Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

27 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

the porsche livery is gourgeous. also i guess it explains why all his old cars are gone or going.

Still not quite sure why he has sold everything: just the EsCos (and maybe the Hoonitruck) left now. 

• Social Media & Community Team
1 hour ago, merseyxshore said:

PJ, I hate to beg but when are you guys gonna throw us a little morsel of info about the next DR title?? THIRSTING FOR DEETZ OUT HERE

Can't say anything about any potential future titles until I'm allowed to, can't even give a date or confirm if anything does or does not exist 😄 

When I can though, I'll do my bit to get you all as hyped up as possible 😉 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Can't say anything about any potential future titles until I'm allowed to, can't even give a date or confirm if anything does or does not exist 😄 

When I can though, I'll do my bit to get you all as hyped up as possible 😉 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4
6 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

the porsche livery is gourgeous. also i guess it explains why all his old cars are gone or going.

I do like the re-introduction of the paint drip theme.

5 hours ago, JorritVD said:

There will be more cars. He will also do the Baja 1000 in a Trophy Truck.

And I also expect him to compete in Pastrana's Nitro Rallycross Series. Most logically now it would be in a Subaru, but who knows and he will work together with RX Cartel and some EKS Audi due to the Monster connection, or does return in his trusted Fiesta at Loenbro (as that have Hoonigan connections). And ealier he also hinted towards Dakar, so maybe he will be some rally-raid events to prepare himself for that.

Curious if he's keeping the RS 200.

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I do like the re-introduction of the paint drip theme.

He got an artist to do a painting and then they based the car on it 🙂 

EXCLUSIVE NTWRK DROP! Ken Block's 2021 livery x “It's a Living” Launch -  Hoonigan Racing

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

He got an artist to do a painting and then they based the car on it 🙂 

EXCLUSIVE NTWRK DROP! Ken Block's 2021 livery x “It's a Living” Launch -  Hoonigan Racing

Seems like a throwback to the old Subaru DC Shoes paint drips. I still have a pair of those DCs around I haven't worn in a very long time.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I think i saw the RS200 up for sale.

We mentioned it before, @tbtstt said it was this smorgasboard of updates and not a "real" RS200 or something 😄 

• Agree 1
4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

We mentioned it before, @tbtstt said it was this smorgasboard of updates and not a "real" RS200 or something 😄 

Genuine tub, but not a factory assembled car and not an original "Evo" specification car as claimed in some videos. 

According to the site listing it has now sold (for $550K) @F2CMaDMaXX, which means that Block sold it for fives more than he paid for it. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Genuine tub, but not a factory assembled car and not an original "Evo" specification car as claimed in some videos. 

According to the site listing it has now sold (for $550K) @F2CMaDMaXX, which means that Block sold it for fives more than he paid for it. 

He said in the initial build videos he was going to "modernize" it with better kit.

4 hours ago, JZStudios said:

He said in the initial build videos he was going to "modernize" it with better kit.

It wasn't even close to period specification when he brought it. The origin of that chassis is hazy, it seems likely that it is one of the Glomma Papp rallycross cars, but that isn't certain.

The car was built up to Evo specification and ran a couple of different gearboxes (and colour schemes) before going up for sale in 2014. Apparently the engine in it at that time was a Schanche built 2.3L, but I haven't seen that verified, nor am I certain that is the engine in it now (it is listed as 2.1L, but the seller may not be aware). 

Block changed wheels and suspension dampers on it; so at a minimum that is unoriginal engine, ECU, gearbox and suspension... plus the car was assembled as a "bitsa" in the first place... 

...someone has handed the cash over though! 

22 hours ago, tbtstt said:

It wasn't even close to period specification when he brought it. The origin of that chassis is hazy, it seems likely that it is one of the Glomma Papp rallycross cars, but that isn't certain.

The car was built up to Evo specification and ran a couple of different gearboxes (and colour schemes) before going up for sale in 2014. Apparently the engine in it at that time was a Schanche built 2.3L, but I haven't seen that verified, nor am I certain that is the engine in it now (it is listed as 2.1L, but the seller may not be aware). 

Block changed wheels and suspension dampers on it; so at a minimum that is unoriginal engine, ECU, gearbox and suspension... plus the car was assembled as a "bitsa" in the first place... 

...someone has handed the cash over though! 

I feel like you're forgetting the part where you're super into it and I'm like "Ooh, look! Shiny!" I have no idea what any of that means.

• Haha 3

tldr: Ken got an RS200, changed a few things on it and it's not the same as it was in the Group B days. Also because Ken's famous he made a profit off it.

10 hours ago, PJTierney said:

tldr: Ken got an RS200, changed a few things on it and it's not the same as it was in the Group B days. Also because Ken's famous he made a profit off it.

Well yeah, but that's what I said in the first place. He bought it, said he would "modernize" it, then did that.

Then frickin' Steve here is all like "Well actually, garbled mumbo technical nerd speak jumble, yes."

Way to go and make things all complicated.

• Confused 1
  • Disagree 1
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Well yeah, but that's what I said in the first place. He bought it, said he would "modernize" it, then did that.

Then frickin' Steve here is all like "Well actually, garbled mumbo technical nerd speak jumble, yes."

Way to go and make things all complicated.

TLDR: No! Its my worthless hill. Get off! baaaaaaaa

Edited by Orangetuner