Jump to content Jump to content

• Social Media & Community Team
46 minutes ago, Rogerbee said:

Replies aren't dark though!

They never were, but at least that red isn't blaring in your face anymore.

There is a Chrome plugin that makes every webpage dark mode if you want that though.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Dark Mode forum is back 🙂 

Nevermind. I don't really care about "dark mode" and I'm perfectly fine with white, but I don't know who thought red was a good idea.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Nevermind. I don't really care about "dark mode" and I'm perfectly fine with white, but I don't know who thought red was a good idea.

That red was a culture shock when I saw it again.

Also it's the default 😮 

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

They never were, but at least that red isn't blaring in your face anymore.

There is a Chrome plugin that makes every webpage dark mode if you want that though.

I didn't mind the red. I do use a dark mode extension, but, I couldn't find one that worked well on this site.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:46 AM, PJTierney said:

That red was a culture shock when I saw it again.

Also it's the default 😮 

That doesn't answer the question. There's basic website design standards, and one of the big ones is "Don't use a bright irritating background color." You stick within the grayscale as it's easiest on the eyes.

34 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

That doesn't answer the question. There's basic website design standards, and one of the big ones is "Don't use a bright irritating background color." You stick within the grayscale as it's easiest on the eyes.

Pretty certain that's not a standard.  Besides, when have corporations ever adhered to something if it goes against their colours?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Pretty certain that's not a standard.  Besides, when have corporations ever adhered to something if it goes against their colours?

99% of websites stick to grayscale and of all the major websites, Steam is the only one that does something off grayscale.

And it is a "standard" for eye strain relief. It's much less hard to look at white or black than bright colors like red, green, yellow, and purer tones of blue. 

Edited by JZStudios
5 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

99% of websites stick to grayscale and of all the major websites, Steam is the only one that does something off grayscale.

And it is a "standard" for eye strain relief. It's much less hard to look at white or black than bright colors like red, green, yellow, and purer tones of blue. 

I didn't say i didn't understand, i said it wasn't a standard.  You can't use industry terms if you don't mean them.

17 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I didn't say i didn't understand, i said it wasn't a standard.  You can't use industry terms if you don't mean them.

I can if it's true. Just because it isn't a regulated standard doesn't mean it's not a standard.

On 5/14/2021 at 5:15 PM, JZStudios said:

I agree with you, but this isn't the time to discuss that.

There's still a few odds and ends that need fixing with the forum right now following the backend update (which was essential for security reasons), once that's all cleaned up myself and a few others can talk with the web team about the future of the forum.

Heck, for all I know you could all be moving to the EA forums in the future*, making this discussion moot 😄 

* This is just a personal theory, not a confirmation of anything. 

• Haha 3
9 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

i will dm you later for how we should proceed

Uh oh 😬

• Haha 1
On 5/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, PJTierney said:

Heck, for all I know you could all be moving to the EA forums in the future*, making this discussion moot 😄  

I 100% won't be there if that happens. I think the last EA game I actually was interested in was BF4 in 2013.

17 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Damn, I thought this was some real news for the first 2 seconds

It's getting to that point with graphics nowadays

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1394205713271083008

😄 

Jon's been testing in Wales ahead of Rally Portugal, and invited a few people along (including Rally Team developers) 😉 

• Like 2