Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, AlexSpartan316 said:

Damn you are right...Azores is on March...maybe Dirt can become an official Europe Rally Championship game! 😮 

Also there are so many amazing locations in the Erc calendar...

Don’t forget USA/ARA, lots here too.   It may be one country, but its the size of all the EU and then some - lots of diverse terrain here, just not as famous.  THERE is more here than New England and Michigan 😀

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chewy21398 said:

Subaru dlc👀or McRae pack maybe ,does sound like the legacy 

I can't decide. It sounds like you can hear compressor surge on both acceleration and off throttle, which I don't recall happening with such frequency on the Legacy. Based on the engine note though, it sounds like Group A or early WRCar. The frequency of the compressor surge sound makes me think - or rather I want to think - it is the holy grail...

14_Subaru_WRC.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I can't decide. It sounds like you can hear compressor surge on both acceleration and off throttle, which I don't recall happening with such frequency on the Legacy. Based on the engine note though, it sounds like Group A or early WRCar. The frequency of the compressor surge sound makes me think - or rather I want to think - it is the holy grail...

*snip*

I want that... and the Xsara WRC, even if Mcrae didn't particularly like it.

And an Up To 1600cc class with the early 1.6 WRCars, before they got beefed up. Considering they've pretty much evaporated from mainstream WRC competition, except maybe 1 or 2 privateers every now and then, Codemasters should be okay with them. Just give them the 'Rally' name to avoid those scary three letters.

Edited by warpengage
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

I can't decide. It sounds like you can hear compressor surge on both acceleration and off throttle, which I don't recall happening with such frequency on the Legacy. Based on the engine note though, it sounds like Group A or early WRCar. The frequency of the compressor surge sound makes me think - or rather I want to think - it is the holy grail...

14_Subaru_WRC.jpg

Doesnt sound like the wrc car more of the group A which is very similar to the legacy

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JorritVD said:

...One more thing which is a possibility the new R4 class (where a lot of new cars run with an Impreza engine)...

Nope. The R4 kit (soon to be rebranded, I think as Rally2 kit) uses a 1.6ltr inline four. The old classification of R4 rally cars included Subarus, but not anything else using an Impreza engine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chewy21398 said:

Doesnt sound like the wrc car more of the group A which is very similar to the legacy

Yeah, it has the growl of the Legacy (and like you say, that was very similar to the Group A Impreza)...

...it is the frequency of the compressor surge that is making me think WRCar. And the early WRCars did still have a bit of a growl to them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Ohmygodsohmygodsohmygods!

 

My brain is saying “don’t get too carried away, it’s likely a McRae themed DLC pack” but my heart is saying “yey, there’s more rally stuff, dream big!”

 

very Season 555 colours...

A McRae themed DLC pack seems like something I would totally get hyped for if you ask me😂

I mean, if it has the Subaru Legacy and/or the Xsara AND NECESSARILY the Impreza WRC S5 from '97... 

(another rally location would be sweeeeeet, maybe the Safari since Colin won it many times in his career) 

  • Agree 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, carpa said:

A McRae themed DLC pack seems like something I would totally get hyped for if you ask me😂

I mean, if it has the Subaru Legacy and/or the Xsara AND NECESSARILY the Impreza WRC S5 from '97... 

(another rally location would be sweeeeeet, maybe the Safari since Colin won it many times in his career) 

Yes to all of the above. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Ohmygodsohmygodsohmygods!

 

My brain is saying “don’t get too carried away, it’s likely a McRae themed DLC pack” but my heart is saying “yey, there’s more rally stuff, dream big!”

 

very Season 555 colours...

Why would that be bad? Sounds like stage rally content to me 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Why would that be bad? Sounds like stage rally content to me 🙂

Yeah but limiting it to McRae only is well... limited. New rally content in general is welcome. Besides, the McRae family name is no longer a part of the series (I believe on their request actually), so it's a more general rally game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Why would that be bad? Sounds like stage rally content to me 🙂

I mean, there’s a difference between a McRae pack with a couple of Group A Subarus and a Year 2 season pass content announcement.

 

I suspect we’re looking at something like the former, so should be wary not to get carried away as Internet forums are want to do.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, carpa said:

If I was to say what this means I'd say:

The title is clearly gold, so maybe they'll release a "gold" or "GOTY" edition with all DLCs already in. Which would me meh for me. 

OR, we could look at the fact it's a gold/yellow logo on a blue background and wonder where in rallying have we already seen that color palette... 

it's a subaru thing. there's already the superdeluxe edition with all the DLCs. also, if it was a re-release of the superdeluxe (again, it came out so recently it's pointless) they'd put it out before christmas, because obviously.

edit: update on th IGN voting... wow lol

image.png.35b83643a3512a696b53cf64f284a45c.png

Edited by ianism
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...