Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I thought this was a little gossipy that no one seems to have focused on too much.  Highlights are my own comments to the dev letter released Monday) most are obvious but i felt it drew some conclusions/spelled things out a little more clearly when highlighted like this.

 

"Prepare to see something new roar to life in the world of DiRT (DOESN'T SAY DIRT RALLY), very soon (ANNOUNCEMENT COMING?). Developed by a separate Codemasters studio to the DiRT Rally team (NEW TEAM MAKING DIRT AS OTHER TEAMS ARE BUSY?, SUGGESTS CURRENT TEAM NOW DIRT RALLY ONLY), we’re incredibly excited about what’s around the corner. We invite you to be part of a brand new experience, while also continuing to enjoy our definitive Rally offering. (NEW DIRT GAME, NEW IDEAS? STYLE? CONCENTRATING ON DIRT, KEEPING DIRT RALLY SEPARATE)

As for the future of DiRT Rally?(DIRT RALLY NAMED SPECIFICALLY) Well… we have a few things in mind. We have big plans, driven by a passionate development team, solely tasked with taking the Rally series to even greater heights (CONFIRMS DR TEAM NOW DEDICATED TO DR). You won’t hear about that for a while, but when you do... oh boy, will you be excited for what’s coming.(SUGGESTS A LOT OF DEVELOPMENT, ESPECIALLY IF THEY DID THE NORMAL DEV TEAM (INDUSTRY STANDARD) AND STARTED WORKING ON IT WHEN DR2.0 SHIPPED)

Whether it’s our latest game soon to be revealed (SUGGESTS DIRT GAME PER FRIST LINE AND ANNOUNCEMENT SOON), or what comes next for Rally (AGAIN SPECIFICALLY SEPARATING DIRT AND DIRT RALLY), we are incredibly excited to continue making DiRT the franchise (SEEMS TO INCORPORATE DIRT AND DIRT RALLY) for everything we all love about off-road racing. "

DIRT.jpg

It was commented on in the Dirt Rally discord, that this picture contains the font and background for Dirt Rally 2.0 on the left side and the font and colouring for DiRT on the right side.  I think this further highlights the separate teams and franchises, split, yet combined as part of the overall franchise.

 

Good points there. 

- There will be a DiRT and DiRT Rally game.
- The image shows possible the logo of the DiRT franchise, as it shows the DiRT Rally 2.0 (teaser) image and the new DiRT teaser image, and not the logo of the new DiRT game. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful news about the new sound for the Escort.

By the way, since they're improving gear change animations in some cars, do you think it's possible they will change animations for 2000c Skoda Fabia WRC and Peugeot 206 to what it should look like?

@PJTierney any chance for that to happen you think?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

That picture appears to be indicating that Dirt has split into Dirt and Dirt Rally.  It's not an announcement of the next game title.

ok, but they talked about doing that when they started making the original Dirt Rally back in 2013. and that's what they've done since then, alternating between DR and D# games. this is just a visual representation of something that's been going for 7+ years

edit: just noticed on steamdb that the filenames for Scotland are different from every other rally location.

image.png.bbcde0f20ff27723d87a99dddce24690.png

in every other rally location those numbers are 01 and 02. looked in my game files (I don't have the update, it's too big) and it's the same thing there, pre-update. I'm not saying more stages for scotland are coming! it's just interesting.

Edited by ianism
  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My feeling (and my wish too) about new DiRT game is that will be something  new like open world game as Fuel but  with more rally content (no ATV ect) or a game that will have some elements from DiRT showdown focused on demo derby , nitros, gymkhana..I will probably be pure arcade!

After big failure of DiRT 4, series needs a new approach and everything looks to be in this direction..

In any case we need proper physics, damage model and modern beautiful graphics (dont mess it up like you did with  DR2.0 and Grid 2019! Please )

Edited by Miatakias_GR
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Wonderful news about the new sound for the Escort.

By the way, since they're improving gear change animations in some cars, do you think it's possible they will change animations for 2000c Skoda Fabia WRC and Peugeot 206 to what it should look like?

@PJTierney any chance for that to happen you think?

i had asked this months back when the 206 was released and nothing has been done about it, thats a bigger animation issue than what has been addressed in this update to the Subaru imo

Edited by tonzboher
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

i had asked this months back when the 206 was released and nothing has been done about, thats a bigger animation issue than what has been addressed in this update to the Subaru imo 

Maybe that's where the problem is? That it requires more work to change the animations in Skoda and Peugeot?

It really makes me wonder. Previous updates had very subtle improvements done to some cars, which showed that Codies really care about small detail. So why can't such a big issue as incorrect gear change animation be addressed? Surely it can't be that much of a deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Maybe that's where the problem is? That it requires more work to change the animations in Skoda and Peugeot?

It really makes me wonder. Previous updates had very subtle improvements done to some cars, which showed that Codies really care about small detail. So why can't such a big issue as incorrect gear change animation be addressed? Surely it can't be that much of a deal.

the correct gear change animations should have been done before the cars were added to the game, they know by now that hardcore rally fans will pick up on those little things.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tonzboher said:

the correct gear change animations should have been done before the cars were added to the game, they know by now that hardcore rally fans will pick up on those little things.

Im surprised beta testers dont catch things like that. Same goes for other issues thats been noticed by the community just as soon as the patches/content comes out. And i dont know if i a car with a manual gearbox gets released as a sequential is a small thing.

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Im surprised beta testers dont catch things like that. Same goes for other issues thats been noticed by the community just as soon as the patches/content comes out. And i dont know if i a car with a manual gearbox gets released as a sequential is a small thing.

They do not get the change to test every version 😉 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Miatakias_GR said:

My feeling (and my wish too) about new DiRT game is that will be something  new like open world game as Fuel but  with more rally content (no ATV ect) or a game that will have some elements from DiRT showdown focused on demo derby , nitros, gymkhana..I will probably be pure arcade!

After big failure of DiRT 4, series needs a new approach and everything looks to be in this direction..

In any case we need proper physics, damage model and modern beautiful graphics (dont mess it up like you did in DR2.0 and Grid 2019!)

I don't know. Those open world off road games typically get boring pretty quickly. More of a return to form with more open motorsports I think would be better, and I think is also more of what people expect from the series. D4 was pretty disappointing content wise, especially with gating everything off from each other.

 

3 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Im surprised beta testers dont catch things like that. Same goes for other issues thats been noticed by the community just as soon as the patches/content comes out. And i dont know if i a car with a manual gearbox gets released as a sequential is a small thing.

Whether or not beta testers do or do not catch things like that doesn't mean the team will fix them.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Announcement tomorrow?

yesterday was a split DR2 / new DiRT, today it’s fully new DiRT background.
 

Interestingly the DiRT logo is gone now completely from the page, which could mean my theory about the the logo was the new franchise logo is correct. 
 

mostly Im interested in the concept what it will be. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...