Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I just wanted to post about a very glaring error in DiRT Rally 2.0, which has been there since DR1 actually. As evidenced by the attached pictures Rally Sweden is run on gravel, without any snow in sight. The devs must have gone to Värmland at the wrong time of year or something, lol they must be kicking themselves for this ****-up 😂 Sort it out Codemasters! #GameIsBroken #Unplayable #SnowNoBuy

Pictures credit: https://www.ewrc.cz/foto/60140-rally-sweden-2020/515/

22AA9C68-E646-4C7D-B229-7E49BB0C9FDB.jpeg

B8F14F44-A5AE-4DCF-8760-33837A1D097D.jpeg

  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
33 minutes ago, RallyDriven said:

Glad Jon and his co driver are both ok, that was a nasty accident in Sweden! 

There's a clip in the WRC thread, it was a big one 😮 

Glad him and Noel are okay though, big props to M-Sport Poland for preparing such a robust car.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

There's a clip in the WRC thread, it was a big one 😮 

Glad him and Noel are okay though, big props to M-Sport Poland for preparing such a robust car.

Yeah I saw the video earlier, a little bit  optimistic on the speed for that corner! Hope they can get back out for the next one and get some good results in, they deserve it!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

I just wanted to post about a very glaring error in DiRT Rally 2.0, which has been there since DR1 actually. As evidenced by the attached pictures Rally Sweden is run on gravel, without any snow in sight. The devs must have gone to Värmland at the wrong time of year or something, lol they must be kicking themselves for this ****-up 😂 Sort it out Codemasters! #GameIsBroken #Unplayable #SnowNoBuy

Pictures credit: https://www.ewrc.cz/foto/60140-rally-sweden-2020/515/

22AA9C68-E646-4C7D-B229-7E49BB0C9FDB.jpeg

B8F14F44-A5AE-4DCF-8760-33837A1D097D.jpeg

if you drive Lysvik/Hamra there (or the sprint stages on that route) the cars look right at least 😞

20191002124617_1.thumb.jpg.caa40977b1e1b6a6f1c07ee5775d6185.jpg20191002124620_1.thumb.jpg.4a110a0a719d35dfe22762f3ddb3e550.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jack4688 said:

I just wanted to post about a very glaring error in DiRT Rally 2.0, which has been there since DR1 actually. As evidenced by the attached pictures Rally Sweden is run on gravel, without any snow in sight. The devs must have gone to Värmland at the wrong time of year or something, lol they must be kicking themselves for this ****-up 😂 Sort it out Codemasters! #GameIsBroken #Unplayable #SnowNoBuy

Pictures credit: https://www.ewrc.cz/foto/60140-rally-sweden-2020/515/

22AA9C68-E646-4C7D-B229-7E49BB0C9FDB.jpeg

B8F14F44-A5AE-4DCF-8760-33837A1D097D.jpeg

And your point is?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RallyDriven said:

Yeah I saw the video earlier, a little bit  optimistic on the speed for that corner! Hope they can get back out for the next one and get some good results in, they deserve it!

The studded tyres are losing all the spikes while they run on gravel so when they get to the more icy/snowy sections (as that one seemed to be) they have very low grip. This could be another reason 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ianism said:

check out how the playerbase has increased in the last couple months. largely due to the christmas and current sales, imo

the A indicates the point it went on the humble bundle

image.png.69ea4f325edc4ef9b0a38fb1738009b4.png

It has more to do with announcement of McRae's Flat Out pack. (There where already massive discount for game earlier, but there was not big jumps in Graph) if You Look at the end of January when the trailer dropped on 29. it has massive increasing interest for players.

In my opinion, when people learn about that season 4 is only RX stuff (it was August 12, when info was given about s3+s4, its almost low point of this Graph), was the reason players did loose a lot of interest, I can speak just for myself, but i know few peoples who didn't like it too, i didn't even downloaded the RX Tracks or RX Cars (and I Have all Seasons).

 and in PSN US, Region Alaska, from where i did bought  a Game, there is just 18 ratings for downloaded  season 3+4, one of them was mine!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, carpa said:

The studded tyres are losing all the spikes while they run on gravel so when they get to the more icy/snowy sections (as that one seemed to be) they have very low grip. This could be another reason 

They've been allowed to switch tires after each stage as far as I know? Also, watching post stage interview shots at the tires it looks like the studs are surprisingly resistant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 10:56 PM, PJTierney said:

And the game generally getting better with every update 😉 

giphy.gif

I'm still waiting for those sweet sweet DLC car files to be decrypted so we can make some sweet sweet sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet liveries... 😄 (I know it's not going to happen but still)

Or at least remember us when the next Dirt Rally is in development and maybe we can design some. You know, in the spirit of "a game for the players, by the players..."

