Jump to content Jump to content

• Social Media & Community Team
11 minutes ago, richie said:

@PJTierney Regarding the 'living the dream' achievement: Do I have to buy the Audi twice maybe, because it was already in my garage? I remember some people couldn't unlock it but can't remember if there was a workaround or if it was fixed. 

I think you do, either that or sell your existing one and buy a new one.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I think you do, either that or sell your existing one and buy a new one.

It didn't unlock unfortunately. I'll try to sell all cars and buy them again. The same with the 'watch the DELTA' achievement. It's strange because the progression bar says 50%, but how can I own 50% of 5 cars? When you need to own 5 cars the progression should be 20, 40, 60% etc. I'll sell all Group A cars as well and buy them again and see if it works. 

Edit: Regarding a potential new game, release should be definitely this year, otherwise the schedule would be really tight with support for DiRT Rally, plus development of the WRC title. So I think we can expect an announcement 'soon'. 

Edited by richie
On 4/13/2021 at 4:15 PM, Beefcote852 said:

Sadly, I feel that if they were releasing a game this year, we'd know about it by now. People move on, buy other racing games, other games all together, not everyone can afford to buy a game just because it's released, especially given the prices on these new console games. And if it's not out in the next 6 months or so, then suddenly 2023 is a year away, and you're thinking they're likely waiting for the rights to WRC. 

I really think that there'd have been some kind of announcement by now if it was coming out this year. I wonder how far in advance of release was DR2.0 announced.

If it's confirmed they have the WRC license they could already be working on it for release at that time. Otherwise they'd only have a few months to a year to get it done and out the door.

On 4/14/2021 at 7:22 AM, Mike Dee said:

So long as they don't do any more store exclusive BS I'll probably consider getting it myself. But if they do what they did with the last title, I will happily continue to keep zero of my payment information on that Epic store and just not play any games on there.

Why? The fact that any other store can come and people will boycott it just because it isn't Steam blows my mind.

Edited by JZStudios
24 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Why? The fact that any other store can come and people will boycott it just because it isn't Steam blows my mind.

Exclusivity to be a sellout will always have me skip your game. If it was Epic who created the game and wanted to release it on their storefront, I'd be annoyed but fine with it because it's their ecosystem. WRC sold out for a cash payment to be Epic exclusive, Epic did so to harm competition and limit choice, and they did so after listing it on Steam originally. And it wasn't a 30 day early access or anything - they locked the game to Epic for over an entire year. 

Everything about that is a hard pass from me on the game. It is so anti-consumer I want nothing to do with it, even if it releases on Steam later.

This isn't about being on Steam, idgaf about that. This is about exclusivity for cash BS. The best solution is the game released across all storefronts. The acceptable solution is a game released on your own first-party storefront if you have one (Origins, Battlepass, Steam, Epic). The way you get me to ignore your game entirely is release exclusive on the third-party storefront (sellout to Epic).

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Agree 1
11 hours ago, richie said:

It didn't unlock unfortunately. I'll try to sell all cars and buy them again. The same with the 'watch the DELTA' achievement. It's strange because the progression bar says 50%, but how can I own 50% of 5 cars? When you need to own 5 cars the progression should be 20, 40, 60% etc. I'll sell all Group A cars as well and buy them again and see if it works. 

Nope.
The achievement counts only 4 of the cars.
The SUBARU Legacy RS came much later to the game.
So it's 4 cars you have to get for the chievo.

I know I had to buy the same car several times to get it to count.
Maybe don't sell the cars, just buy more of every car.
You can sell them after you got the achievement.

So F1 2021 is announced by Codies yesterday. Released for July 16.

Therefore I not expect any announcement of DR3 in April anymore.

There might be two possibilities.
- DR3 will be released in February, than the announcement might be in september after the summer holidays. Five months prior the release and a similar schedule as DR2.
- DR3 will be released in November, just before the holidays. Than the announcement might be in early June (or maybe and of May). After the announcement they have june and july to fully promote F1 2021.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
18 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Nope.
The achievement counts only 4 of the cars.
The SUBARU Legacy RS came much later to the game.
So it's 4 cars you have to get for the chievo.

I know I had to buy the same car several times to get it to count.
Maybe don't sell the cars, just buy more of every car.
You can sell them after you got the achievement.

True, I hadn't thought about that. Both achievements unlocked yesterday after I sold all cars and bought them again. 

