Jump to content Jump to content

17 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Why is anyone still paying so much more for PC rigs, instead of a console, if they're not playing niche PC-only titles (that usually don't require much horespower anyway)? Moreso when games like DR2.0 are standardised across the platforms and the PC versions barely offer any improvements.

Other than the lack of a FoV slider on console, which granted was total, utter suck

I'm doing it because it offers some extra customisation in the settings compared to consoles
The main reason is modding though as so many people create incredible mods for some of the racing games ranging from liveries to cars or circuits/stages.

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Why is anyone still paying so much more for PC rigs, instead of a console, if they're not playing niche PC-only titles (that usually don't require much horespower anyway)? Moreso when games like DR2.0 are standardised across the platforms and the PC versions barely offer any improvements.

Other than the lack of a FoV slider on console, which granted was total, utter suck

PCs do more, have an almost infinite backwards compatibility, emulators, higher framerates, and I can typically turn off god awful motion blur and AO. Either way it's not like you're buying a console right now either.

7 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

There are those beautifull liveries to replace the original dull ones.

And you can use a pc for a lot of other things. I know a lot of people manage to do all internet stuff with there phone, but I prefer a normal pc for a lot of things.

• Agree 3
7 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

I always wondered how the WRC 10 developers would go about Jon's Fiesta Rally4 livery.
I guess we know the answer now. I can't be absolutely sure or put my finger on it but I feel that something is missing... 🤣🤣🤣

2131757627_17-75(2).jpg.c5516a228e0557181eaaf6a0d69a6311.jpg

Would a side-by-side be too cruel? 😈

• Haha 1
  • Social Media & Community Team
23 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

I always wondered how the WRC 10 developers would go about Jon's Fiesta Rally4 livery.
I guess we know the answer now. I can't be absolutely sure or put my finger on it but I feel that something is missing... 🤣🤣🤣

2131757627_17-75(2).jpg.c5516a228e0557181eaaf6a0d69a6311.jpg

Wait a sec, aren't you the guy who makes custom liveries on Steam? 😉 

22 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

What do you mean? Something like this then?

2131757627_17-75(2).jpg.c5516a228e0557181eaaf6a0d69a6311.jpgDiRT-Rally-Team-4.jpg.c70b7b3780faae11f862703269b1284c.jpg

Missed opportunity for CM to sponsor it, so even in the opposition's game they're still advertising for their game. Bad business move.

• Confused 1
15 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Missed opportunity for CM to sponsor it, so even in the opposition's game they're still advertising for their game. Bad business move.

You assume it was up to us.

It's more likely that WRC don't want to advertise their "competitor" in their own game, which is understandable 😉 

(also, we were aware of this, that the car would be in their game as it's part of the championship, and without DiRT branding)

It's also something that's common in other racing games.

For example, the Forza Motorsport branding at Le Mans isn't in the GT Sport version of the track, and modern-day WRC liveries aren't available on the M-Sport WRC car in Forza Horizon 4.

The one anomaly seems to be the Nissan GT-R in Assetto Corsa Competizione, which has Gran Turismo logos, though with GT Sport being console only and ACC primarily focusing on Steam, maybe there wasn't enough correlation to consider the games rivals (or Sony threw money at it, who knows).

Godzilla is Here! Assetto Corsa Competizione Nissan GT-R GT3 First  Impressions – GTPlanet

• Agree 2

my mate brough a gtr nismo. it was his dream car spent months looking for the right one. went to collect it after buying it drove it for about 1 hr then a woman in a old clapped out fiesta front ended him at 30mph. all the air bags came out front screwed. right off. 😂 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, PJTierney said:

The one anomaly seems to be the Nissan GT-R in Assetto Corsa Competizione, which has Gran Turismo logos, though with GT Sport being console only and ACC primarily focusing on Steam, maybe there wasn't enough correlation to consider the games rivals (or Sony threw money at it, who knows).

The GT branded cars have also been in Forza titles. Just sayin', it's a missed opportunity.

7 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

my mate brough a gtr nismo. it was his dream car spent months looking for the right one. went to collect it after buying it drove it for about 1 hr then a woman in a old clapped out fiesta front ended him at 30mph. all the air bags came out front screwed. right off. 😂 

I find it sad that some people think it's an ugly car.

7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

The GT branded cars have also been in Forza titles. Just sayin', it's a missed opportunity.

It would be nice I agree, but to the best of my knowledge it wasn't our call to make.

I'm sure the "full" (or as close as we can get to it) livery will appear in a future title 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Apart from Jon's livery not having all the necessary logos, I'm wondering if any of you here have tried the WRC 10 demo?

