a tease, presented as it is. Either it's an unspoken reveal the car will be in DiRT Rally, or it's... well... a lie.
If it's not going to be in DiRT Rally and really is just a cool throwback photo, something like a Codemasters watermark should have been applied instead.
Darhour said:
CMR2.0 proper remake, please? I remember the tweet was published twice by now and I hope it is a gossip material :smile: A hint for a CMR2.0 wished remake or the inclusion of the 1999 Focus WRC car :smile: 
I'd be happy with just a patch, that fixes widescreen and framerate issues. Even force feedback works fine on the original CMR2.0
BrySkye said:
BrySkye said:
Anyway.

Then it wouldn't have had the main focus (no pun intended) of my post.
The point, more than anything, was the watermark.
I have absolutely no doubt the photo was taken 15 years ago, purely in relation to CMR2.

However, it would be very, very silly to stick the logo of an actual game they are currently making on an image that has absolutely nothing to do with that game. That would be an ill-conceived idea.
It's a bit bizarre as a tease, presented as it is. Either it's an unspoken reveal the car will be in DiRT Rally, or it's... well... a lie.
If it's not going to be in DiRT Rally and really is just a cool throwback photo, something like a Codemasters watermark should have been applied instead.
Maybe we'll just get Martini liveries :P but that car would be great, without it Dirt Rally seems a bit unfocused
Jepsertti said:
Tomorrow (or today in Finland already) I'm going to watch some flying there: ;)

Btw if you're wondering, B is the start and A is the finish but I accidentally made them the wrong way in Google Maps haha
I tried using google maps a while back to look at stages, then I found rally-maps.com, awesome site.
http://www.rally-maps.com/Neste-Oil-Rally-Finland-2015/Ouninpohja
Never tried the 3d part, so I can't say how that is.