Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Social Media & Community Team
46 minutes ago, Rogerbee said:

Replies aren't dark though!

They never were, but at least that red isn't blaring in your face anymore.

 

There is a Chrome plugin that makes every webpage dark mode if you want that though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Dark Mode forum is back 🙂 

 

Nevermind. I don't really care about "dark mode" and I'm perfectly fine with white, but I don't know who thought red was a good idea.

Edited by JZStudios
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
12 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Nevermind. I don't really care about "dark mode" and I'm perfectly fine with white, but I don't know who thought red was a good idea.

That red was a culture shock when I saw it again.

Also it's the default 😮 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

They never were, but at least that red isn't blaring in your face anymore.

 

There is a Chrome plugin that makes every webpage dark mode if you want that though.

I didn't mind the red. I do use a dark mode extension, but, I couldn't find one that worked well on this site.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2021 at 7:46 AM, PJTierney said:

That red was a culture shock when I saw it again.

Also it's the default 😮 

That doesn't answer the question. There's basic website design standards, and one of the big ones is "Don't use a bright irritating background color." You stick within the grayscale as it's easiest on the eyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

That doesn't answer the question. There's basic website design standards, and one of the big ones is "Don't use a bright irritating background color." You stick within the grayscale as it's easiest on the eyes.

Pretty certain that's not a standard.  Besides, when have corporations ever adhered to something if it goes against their colours?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Pretty certain that's not a standard.  Besides, when have corporations ever adhered to something if it goes against their colours?

99% of websites stick to grayscale and of all the major websites, Steam is the only one that does something off grayscale.

And it is a "standard" for eye strain relief. It's much less hard to look at white or black than bright colors like red, green, yellow, and purer tones of blue. 

Edited by JZStudios
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

99% of websites stick to grayscale and of all the major websites, Steam is the only one that does something off grayscale.

And it is a "standard" for eye strain relief. It's much less hard to look at white or black than bright colors like red, green, yellow, and purer tones of blue. 

I didn't say i didn't understand, i said it wasn't a standard.  You can't use industry terms if you don't mean them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I didn't say i didn't understand, i said it wasn't a standard.  You can't use industry terms if you don't mean them.

I can if it's true. Just because it isn't a regulated standard doesn't mean it's not a standard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
On 5/14/2021 at 5:15 PM, JZStudios said:

That doesn't answer the question. There's basic website design standards, and one of the big ones is "Don't use a bright irritating background color." You stick within the grayscale as it's easiest on the eyes.

I agree with you, but this isn't the time to discuss that.

 

There's still a few odds and ends that need fixing with the forum right now following the backend update (which was essential for security reasons), once that's all cleaned up myself and a few others can talk with the web team about the future of the forum.

Heck, for all I know you could all be moving to the EA forums in the future*, making this discussion moot 😄 

 

* This is just a personal theory, not a confirmation of anything. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
9 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

i will dm you later for how we should proceed

Uh oh 😬

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, PJTierney said:

Heck, for all I know you could all be moving to the EA forums in the future*, making this discussion moot 😄  

I 100% won't be there if that happens. I think the last EA game I actually was interested in was BF4 in 2013.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Social Media & Community Team
17 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Damn, I thought this was some real news for the first 2 seconds

It's getting to that point with graphics nowadays

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/1394205713271083008

 

😄 

 

Jon's been testing in Wales ahead of Rally Portugal, and invited a few people along (including Rally Team developers) 😉 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...