Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

I think the current Yaris and Fiesta WRCars both look a bit mad. The i20 seems a little understated in comparison. 

In terms of road cars I can't remember the last time a production car excited me as much as the Yaris GR. 

I recently picked up the GOTY edition for €14 and so far it has been a fantastic expérience. 

2 years ago I had the deluxe edition preordered but I cancelled do to the questionable DLC and base content. However 2 years down the line this must be the most satisfying rallying I've ever played. The old location look great and the new ones are well layed out. 

Very happy I jumped in, even late 🙂

Edited by P308R
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
On 2/27/2021 at 1:37 AM, Thierry97 said:

@bn880what do you know about it?

Edit: Sorry I was not ignoring you, I just don't want to cause issues with what I write below.

Not just me, in general WE know a few things from information in the public domain that are no real mystery:

1. It's being developed in a separate office to that of D5, with a separate team for the most part.  This is to allow for the hardcore version concentrated more on rallying as opposed to D5.

2. It appears/is expected that Codies have heard customers loud and clear by now (not only on this forum, but with how sales are going and other sources), and know that people are asking overall for a bit of a simulator on the physics/handling/operation side, with fleshed out game features incl Clubs, and that's what they're naturally going to do.  No way around it if they want to score the biggest gains long term.

3. They are well aware of the issues with the Pacenotes, and they will likely make big improvements there.

4. We know from some top level analysis of info that we have that something is coming end of this year / early next.  And that something, I bet, is going to be better in virtually every aspect compared to DR2.0.

There may be more things, but not everyone is told everything, there are NDA's, and not everything has concrete proof to back it up.

Edited by bn880
12 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I think the current Yaris and Fiesta WRCars both look a bit mad. The i20 seems a little understated in comparison. 

In terms of road cars I can't remember the last time a production car excited me as much as the Yaris GR. 

On the other hand I find the road yaris ugly, Fiesta is nice as always and so is the Hyundai.   The WRC Yaris to me is an abomination as it doesn't even resemble the road car too much.  The best one on that seems to be perhaps the Hyundai as it's most like the road car looking.  But anyway, they all are far from their road cousins, with all the aero and wheels extended so far to the sides.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 1

I hope DR3 will include the locations from DR2/1 that I've come to love. I know there was harsh criticism about DR1 locations being DLC for DR2 but I was just so glad to have them.

• Agree 7
12 hours ago, Thierry97 said:

as far as I see no news on the development of dirt rally 3.0😔Please if you have news write it

no official news but once you realize what big studios need to do is they need to get games out regular. so a new game will be in the works. its more a case of is it dirt rally 3.0 ? they will be making a game per year most likely especially after all the money thats just been pumped out to buy codies.

you would expect dirt rally 3.0 to be next. then maybe another dirt like dirt 6, then WRC whatever its called in 2023.

so yes something will be being made. hopefully it is a sim not just normal dirt.

10 hours ago, bn880 said:

On the other hand I find the road yaris ugly, Fiesta is nice as always and so is the Hyundai.   The WRC Yaris to me is an abomination as it doesn't even resemble the road car too much.  The best one on that seems to be perhaps the Hyundai as it's most like the road car looking.  But anyway, they all are far from their road cousins, with all the aero and wheels extended so far to the sides.

The Hyundai is the WRCar I like the most, even though I preferred last year's livery (I know it's pretty much identical but something changed around the front grille) 

The Yaris looks absolutely mad though... just not as beautiful 

The Hyundai looks mint indeed, but I like the Fiesta more. This is the 2020 car and I think the 2021 one doesn't look too different. Look at this thing, absolute weapon. 

fiesta.jpg

fiesta1.jpg

fiesta2.jpg

Edited by richie
  • Agree 3

On a completely different note, I'm reinstalling Dirt 3 for some slidey drifty fun, and I'm curious how it must've felt/feel to be on the art team, put all this work into the environments and colors, make everything look really good and well balanced, and then have someone come in and put ****** color graded filters over everything. I mean, this extends well beyond Dirt, and any game that lets you mod these filters out always looks better. Same with Dirt 2, it looks WAY better without filters.

321040_screenshots_20161228193704_1.thumb.jpg.1590e7d105e8417d4436a527bad9f228.jpg

321040_screenshots_20170312200156_1.thumb.jpg.0749f6370d5bcbbeefc63f264e859945.jpg

• Social Media & Community Team

Early 2010s Codemasters games were known for having heavy filters. F1 2010's was so notorious that it's an actual Photo Mode option in F1 2020.

UK Chart: F1 2010 overtakes Halo: Reach - GameSpot

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, richie said:

The Hyundai looks mint indeed, but I like the Fiesta more. This is the 2020 car and I think the 2021 one doesn't look too different. Look at this thing, absolute weapon. 

fiesta.jpg

fiesta1.jpg

fiesta2.jpg

Fiesta is my fave as well. Real shame that it seems unlikely we will see the car on the podium this year.

• Agree 2

Yep the Fiesta is a looker for sure.  It's just harder to get excited about it now due to so little support from the manufacturer, and the road cars being withdrawn from Canada. 

Edited by bn880
  • Social Media & Community Team

The wide fenders and big wings of modern WRC cars are what got me watching the sport again 🙂 

• Like 1

those dirt 3 screenshots almost give me nightmares. :classic_biggrin: the black letter boxing and the terrible video playback style which is still in current dirt games. spent about ten years trying to persuade people to change it. then gave up :classic_biggrin:

also if you playing it you have the famous auto barrel roll software in it. :classic_laugh:

• Agree 1
23 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

those dirt 3 screenshots almost give me nightmares. :classic_biggrin: the black letter boxing and the terrible video playback style which is still in current dirt games. spent about ten years trying to persuade people to change it. then gave up :classic_biggrin:

also if you playing it you have the famous auto barrel roll software in it. :classic_laugh:

It looks shockingly similar to DR without the filters though. On RD there's some guy who just ported over textures from DR's levels to D3. There's also someone who's done physics modding for DR, no idea if it's any good, but I guess you can put that physics mod into D3 too.

What auto barrel roll software?

On 3/2/2021 at 2:48 PM, richie said:

At some point Codies will have to implement the upcoming hybrid era in their WRC games. Are they going to start with the 'normal' cars first? 

By the time they put out their first official game the hybrid era should already be in full swing. Hopefully the last "normal" cars will also make it in...

(Wishful thinking, but I have everything crossed that we see 1.6L WRCars in DR3)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tbtstt said:

(Wishful thinking, but I have everything crossed that we see 1.6L WRCars in DR3)

1.6 liters from the new 2017-spec, I don't think so. 2011-2016 ones on the other hand...

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, tbtstt said:

By the time they put out their first official game the hybrid era should already be in full swing. Hopefully the last "normal" cars will also make it in...

Yeah that'd be pretty cool but Kylotonn will maintain the license until Codies' deal starts in 2023, so I think there's no chance we'll see any current WRCar in DR3, but there's a good chance they could include them in their WRC game, I hope they'll include different classes from different eras as well. 

• PJTierney changed the title to DiRTy Gossip