Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

12 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I like how that's a very long completely non-answer. Classic dgeesy.

But I guess some other guys explained it. Definitely not something I've ever heard.

On a separate note, all this talk of WRC 10 reminds me on another forum I mentioned that CM was getting bought by EA and someone was happy because CM "has been making bad racing games and WRC is better." Personally haven't tried any of them, but they do seem all a bit lackluster. He liked their stages over CM's though.

i tried explain why my responses like the one you didnt understand are the way they are. others understood the lingo. you didnt. england alone there is 40 different dialects. then you have slang on top of that. there is no standard " english " . just versions of it. 😁 come nottingham you will hear hundreds of thousands doing it. 😄

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

i tried explain why my responses like the one you didnt understand are the way they are. others understood the lingo. you didnt. england alone there is 40 different dialects. then you have slang on top of that. there is no standard " english " . just versions of it. 😁 come nottingham you will hear hundreds of thousands doing it. 😄

I get that, but I asked what it meant and you gave me a geography lesson. Am I supposed to filter that into google translate? Or maybe I need the K9 unit?

• Haha 2
  • Social Media & Community Team

@UnderclassGDfan Finally beat your Scotland time 🙂 

I'm using the WRC wheel now (plus shifter/handbrake), and a loadcell change has helped a bit too.

Only 3 tenths on my F1 rim time 😄 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I used to use my Ferrari F1 rim. What I liked about it was that the paddles are push pull. Only Thrustmaster that had that at the time. Definitely more fun with the Rally wheel though. 

I like using both, there's things I can do with the F1 rim I can't do with the rally setup, like faster clutch access.

Don't feel like breaking apart my rig to fit the pedal 😄 

1 hour ago, dgeesi0 said:

you faster now you got a proper round wheel 😄 i knew it would help ya.

Still figuring things out but progress has been good so far. I'm not quite up to my F1 rim pace everywhere but it's coming along nicely.

450 DOR is what I settled with by the way, and sequential shift.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Still figuring things out but progress has been good so far. I'm not quite up to my F1 rim pace everywhere but it's coming along nicely.

450 DOR is what I settled with by the way, and sequential shift.

450° of rotation is also what works best for me when driving the modern rally cars (wrc, R5, NR4, R2 etc.).

When I take one of the old RWD cars for a spin, I do prefer a higher amount of rotation because it makes it easier to control or adjust slides.

12 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

locking the diff also helps massively with RWD .

also ten years ago dirt 3 . man that passes quickly. 😄

I remember my first time playing dirt 3 at some low budget game store in the mall. I also remember explicitly not liking how it handled, which is interesting because now I'm fine with it.

Can't believe Dirt 3 was 10 years ago either! Was fortunate enough to have my first play of it at the game launch at Battersea. Unfortunately I had to do it sitting beside Neil Cole, so I was heavily distracted by the urge to throw the controller at him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 5/27/2021 at 10:16 PM, JZStudios said:

I remember my first time playing dirt 3 at some low budget game store in the mall. I also remember explicitly not liking how it handled, which is interesting because now I'm fine with it.

So I just had to watch my buddy's dogs and decided to try Dirt 3 on his ludicrously large 4k tv. I now remember why I didn't like it, it's WAY too sensitive on a controller, which D1 and D2 didn't have a problem with.

Doesn't look bad in 4k though, some textures could be higher res. Which reminds me of the Burnout Paradise "remaster" and how all it added was AO and some more smoke basically. Couldn't even be bothered to upres the car models or their textures.

On 5/27/2021 at 2:55 PM, PJTierney said:

@UnderclassGDfan Finally beat your Scotland time 🙂 

I'm using the WRC wheel now (plus shifter/handbrake), and a loadcell change has helped a bit too.

Only 3 tenths on my F1 rim time 😄 

Got you a day later. But also just a few tenths, because I did 3 big mistakes.
Was too lazy to better that time 😄 

The TT with the Stratos before that (on the same stage I believe) I had to give up.
For some reason I couldn't stay full on throttle were you could (after the first set of corners on the long straight).
Was always way ahead coming on the straight, but loosing it on that 6 right before going downhill.
If I stay on gas I crash, if I lift off throttle, the rear says bye bye to the left. Like...always.

