Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

21 hours ago, merseyxshore said:

May I suggest you try a rather good title whose name I cannot mention, but the developer rhymes with Schmylotonn...

I've given that title a decent try but I just really can't enjoy myself.
There are plenty of elements that are completely destroying my immersion!
Things that truly give me shivers down my spine, the same type of shivers when someone scratches a blackboard with their nails.
(Btw, no joke)

2 hours ago, merseyxshore said:

Portugal is a gravel rally

Well technically not... The Portuguese WRC event is a gravel rally and so is the Azores Rally (which I'd love to see in DR3!).
But Portugal does have tarmac rallies as well such as the Rally Fafe Montelongo.

• Social Media & Community Team
21 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

dirt social media posted a pic on tarmac today. it actually looked like one of the german tarmac events. literally same corner. 😁

My pics are from Croatia as Portugal shots haven't come in yet.

• Agree 1
34 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

ahhhh my bad looked just like germany in game. surprised you not put the pics in.

Expect to see Portugal pics from tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 5/19/2021 at 12:21 PM, AyrtJ97 said:

Well that's quite the setup 😅

Makes me wonder, if technology is supposed to make things smaller than, say, 20 years ago (like mobile phones, cameras...), but they need all that "monstrosity" to record the stages, what kind of setup did the Mobil 1 Rally Championship (Rally Championship 2000) devs needed to record the stages back in 1999? That game, in its PC version, had the stages recreated 1:1

I think the size of the "monstrosity" has to do with the fact that they need a pretty much 360° image AND two viewpoints to gather tridimensional data. 

I mean, if you need a decently stabilized high-definition image a GoPro will do the job without any tubes... 

• Like 1
On 5/19/2021 at 7:01 PM, merseyxshore said:

May I suggest you try a rather good title whose name I cannot mention, but the developer rhymes with Schmylotonn...

I've tried it and do play it but It just seems more of a fun game to play ,sound and some of the physics just kill it

On 5/19/2021 at 7:01 PM, merseyxshore said:

We don't do propoganda (or suppression of other titles) here. If you want to mention WRC 9 then do it. 😉 

• Haha 3
Posted (edited)

I know this video isn't about DiRT Rally 2.0 or its successor because we don't have any information about the latter... YET!

Come on, @PJTierney, we are aching for an update and in desperate need of a new gossip fix! 

However, I thougth I might share my analysis of WRC10's Croatia gameplay footage which was released last week.
After all, each of us is a rally game fan!

I'm planning to create a similar type of analysis video once @PJTierney releases the announcement trailer for DiRT Rally 3. 😛 

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

i dont think you will hear anything about a new dirt title till the next big EA event. if its all done and dusted and EA are at the full helm. it would be a big announcement and there is a massive EA event this summer battlefield 6 and the likes being announced and shown most likely.

as for WRC 10 some of the WRC games while get stick have been decent of fun to play. yes...the sound and certain things can be annoying but...some events because they REAL ! really add to the gameplay and this is what Dirt rally games have been missing. the real events ! or....more of them. also the cars to go with the real events.

if its reasonably priced may get it.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2
4 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

i dont think you will hear anything about a new dirt title till the next big EA event. if its all done and dusted and EA are at the full helm. it would be a big announcement and there is a massive EA event this summer battlefield 6 and the likes being announced and shown most likely.

as for WRC 10 some of the WRC games while get stick have been decent of fun to play. yes...the sound and certain things can be annoying but...some events because they REAL ! really add to the gameplay and this is what Dirt rally games have been missing. the real events ! or....more of them. also the cars to go with the real events.

if its reasonably priced may get it.

BF6  

me:

I was looking down after the 3 in-game car sounds were being compared, then he said, i can't tell the difference - i didn't know that all three had been put on screen and thought it was the same clip/car playing 😞

Also i agree on the 3D modelling, it's so stark seeing the Delta front end, it's just flat 😞  

Also all the trailers i've seen of the WRC games in recent years, you might be a smidge of in-game sounds, everything, on all of them, has been merged/spliced sounds from the broadcasts layered onto an otherwise silent, music filled trailer.

• Agree 1
Posted (edited)

Hi @PJTierney can you please do me a favour and thank all of the DR team for me? I competed in my first real rally event on Saturday in my MX5. I've never had a RWD car, driven on gravel or even really driven aggressively in a real car before. But it felt comfortable straight away! I'd never done a handbrake turn in my life, but it just worked like it does in DR2 haha and we even finished 6th in class! I think Dirt Rally 2.0 can definitely take about 95% of the credit for that, it's actually taught me how to drive a rear wheel drive rally car, so thanks for being a 'gateway drug' 😂

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-22 at 23.57.11.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-22 at 22.18.00.jpeg

Edited by merseyxshore
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, JZStudios said:

What does this possibly mean?

im from nottingham. crossed with scottish and sheffield. basically in notts. you say everything as short as possible. then you got the bluntness of sheff along with scottish. my mothers side. so it translates to blunt as short as possible replys speaking. normal to me but to others a lack of literacy and iq 😁  mispelling in actual writing means nothing in speech.

23 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

I know this video isn't about DiRT Rally 2.0 or its successor because we don't have any information about the latter... YET!

Come on, @PJTierney, we are aching for an update and in desperate need of a new gossip fix! 

However, I thougth I might share my analysis of WRC10's Croatia gameplay footage which was released last week.
After all, each of us is a rally game fan!

I'm planning to create a similar type of analysis video once @PJTierney releases the announcement trailer for DiRT Rally 3. 😛 

Very well put together video! 

As you said, by the choice to use real life audio in the trailer we can expect to hear more... frankly not good sounds from WRC10

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

im from nottingham. crossed with scottish and sheffield. basically in notts. you say everything as short as possible. then you got the bluntness of sheff along with scottish. my mothers side. so it translates to blunt as short as possible replys speaking. normal to me but to others a lack of literacy and iq 😁  mispelling in actual writing means nothing in speech.

I like how that's a very long completely non-answer. Classic dgeesy.

But I guess some other guys explained it. Definitely not something I've ever heard.

On a separate note, all this talk of WRC 10 reminds me on another forum I mentioned that CM was getting bought by EA and someone was happy because CM "has been making bad racing games and WRC is better." Personally haven't tried any of them, but they do seem all a bit lackluster. He liked their stages over CM's though.

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I like how that's a very long completely non-answer. Classic dgeesy.

But I guess some other guys explained it. Definitely not something I've ever heard.

On a separate note, all this talk of WRC 10 reminds me on another forum I mentioned that CM was getting bought by EA and someone was happy because CM "has been making bad racing games and WRC is better." Personally haven't tried any of them, but they do seem all a bit lackluster. He liked their stages over CM's though.

Codemasters make excellent racing games, but so does Kylotonn now. The stages in WRC 9 are absolutely incredible, and the physics (especially on tarmac) are brilliant. Yeah it has it’s faults, but I enjoy it at least as much as I enjoy DR2 if I’m honest, and that’s as a Codies devotee since TOCA Touring Cars!

10 hours ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

@PJTierney don't know if you guys have this one, but from Ricardo Oliveira's facebook (@world photographer):

Jon going bezerk

That's from the M-Sport archive, we get about 30 of those pics at every rally 🙂