Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

1 hour ago, James McAdam said:

This is rather well timed, as I was actually discussing this with some mates (online obviously!) yesterday. Knowing that the DiRT team have been working on "other game(s)" for some time now - and that the WRC license doesn't kick in until 2023 - there is surely going to be another title in the interim? 

• Agree 2
7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I prefer the M1 as it sounds like a beast and feels faster, even if the Lancia produces better times.

Yeah, the BMW sounds like raw power and it has indeed more power than the other cars. What I like about the Porsche is that it's very agile due to its shorter wheel base. Rotation and traction out of slow corners are insane in this car, very well recreated in this game in my view. Also, I do like a bit of a flat-six sound myself ^^ 

Edited by richie
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, tbtstt said:

This is rather well timed, as I was actually discussing this with some mates (online obviously!) yesterday. Knowing that the DiRT team have been working on "other game(s)" for some time now - and that the WRC license doesn't kick in until 2023 - there is surely going to be another title in the interim? 

There certainly will be one in the interim. That has been confirmed by CM when they announced the WRC licence. 4 years from DR2 to WRC is too long so I expect an annoucement of DR3 in the Spring with release hopefully in the Autumn.

Does anyone else think that CM may bring 6 completely new locations for the new game? I think it would make sense if they are contractually obliged to include all WRC locations from 2023 onwards. This will reduce the chance of them having to create too many new locations with little notice in a WRC game as they only have 12 so far. It would be nice to see Chile, Portugal etc in a CM game.

1 hour ago, CymroJ said:

Does anyone else think that CM may bring 6 completely new locations for the new game? I think it would make sense if they are contractually obliged to include all WRC locations from 2023 onwards. This will reduce the chance of them having to create too many new locations with little notice in a WRC game as they only have 12 so far. It would be nice to see Chile, Portugal etc in a CM game.

I think it would be tricky to sell "DR3" if it doesn't have at least some new locations in it. 

There are a lot of theory when DR3 could be announced and released. 

Also we have no idea what this “WRC” license is and how it will be incorporated. Is it just for cars? Or “historic” WRC cars? Or is it for a full game? And will it be part of the game like the WRX license is in DR2.0.

And what is the status of the WRX license that was in three DiRT games? And if it will happen with all this other cars that featured in the game?

For me a WRC license isn’t the holy grail, as I actually enjoy the diversity of DiRT Rally and not want it be limited with Rally1 cars. I rather have the late 90’s and 00’s awesome 2.0L WRC cars. Also the license could limit the features and gameplay of the game.

one thing I’m more than sure about, it won’t be 3.0. The .0 was a 😉 towards CMR2.0. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
40 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

Also we have no idea what this “WRC” license is and how it will be incorporated. Is it just for cars? Or “historic” WRC cars? Or is it for a full game? And will it be part of the game like the WRX license is in DR2.0.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-06-01-codemasters-to-create-games-based-on-the-world-rally-championship

"Codemasters will release WRC games for console, PC and mobile platforms, including annual titles that will run between 2023 and 2027."

It will be an annual franchise, unlike DR, so I guess the license is for a full WRC game.

46 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

one thing I’m more than sure about, it won’t be 3.0. The .0 was a 😉 towards CMR2.0. 

I find "3" aesthetically better than "3.0", but I think they should keep the ".0" to further differentiate the Rally from the main series. If they release the game as DiRT Rally 3, I'm pretty sure there will be people asking "What??? Dirt 3??? Is it a remaster? Remake?".

Also, fun fact: all CMR games had distinct ways of writing numbers in the title:

Colin McRae Rally
Colin McRae Rally 2.0
Colin McRae Rally 3
Colin McRae Rally 04
Colin McRae Rally 2005

• Agree 1
On 2/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, PJTierney said:

Being in PlayStation Plus at the very moment global lockdowns became a thing was a huge shot in the arm for the game.

Tons of new people got know of the game and we're still seeing the effects of it today.

I simple don't understand the system behind PS Plus and Game Pass.
I don't get how this can be positive for sales.

Yes, it produces advertising and interest in the game already released, but all these players play the game basically for free.
So no money from that.

I just don't get it.

23 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Well good thing I uninstalled the game like a year ago. I'm sick of trying to launch a game and needing a 10gb update when it was fine yesterday just so I can host content I don't "own" on my PC.

The track is a base game track. Everyone has it.

12 hours ago, James McAdam said:

I don't like these so-called-news.
There is 0 new information in the article, just guessing.
Every real info in there is many months old.

Bad journalism, or lazy. Or clickbait.

1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

There are a lot of theory when DR3 could be announced and released. 

And what is the status of the WRX license that was in three DiRT games? And if it will happen with all this other cars that featured in the game?

For me a WRC license isn’t the holy grail, as I actually enjoy the diversity of DiRT Rally and not want it be limited with Rally1 cars. I rather have the late 90’s and 00’s awesome 2.0L WRC cars. Also the license could limit the features and gameplay of the game.

I personally hope: 6 new locations, the 2 longs can be combined to one big this time, a few new cars and everything what didn't made it into the base game from DR2.0 (locations and cars) released as DLC.

And no, I don't have a problem with remastered content released as DLC again.
I put, what...120€ in DR2? I don't regret it.
Though I used the RX content not that much, though.

