Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

the next normal dirt game will have to step up after seeing the new forza mexico . looked like they crammed everything into it. looks nice graphically as well.

wrc 10 demo out on steam tomorrow. hmmm.....may even get the wheel back out to try it. 😁

• Like 1
16 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

the next normal dirt game will have to step up after seeing the new forza mexico . looked like they crammed everything into it. looks nice graphically as well.

wrc 10 demo out on steam tomorrow. hmmm.....may even get the wheel back out to try it. 😁

My two big takeaways from the Horizon trailer are that the roads are now much narrower than 4, and at least the road going down from the volcano looked like a fun road with a lot of switchbacks. Still waiting for something more akin to the mountain road in Horizon 1 though, they nailed it with that.

Still think Mexico is kind of an odd locale choice, not sure how much tarmac there's going to be.

6 hours ago, JZStudios said:

My two big takeaways from the Horizon trailer are that the roads are now much narrower than 4, and at least the road going down from the volcano looked like a fun road with a lot of switchbacks. Still waiting for something more akin to the mountain road in Horizon 1 though, they nailed it with that.

Still think Mexico is kind of an odd locale choice, not sure how much tarmac there's going to be.

i dont know what it is with mexico at the moment with games but so many big games are choosing mexico. for locations.

• Social Media & Community Team
1 hour ago, dgeesi0 said:

i dont know what it is with mexico at the moment with games but so many big games are choosing mexico. for locations.

It's pretty, diverse and hasn't been used much in games.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

What other games are using Mexico as a location? Far Cry 6 is "South American/Cuban," but I haven't seen anything else besides Guacamelee be set in Mexico.

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

It's pretty, diverse and hasn't been used much in games.

In terms of locales, there's some cool spots. I'm just curious what those locales are and if they're going to have people riding burros. Just seems like a good excuse for people to get pissy about misrepresentation for some reason or another. I mean, are you going to do a drug running mission, or be a coyote? Like, things just aren't that great in Mexico right now. I also find it funny people have been asking for Japan since the first game and they come out with something no one asked for and outside Baja isn't known for racing at all.

In completely unrelated news, this morning I called my local computer store, with the only other alternative being Best Buy and asked if they had ever gotten any of the 30 series cards. The guy told me they were getting their first shipment in next week since November. He didn't know what they were getting, or if they were using them for prebuilts or not.

It's not like I live in sub-Saharan Africa.

• Sad 1
17 hours ago, JZStudios said:

In completely unrelated news, this morning I called my local computer store, with the only other alternative being Best Buy and asked if they had ever gotten any of the 30 series cards. The guy told me they were getting their first shipment in next week since November. He didn't know what they were getting, or if they were using them for prebuilts or not.

It's not like I live in sub-Saharan Africa.

I understand your grief... I'm thinking about moving from PS4 to PC, but i found that i choose a bad timming for it, with GPU cards so scarce and costing sometimes 2x/3x more than the MSRP...

12 hours ago, Opassac said:

I understand your grief... I'm thinking about moving from PS4 to PC, but i found that i choose a bad timming for it, with GPU cards so scarce and costing sometimes 2x/3x more than the MSRP...

Yep. Going to be a **** year, maybe into next year. New games coming out and no one can play them.

• Sad 1
15 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Cheaper to buy a prebuilt system right now, you can get them with the unobtainium parts inside and most aren't marking them up much at all.

Yeah, except for the fact that I already have a full system. Even before I upgraded my mobo and CPU, that's a lot of excess cost I'd be eating for no reason. I'm not spending $2500 on a $800 upgrade.

In unrelated news, this man claims to have worked at CM and hated it immensely.

https://twitter.com/rtowlerdev/status/1386076378177622023

Why is anyone still paying so much more for PC rigs, instead of a console, if they're not playing niche PC-only titles (that usually don't require much horespower anyway)? Moreso when games like DR2.0 are standardised across the platforms and the PC versions barely offer any improvements.

Other than the lack of a FoV slider on console, which granted was total, utter suck