Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

• Social Media & Community Team
19 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

I wonder if Codies is in any way involved with this title

Other than most of their top people being former Codemasters staff, I don't think there's any connection. Motorsport Network owns 704 Games, who did the NASCAR Heat series.

A new BTCC game could be fun though, touring cars were great in GRID.

Good for Paul.  Glad he is back in the drivers seat of a new racing game.  Besides with Codies buying up other racing studios, its good to see some [worthy] competition.  I have nothing against Codies, but competition pushes everyone for quality.

• Agree 5
9 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Will they fix the crash-to-homescreen on Xbox One X every single time you finish a custom event?

😲

Did you made a Bug Report about that?
I heared there are also problems with DR1 on X-Box One X, I hope those issues will be fixed, because I wanna play DR1, D4 and DR2.0 on X-Box Series X, when the new Box comes out.

I'm currently on X-Box One S, so I can't try to replicate that.

@PJTierney Do you still have your X-Box One X? Might want to test it out, if it really happens everytime?
I read somewhere here on the forums a few weeks back, there are permanent graphical problems in DR1 on X-Box One X, too.
But this wasn't an "enhanced for X-Box One X" title, so pretty weired...

7 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

😲

Did you made a Bug Report about that?
I heared there are also problems with DR1 on X-Box One X, I hope those issues will be fixed, because I wanna play DR1, D4 and DR2.0 on X-Box Series X, when the new Box comes out.

I'm currently on X-Box One S, so I can't try to replicate that.

@PJTierney Do you still have your X-Box One X? Might want to test it out, if it really happens everytime?
I read somewhere here on the forums a few weeks back, there are permanent graphical problems in DR1 on X-Box One X, too.
But this wasn't an "enhanced for X-Box One X" title, so pretty weired...

I play on Xbox One X every week and in the past year I've only experienced 2 crashes in the game.

Both were in Career > Rallycross > Semi Final, as soon as the start lights went green.

I've never experienced a crash in Custom.

Graphics-wise, I have no issue with how the game looks on Xbox One X either. Bear in mind my Xbox (when I play on the racing rig) is permanently hooked up to my capture hardware, so I get 4K images but no HDR.

34 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

How're you enjoying having no FoV adjustment option? 😜 JUST SAYING

Bonnet cam is my FOV adjustment 😄 

That being said, if there was a true Look to Apex option I'd probably use Cockpit view. I've tried something similar in F1 2020 and it's great, and I think the Project CARS games have it natively.

• Like 1
On 8/2/2020 at 8:06 PM, PJTierney said:

Bonnet cam is my FOV adjustment 😄 

That being said, if there was a true Look to Apex option I'd probably use Cockpit view. I've tried something similar in F1 2020 and it's great, and I think the Project CARS games have it natively.

Hmm, that wouldn't mix up your sense of car rotation in a rally game?

1 hour ago, nbates66 said:

Hmm, that wouldn't mix up your sense of car rotation in a rally game?

It might, not sure.

Maybe somebody who has done VR would be able to weigh in.

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

It might, not sure.

Maybe somebody who has done VR would be able to weigh in.

I play in VR, it ends up feeling more "real" because you are naturally trying to look where you want to go and can feel the rotation of the car when doing so, I don't know if that would work the same way if the game is just turning your view for the corners without you controlling it, I haven't played any circuit games with Look to apex on via monitor for comparison either.

On 8/2/2020 at 3:06 AM, PJTierney said:

I get why it exists, but I hate it. Makes it hard to really know where the car is pointed.

• Agree 1
On 8/2/2020 at 10:32 AM, PJTierney said:

Graphics-wise, I have no issue with how the game looks on Xbox One X either. Bear in mind my Xbox (when I play on the racing rig) is permanently hooked up to my capture hardware, so I get 4K images but no HDR.

The graphics-thing was only related to DR1. But not sure if it was overreaction, because I experienced also some graphics issues in DR1, but not everytime, more like once in 50h of playtime.

The Farmkhana vid is supercool.
Nice livery, awesome music, cool drifts!

• Like 1