I expect it to be released at the end of this or early next year and called DiRT Rally 3.0, to avoid similarities to the main series, wich lost me completely with there new entry.
It would be better to kick "DiRT" completely out the name, to differentiate even further, but I don't have a good replacement in my mind.
And Rally 3 or Rally 3.0 is probably not good 🤣

If I get a super-duper-monster of a fantastic-DR3, with all it's greatness, then I don't care about if the yearly CM WRC game only has official cars and locations.
Then I will just play 2 rally games at a time.

• Agree 1
1 hour ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I'll preface this with never owning a PS or XBOX, but, did you think game companies just gave their games to Sony and MS for free to be included in their game passes?!

I know, there is money involved in some way, I'm not naive.
But I just don't get the system and how this can be profitable.

It's pretty much Netflix.
Available for many years now and still not profitable.
In the end, they have to raise the prize of the subscription or include advertisement, wich would mutate the platform into something that has each negative from free and paid TV: You would have to pay AND have advertisement.
For each platform.

And this is also the future of gaming, just a little later down the road.

Profitable for Sony/MS, not likely, it'll be a loss leader for them.  Profitable for the game publishers, i would say so - probably a case of, hey, we can "sell" potentially a *lot* of copies for you, how about a fat discount?

On top of payments to the game publishers, I take it GamePass doesn't mean the DLC is for free.

There will be an interesting point when WRC 2023 is released. If from that point, the Dirt Rally series is dead and cremated, there will be an outcry from peeps like us.

But if it is to continue, then how is it distinguished from the WRC games, and what will it offer that is lacking in those? A lot of different cars and tracks will mean a lot of extra work for assets that can't be used in the other game.

I can only guess the historic element will be nobbled in WRC. But can Dirt Rally offer a unique career mode that is totally different to WRC? There simply hasn't been any real career aspect of any substance in Dirt Rally so far.

We can assume (or hope) handling and physics in WRC will be as good as Dirt Rally, because gimping that will mean few of us Dirt Rally fans would buy into the series.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Social Media & Community Team
10 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I simple don't understand the system behind PS Plus and Game Pass.
I don't get how this can be positive for sales.

Yes, it produces advertising and interest in the game already released, but all these players play the game basically for free.
So no money from that.

I just don't get it.

Players get the base game, but all the DLC is still behind a paywall.

Also Microsoft/Sony pay to put those games on their services.

7 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I know, there is money involved in some way, I'm not naive.
But I just don't get the system and how this can be profitable.

Eurogamer did a good deep-dive recently: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-17-is-xbox-game-pass-too-good-to-be-true

6 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

On top of payments to the game publishers, I take it GamePass doesn't mean the DLC is for free.

Correct.

Some Publishers put the Ultimate Edition of their games in though, but it varies.

The negative aspect is that if a player didn't pay for the game, or only paid for DLC, it's more of a "you don't own anything" situation which will cost society a lot in the future.  The voice and power of an individual to make demands as a client under any kind of contract will be further diminished.   The client becomes Sony or whoever, and they won't have the same requirements as the player base.   "Don't own anything society" is coming fast. 🙂

Other than that I don't see a big issue with it as long as it's not more expensive overall.

Edited by bn880
19 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

The track is a base game track. Everyone has it.

But there's still 40+gb of other tracks I don't own. And my point remains valid. The day before it was fine, and now there's a 9gb update for something that seemingly only affected single player, and not even something you would have to worry about.

It's just bloat and it's becoming common in everything. A lot of games now I don't even bother with because I don't want to download 100gb of poorly space optimized games because they need to jam in skins and DLC I don't own so I can quickly buy it to access something that's already on my PC.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Btw, maybe someone mentioned this before, but I completely missed out actually that TOYOTA Gazoo Racing became partner for the WRC eSports.

This could be actually pretty good news i think for us, the DiRT Rally gamers as HYUNDAI was first the official eSports partner of WRC.
Hyundai isn't in DR2.0 because i think it was being commited to WRC eSports (and why than be in a other "sim" rally game that also has eSports?)
Now they are not the official partner anymore, i guess it makes the possibility a lot bigger to see Hyundai back in DR3.

Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.

Edited by JorritVD
  • Like 1

thing is toyota yaris is the hottest car on the planet. i think it will just be a case of dig deeper in the pockets for dirt rally 3.0 or wrc. i would love to see new locations of real places for the next game. so many great locations we havent seen yet.

also if there will be a new game yes there will be as they just been brought for close to a billion pounds gotta make that money !

Edited by dgeesi0

Does anyone know what happened to the sound of Polo R5? I tried it now and it sounds like before the big sound update... why is that? I play PS4 and it is disappointing to hear it like it was at the game launch. 

58 minutes ago, Snoopy43 said:

Does anyone know what happened to the sound of Polo R5? I tried it now and it sounds like before the big sound update... why is that? I play PS4 and it is disappointing to hear it like it was at the game launch. 

It's a known issue and only affect PS4.

6 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

thing is toyota yaris is the hottest car on the planet.

I believe they fixed that after Argentina a couple years ago 😉

Edited by bn880
  • Haha 1
On 2/25/2021 at 7:00 PM, dgeesi0 said:

thing is toyota yaris is the hottest car on the planet. i think it will just be a case of dig deeper in the pockets for dirt rally 3.0 or wrc. i would love to see new locations of real places for the next game. so many great locations we havent seen yet.

also if there will be a new game yes there will be as they just been brought for close to a billion pounds gotta make that money !

The Yaris WRC looks like something exaggerated out of a comic about modified cars for midnight street racing. 

The fact that not only it is real, but it also wins in the top class of rallying is amazing and I absolutely love it for this! 

• PJTierney changed the title to DiRTy Gossip