Even if I made it on very rare tries to stay close to your ghost, the same happens shortly after 2 corners later.

Other thing: It happened again, PJ. https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/club/369804/standings/current
Standings are completely broken, just adding the points on top of the old ones.

And there is another thing...

2 people accidentally left the club within a week in this club alone, just because there is no "are you sure" warning on the leaving-button.
They lost the points for the current championship and the stats on the tab "members", just because they touched the leaving-button right in the middle of the clubs-page.
I know of at least 3 other people were that happened just recently, one of them was so frustrated of there ruined championship he didn't came back.

This is super annoying!
Please get someone at the team for fixing this.
This is probably done within minutes.
Just a warning screen before really leaving, just that, PLEEEEEHEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASE.

Please? 🥺

• Like 1
10 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Other thing: It happened again, PJ. https://dirtrally2.dirtgame.com/clubs/club/369804/standings/current
Standings are completely broken, just adding the points on top of the old ones.

And there is another thing...

2 people accidentally left the club within a week in this club alone, just because there is no "are you sure" warning on the leaving-button.
They lost the points for the current championship and the stats on the tab "members", just because they touched the leaving-button right in the middle of the clubs-page.
I know of at least 3 other people were that happened just recently, one of them was so frustrated of there ruined championship he didn't came back.

This is super annoying!
Please get someone at the team for fixing this.
This is probably done within minutes.
Just a warning screen before really leaving, just that, PLEEEEEHEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASE.

Please? 🥺

Lemme ping "they guy" and see what can be done 😉 

I don't think the rejoins can have their points added back in, but the other issue maybe that can get sorted.

10 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Lemme ping "they guy" and see what can be done 😉 

I don't think the rejoins can have their points added back in, but the other issue maybe that can get sorted.

Champ standings should be sorted now.

The new Rally1 Yaris looks VERY GOOD, as far as I can tell behind that test livery. 

It will be interesting to see how the new class fares, compared to the WRC Plus... I think the weight will go up due to the hybrid and the new rollcage but I doubt we as spectators will notice

We will get to drive those in a codemasters game, though😄

• Like 2

Yeah, they're probably going to be a bit heavier but thanks to the insane torque of the electro motors they're going to be a lot 'punchier' as well. My only gripe with the new regulations is that they're reducing aero, the cars will not handle quite as well as they do now. 

Anyways, after watching this I think we need the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo in the next game. 

😍

• Like 6
1 hour ago, richieI said:

Yeah, they're probably going to be a bit heavier but thanks to the insane torque of the electro motors they're going to be a lot 'punchier' as well. My only gripe with the new regulations is that they're reducing aero, the cars will not handle quite as well as they do now. 

Anyways, after watching this I think we need the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo in the next game. 

😍

That tunnel section at the end would be WILD to drive in a future game. Those spectators are absolutely insane too.

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, richieI said:

😍

The aero will be simplified but, by looking at the Yaris prototype, I'd say there is still a fair amount of wings and downforce on the cars😂

I've read that the transmission will be simplified and there will be no active central differential, I'm interested to see how this will change how cars need to be driven

Probably more similar to R5 cars, but with A LOT more power? 

3 hours ago, carpa said:

I'd say there is still a fair amount of wings and downforce on the cars😂

Sure, it's more the removal of front aero parts that really affects the cars performance. There will be no dive planes or fender vents, that has to have a huge impact on the cars balance, the cars will understeer a lot. 

On 6/4/2021 at 2:56 AM, richieI said:

These are hybrids and they are going to use electric motors in between stages so there will be no insane torque. I just heard that there will be an option for the driver to use some of the boost from the electric motor for a short time. 

On 6/3/2021 at 10:10 PM, carpa said:

We will get to drive those in a codemasters game, though😄

I have my fingers crossed that both the final non-hybrid and hybrid WRCars make it into the CM WRC game. 

• Agree 3