Something to keep in the back of your mind, @PJTierney... 😉 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

When did DR2 ever make that claim?

Never did, but why not get into it. We can help out with liveries for example. We have some great designers in the community.

Some players were already called up during the development of previous titles to test a version of the physics etc. inhouse. Weren't you one of them? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 4:06 AM, dani211212 said:

It has more to do with announcement of McRae's Flat Out pack. (There where already massive discount for game earlier, but there was not big jumps in Graph) if You Look at the end of January when the trailer dropped on 29. it has massive increasing interest for players.

In my opinion, when people learn about that season 4 is only RX stuff (it was August 12, when info was given about s3+s4, its almost low point of this Graph), was the reason players did lose a lot of interest, I can speak just for myself, but i know few peoples who didn't like it too, i didn't even downloaded the RX Tracks or RX Cars (and I Have all Seasons).

 and in PSN US, Region Alaska, from where i did bought  a Game, there is just 18 ratings for downloaded  season 3+4, one of them was mine!

no, it does not have more to do with the announcement. it's a mix of both, since they usually do announcements and sales around the same time.

in the graph i posted above, there is a spike in late May (24th). that was the first time the game went on sale for 50% off. this is a week after they announced the S2 content.

there is a modest increase in mid-August (the 13th) when stuff went on sale again, and when they announced the S3/S4 content (VR came out the week before too). you can literally pinpoint the date this happens on the graph. so you must have read it wronghttps://steamdb.info/app/690790/graphs/ the lowpoints are actually in June and July/early August when the RX S2 content is being released (and you know, summer = nice weather = less video games). July is higher because there was another sale, (and because it had rally content).

then after Nov 26th, there is a big increase coinciding with the game being 70% off for the first time, and the superdeluxe being 50% off for the first time. this culminates in the start of the festive challenges on December 1st. there's another spike in mid-december when they had the same sales for a weekend, and then there is a big increase from the 20th, the day after they go on sale again. (also, it's the holidays for most of us, so more free time from here until early january).

finally, there's another increase, when, yes, they announce the McRae pack. however, it coincides with the Year 1 pack getting a massive discount (for people who have the game already, this becomes by far the cheapest way of getting the S3/S4 content yet), in addition, the SDE and the base game are also on sale at this time.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ianism said:

no, it does not have more to do with the announcement. it's a mix of both, since they usually do announcements and sales around the same time.

in the graph i posted above, there is a spike in late May (24th). that was the first time the game went on sale for 50% off. this is a week after they announced the S2 content.

there is a modest increase in mid-August (the 13th) when stuff went on sale again, and when they announced the S3/S4 content (VR came out the week before too). you can literally pinpoint the date this happens on the graph. so you must have read it wronghttps://steamdb.info/app/690790/graphs/ the lowpoints are actually in June and July/early August when the RX S2 content is being released (and you know, summer = nice weather = less video games). July is higher because there was another sale, (and because it had rally content).

then after Nov 26th, there is a big increase coinciding with the game being 70% off for the first time, and the superdeluxe being 50% off for the first time. this culminates in the start of the festive challenges on December 1st. there's another spike in mid-december when they had the same sales for a weekend, and then there is a big increase from the 20th, the day after they go on sale again. (also, it's the holidays for most of us, so more free time from here until early january).

finally, there's another increase, when, yes, they announce the McRae pack. however, it coincides with the Year 1 pack getting a massive discount (for people who have the game already, this becomes by far the cheapest way of getting the S3/S4 content yet), in addition, the SDE and the base game are also on sale at this time.

You Look To closely 🙂 i did look at bigger picture, if you look at  mid August, there is "jump" of 3 days over 1000 players the avg is about 900.

in Nov.-Dec. with insane 70% off Deals, mostly between 1000 and 1500. the avg is  about 1300 

since  announcement of McRae's Pack the jump is bigger,two times 2000, with avg. of more than 1700. Which didn't happen since March 2019

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...