I'm working on a deep dive video and having feedback from different people would actually be great.
You know, to compare notes.

was going to try it and actually liked some of the previous titles. just cant be bothered to get the wheel out though. didnt look to bad . its a shame i just cant play casually 😁

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

was going to try it and actually liked some of the previous titles. just cant be bothered to get the wheel out though. didnt look to bad . its a shame i just cant play casually 😁

At first glance it does look alright visually but once you start paying attention to things, it all falls apart really.

Rather poor quality when it comes to core design aspects and horrible optimisation.
There's still some time to fix or optimise certain bits but there will things they won't address at any point.
The first elements that come to mind are audio/engine sound, which is actually worse than WRC9, or horrendous 3D model textures.

Just look at the state of the legendary Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione... (also ignore the TeamVVV guy, not a fan of his work)
And it's shown using the showroom feature, where cars look their "best".
It honestly almost made me cry.

1996270037_Carmodels1.thumb.PNG.80e5c76ab11232f51c9b0a8ecfae127e.PNG

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

It would be nice I agree, but to the best of my knowledge it wasn't our call to make.

I'm sure the "full" (or as close as we can get to it) livery will appear in a future title 😉 

DiRT Rally 3 CAR LIST

First car confirmed: Ford Fiesta Rally4 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Wow, holy 2D Batman. To think that screenshot is for a game released at a later date than the Nissan screenshot above...

Look at these images of the livery on the Toyota Yaris WRC. That's with the graphics on high. 😞

2063306440_Livery3.thumb.png.228bdf10ad61b152bb4e18a9c4489fe1.png

Livery.thumb.png.cc52197103f9cfa0d30f57e293d67d7c.png

Probably not final textures, they're relatively easy to swap out once all the sponsor placements are approved.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Probably not final textures, they're relatively easy to swap out once all the sponsor placements are approved.

Aren't the sponsor placements set on the car when it comes to the official liveries? As in there's only one place the need to be placed at.

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant

Btw, these are all the topics I'm discussing in the video.
Anyone notices a topic I overlooked?

• Peripherals (wheels, controller, VR etc.)
  • Graphics/Visuals & Graphical Optimisation
  • Particle Effects
  • 3D Model Textures (cars, road surface, environment)
  • Damage Model
  • UI
  • Audio/Sound Quality
  • Pacenotes
  • Stage Layout
  • Physics & Handling
  • FFB

If there's a topic I forgot, let me know.

5 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Aren't the sponsor placements set on the car when it comes to the official liveries? As in there's only one place the need to be placed at.

It depends on when they got their reference. To give F1 as an example, reference is done around the first race of the year, but liveries may change a few events in and it's nice to get those updates in before launch if you can. Also, they might simply be placeholders until art optimisation happens (which is usually near the end of development once everything else in the game works, I think)

Just now, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Btw, these are all the topics I'm discussing in the video.
Anyone notices a topic I overlooked?

• Peripherals (wheels, controller, VR etc.)
  • Graphics/Visuals & Graphical Optimisation
  • Particle Effects
  • 3D Model Textures (cars, road surface, environment)
  • Damage Model
  • UI
  • Audio/Sound Quality
  • Pacenotes
  • Stage Layout
  • Physics & Handling
  • FFB

If there's a topic I forgot, let me know.

Controller handling would be a good one.

Some direct comparisons between DR2 and WRC as well, be it physics, cars, audio etc.

PC specs might be nice, what you need for Ultra, 4k, 60+ fps and so-on.

I think you have the rest covered though, given you can't do multiplayer until launch anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

It depends on when they got their reference. To give F1 as an example, reference is done around the first race of the year, but liveries may change a few events in and it's nice to get those updates in before launch if you can. Also, they might simply be placeholders until art optimisation happens (which is usually near the end of development once everything else in the game works, I think)

Controller handling would be a good one.

Some direct comparisons between DR2 and WRC as well, be it physics, cars, audio etc.

PC specs might be nice, what you need for Ultra, 4k, 60+ fps and so-on.

I think you have the rest covered though, given you can't do multiplayer until launch anyway.

I don't have a controller myself but I did get some feedback from Daniel Johansson and he says it's very similar to WRC9.
It's mentioned in the peripheral section when I discuss the controller because I can't really say much more than that.

There are quite a few comparisons with DR2.0 and even other rally or racing games like ACC and RBR.

Optimal PC specs I'm pretty clueless about. I already mentioned smooth 60 fps in a previous video.
In the graphical optimisation section I do talk about framerate or the inconsistency of it in the demo.

• Like 1