Edited by richie
On 4/15/2021 at 8:13 AM, Mike Dee said:

Exclusivity to be a sellout will always have me skip your game. If it was Epic who created the game and wanted to release it on their storefront, I'd be annoyed but fine with it because it's their ecosystem. WRC sold out for a cash payment to be Epic exclusive, Epic did so to harm competition and limit choice, and they did so after listing it on Steam originally. And it wasn't a 30 day early access or anything - they locked the game to Epic for over an entire year. 

Everything about that is a hard pass from me on the game. It is so anti-consumer I want nothing to do with it, even if it releases on Steam later.

This isn't about being on Steam, idgaf about that. This is about exclusivity for cash BS. The best solution is the game released across all storefronts. The acceptable solution is a game released on your own first-party storefront if you have one (Origins, Battlepass, Steam, Epic). The way you get me to ignore your game entirely is release exclusive on the third-party storefront (sellout to Epic).

It's really not anti-consumer though. You're still very capable of buying it at the same price. It's a dumb argument.

"I won't buy that game on EGS, I'll just buy it on Steam so EGS doesn't get any traction and fails."

EGS decides they need to do something to bring people to their platform, so they try a limited exclusivity deal that benefits the developers.

"I won't buy that game on EGS, I'll just buy it on Steam later so EGS doesn't get any traction and fails."

What's irritating to me is that people have this weird Stockholm syndrome thing going on with Steam, and will ***** about how anti-consumer Epic is, whilst blindly overlooking all the major anti-trust and anti-consumer things Steam does. If EGS had zero exclusives whatsoever, people would still boycott them because they aren't Steam. How is Epic supposed to operate and entice people to use their platform when the entire community is against them just for existing? People are even boycotting the free games giveaways. At least GOG has the gimmick of being DRM free, and they ensure the older titles still function on modern hardware.

What people are so viciously attacking is that you have to use a different website to buy something. Like, holy ****. I can't fathom why that so irritates people, it makes no sense.

• Agree 1

Steam may not be everyone's cup of tea, but, their controller support is second to none. I bought Detroit Become Human on Epic and the only controller that would work was a wired XBox One pad. Weeks later it came out on Steam with the full controller support the game always should have had. Imagine buying a DiRT Rally game, only to find that it wouldn't work with your favourite wheel that you'd just spent a fortune on, THAT is the big difference between Steam and Epic. Steam cares about the gamers and Epic cares about the money!

the thing is if its on epic then its normally stupidly high priced. thats why the platforms are created so they can take what should be a £30 game and sell it at 50. if you the only one whos got it then you pay that price or you dont play.

11 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Steam may not be everyone's cup of tea, but, their controller support is second to none. I bought Detroit Become Human on Epic and the only controller that would work was a wired XBox One pad. Weeks later it came out on Steam with the full controller support the game always should have had. Imagine buying a DiRT Rally game, only to find that it wouldn't work with your favourite wheel that you'd just spent a fortune on, THAT is the big difference between Steam and Epic. Steam cares about the gamers and Epic cares about the money!

Considering I've only used an Xbox controller I've never had any problems with it on any game across any platform.

I could list probably a dozen instances of Steam not caring about the "gamers" in favor of money. In either case, that's simply a feature which is probably a byproduct of something else they tried to do for money rather than Good Guy Valve doing something for the "gamers."

5 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

the thing is if its on epic then its normally stupidly high priced. thats why the platforms are created so they can take what should be a £30 game and sell it at 50. if you the only one whos got it then you pay that price or you dont play.

...? It's the same or lower price as Steam? Not one of their "exclusives" nor any other standard title has been priced higher by being on EGS.

I do like the XBox One controller, but, I've used Dualshocks a lot more. When a game that was a PS4 exclusive doesn't have support for the controller it was designed for there's something seriously wrong.

On 4/16/2021 at 5:55 PM, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

I had an idea and just rolled with it.

It's not perfect but the idea behind it was something I just couldn't resist.

The EXR Rally VW Polo GTI R5 promotional video:

These replay angles are just insane. Reminds me the very good replay from RBR pro.

Edited by James McAdam
  • Thanks 1

cinematic cameras ahhhh.......:classic_biggrin:

also just seen Darren Hayward  has joined Motorsport Games all the great crew seem to be forming there. hopefully there is some great games to come. :classic_cool:

• Agree 1