Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Recommended Posts

Just want to point out the the pop-off valve for the 206 in the newest update sounds nothing like the real thing. The 206 WRC has a short chirping sound. See what I mean in this video when the cars are coming into a braking point and are going down the gears:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Benniz said:

Just want to point out the the pop-off valve for the 206 in the newest update sounds nothing like the real thing. The 206 WRC has a short chirping sound. See what I mean in this video when the cars are coming into a braking point and are going down the gears:

 

Put it in the car inaccuracy thread if you think it needs attention @Benniz!
 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, koog2003 said:

Could you please be so kind to explain what you are meaning ? You did not know you need to re-configure it again because the hardware settings files are now different ? There should not be any change performance wise with the Oculus Rift. You need to re-configure the graphics settings. I did not try myself I still did not have the damn time 😞

You can read this in the roadbook. It is madecthis way to get the same settings no matter is you you oculusVR or use steamVR. But to do so both get the settings fron steamVR. That is a bad choice, as befors 1.9 version steamVR had a poor performance. In my opinion it should have been the orher way round, so oculusVR settings should be leading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team

There are 2 presets: 2D and VR

The VR preset isn’t a “Steam VR preset” or an “Oculus SDK preset”, it’s a preset to separate VR settings from 2D.

In 1.9, Oculus SDK was using 2D (Oculus SDK as a whole was implemented pretty late into 1.9 development, and the preset just missed the submission deadline) which meant if you were used to playing 2D at higher settings they may have been too high for when you play in VR, thus hurting performance. 

1.10 amended this so that no matter which way you play in VR, you are using a VR preset and the graphics options you have chosen to optimise this more demanding way to play. That way there’s no cross-contamination if you are changing any graphics options.

Yes, this does require you to redo your preferences if you were using Oculus SDK in 1.9.

On a somewhat related note, numerous tweaks and changes were made to the Steam VR version in 1.10 based on learnings from Oculus SDK performance, so that no matter which VR SDK you were using you would get similar performance (Oculus performance is the target as that’s what the game’s VR implementation was initially built for).

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

There are 2 presets: 2D and VR

The VR preset isn’t a “Steam VR preset” or an “Oculus SDK preset”, it’s a preset to separate VR settings from 2D.

In 1.9, Oculus SDK was using 2D (Oculus SDK as a whole was implemented pretty late into 1.9 development, and the preset just missed the submission deadline) which meant if you were used to playing 2D at higher settings they may have been too high for when you play in VR, thus hurting performance. 

1.10 amended this so that no matter which way you play in VR, you are using a VR preset and the graphics options you have chosen to optimise this more demanding way to play. That way there’s no cross-contamination if you are changing any graphics options.

Yes, this does require you to redo your preferences if you were using Oculus SDK in 1.9.

On a somewhat related note, numerous tweaks and changes were made to the Steam VR version in 1.10 based on learnings from Oculus SDK performance, so that no matter which VR SDK you were using you would get similar performance (Oculus performance is the target as that’s what the game’s VR implementation was initially built for).

Will the German co-driver be improved soon?
He speaks a mix of german and english and the voice changes from female to male at the end of a stage

 
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team

Asking me in every thread with no reference to the post you are quoting isn’t going to expedite a response.

What would help are specifics, such as which Stages this occurs on. 

Drop them in the 1.10 reporting thread 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Asking me in every thread with no reference to the post you are quoting isn’t going to expedite a response.

What would help are specifics, such as which Stages this occurs on. 



 

Drop them in the 1.10 reporting thread 🙂 

First, I do not ask you in any thread 
Second, I do not want an accelerated response but that anyone cares about it 
Third, I've been posting this bug for months in the bug thread and it's still not fixed 

 


 
Edited by gleylancer571
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gleylancer571 said:

First, I do not ask you in any thread 
Second, I do not want an accelerated response but that anyone cares about it 
Third, I've been posting this bug for months in the bug thread and it's still not fixed 

 



 

All of these are in direct confrontation with each other. You've been posting it for months without asking, and don't want a quick response but want it to be fixed quickly...

Link to post
Share on other sites

so what? the point is, it't not even being fixed slowly... it remains unfixed.

it's not funny when PJ asks for issue details while they are on forum for months. and devs supposedly read all reports hmmm

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
 
In this sense, there are not even details of the mix of German and English is constantly in every rally and in every stage
The change from female to male is not in any particular rally or stage 
this can happen at the end of a stage at every rally
In the Report Bug Thread I have often posted the problem with the German co driver, but you never know if Codemaster 
will register it  and these 2 problems are already since the release of the game

 
Edited by gleylancer571
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team

Thanks for that 🙂 

What would really help is a short clip of it happening so that the team can nail down what triggers it. Seeing a bug in action really helps in scenarios like this.

 

@SkyRex I know you play in DE language, have you come across this and got a clip?

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@PJTierney I would like to ask you some questions, and I would like to receive answers. What did you not understand about the note in Spain that I reported? I posted video and description of the error, more than that I wouldn't know how to help you. The problem is that I found others wrong in Greece, or not very accurate in Poland, etc. .. at this point, even if it would require more time, would it be better to do a total revision? Perhaps alongside an interpreter who also corrects translation errors? What do you propose?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
1 minute ago, Deltone91 said:

 

@PJTierney I would like to ask you some questions, and I would like to receive answers. What did you not understand about the note in Spain that I reported? I posted video and description of the error, more than that I wouldn't know how to help you. The problem is that I found others wrong in Greece, or not very accurate in Poland, etc. .. at this point, even if it would require more time, would it be better to do a total revision? Perhaps alongside an interpreter who also corrects translation errors? What do you propose?

Hi there.

I saw your reports in each update and passed them on; as you'll see some notes were addressed in 1.10.

I don't know how likely or feasible a full note revision will be I'm afraid; that's not info I have available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
35 minutes ago, gleylancer571 said:
 

I have a question about rallycross careers
I was first in the first race and second in the second and third
but I was eliminated after three races, why?


 

There are multiple Heats. Even if you win in yours others may be faster in theirs.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

Already a bug fix ? Can I ask you for what @PJTierney ? Thanks man 🙂

Patch Notes are in the usual place 🙂 

It's mainly a hotfix for Broadcast Mode as we're preparing for livestreamed World Series events.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...